Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there any credible conspiracy theories?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,232 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Who said I was writing anything off?

But great, we agree that the popular conspiracy theory version is false.

So you believe that it is possible that there is a giant global conspiracy between scientists to suppress the idea of a lab leak origin?

Do you agree that this would indeed be a conspiracy?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

• Registered Users Posts: 20,687 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

When conspiracy come around people always go to far so it makes it easier to hide the truth if you get me ,

I would not be surprised if it was an accidental lab leak,

It depends how deep you'd need to go to hide it, How many people would actually have to know the truth ?

If its the head of the lab (1 person ) told to shut up and follow orders by Chinese or someone in the US , then its very doable,

Remember by the time the science community get in to see what is gone wrong the clean up is full effect , In theory no scientist would need to be involved in cover up , China are adapt at getting people to get there mouths shut, I honestly think if it was in Europe or the US it would be next to impossible to keep a lid on it,

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

You stated it absolutely was a lab leak, now it's you "think" it was a lab leak, finalising with "it's not pie in the sky". That's the point I was making, no one can be 100% sure.

Scientists are leaning towards one theory (its very complex) but not ruling anything out.

If however you feel there's a conspiracy happening and you have evidence of that, please share

Yes i think it was a lab leek & its not pie in the sky to think that,

But if its confirm as zoontoic then fair enough i can see how it could be,

Life is not black & white its ok to not agree with me , i understand your point of view,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

So you belive that a screw up in a lab in China would result in the EU deciding to abandon scientific research?

If a EU funded lab was the cause of millions of deaths & trillions of dollars lost it may just have an effect on some of there scientific research,

As said in 2014 for time The White House stopped funding to these type of labs over safety concern's & at that stage nothing like this had happened ,

Sorry, no I don't get you. Could you please answer my questions directly without going on these tangents?

Try again:

So you believe that it is possible that there is a giant global conspiracy between scientists to suppress the idea of a lab leak origin? Yes or no?

Do you agree that this would indeed be a conspiracy? Yes or no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

I remember when this was mentioned a few years ago. How well it's been forgotten about.

Of course it would be kept on the hush hush, the repercussions of something like that would be huge. Especially if it was a lab leak through gain of function research.

It would probably open up a lot of other scenarios too.

6.3 million deaths, who'd bare responsibility 613 million plus cases that they know about.

No : as you wouldn't need a giant global conspiracy between scientists to suppress it , Why would you ,why do you want to make things sound so complicated ? All you need is one person & 1 scientist ,

The person : 1 From the Chinses government & 1 Scientist :Dr. Shi’s

China’s refused to allow an independent investigation into her lab, or to share data on its research that was all the way up to August 2021 , lack of evidence after that does not mean it existed ,

Yes : That would be a conspiracy ,

I have a YES , NO question for you ,

Do you think the Chinese movement an trust worthy & transparent on all there goings on ?

• Advertisement

Ok. So 1 person or scientist is somehow suppressing all other scientists from supporting the idea of a lab leak origin? How is that possible?

Also, how have you figured this out, yet no scientists in the world have figure it out?

But great, you agree with the notion that such a thing is a conspiracy.

And no. I don't believe that the Chinese government is trustworthy and transparent. At least that's what I assume you're asking cause I'm not sur what the "chinese movement" is otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 macbanana

Yes I would say a lot of these so-called conspiracy theories have a great deal of truth in them.. the human race has been subjugated for a great deal of time and now now because we can share knowledge on the internet which by the way is becoming more and more difficult as most mainstream outlets have been censored.. the common term in uses people are "waking up".. which is pretty descriptive of what is happening.. just take a look at the farce of this so-called pandemic.. the increasing numbers of people dying suddenly.. the insistence of getting more and more of these poison jabs into our veins.. I could go on but I think it's better you find out for yourself but as I say that has become increasingly difficult.. Dr John Campbell seems to be a very reasonable kind of doctor to start with have a look at him..

There's still people in here who actually think that the vaccines stopped infection from covid. They'll try to tell you that they stop infection, but then they say that they never said vaccines stop infection. When you point out the fact that they did post it. Then they'll try to tell you you're unable to understand basic science and you don't understand comprehension.

Thread lightly in here, because the debunkers are out to get conspiracy theorists;)

Ok. So the plausible conspiracy theory you're suggesting is that the entire human race is secretly controlled by forces unknown who have faked the pandemic/started to kill thousands? Millions? of people for reasons unknown...

Might need to break out the dictionary for the word plausible lads...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Yes, it would tighten up safety standards. Something that all parties involved would welcome. No reason to think that the EU would somehow suppress information on the source of covid in order to keep funding other labs. They will keep funding regardless. They may adjust who and how they fund things, but that will constantly change anyway.

The EU is not suppressing information on the source. Other labs are not suppressing information on the source. Other scientists are not suppressing information on the source.

The source lab itself may be trying to keep things quiet, but much like any potential lab leak of a virus there would also be a leak of the information somewhere along the line. There will always be screw ups at labs, and there will always be information leaks from organisations.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

There are also still people in here who vehemently deny that they are conspiracy theorists yet jump in support of practically all conspiracy theories mentioned!

How you do not understand ??

Nobody was allowed into the lab or see the data for well over a year possibly two years ,

So how could other scientist know exactly what went in the lab ?? they can only go on the information they received from China 18/24 months after the event, They REFUSED to let anyone in or give the Data for somewhere between 18/24 months ,

Can you not see the issue,

Ye your correct China ,the EU & or the US would never keep information from the public ,

Your talking about a leak that cost millions of life's and Trillions of dollars & you think the Eu , US & China would be happy to take the blame ,

Please use common sense ,

I can understand the agree it could be zoonotic but to say if it was a leak it would be public news & nobody would try to hide it is absolutely crazy ,

Why are other people trying to gain access to the lab? I thought that all scientists around the world were in on the conspiracy to keep things quiet so that the EU was still able to fund them.

• Advertisement

Ok. And how does this result in other scientists not supporting the idea of a lab leak origin?

Why wouldn't they come to the same conclusion you did?

Why would the various funding bodies be on the hook for any compensation claims?

Why would anyone thinking of taking out a claim for compensation think that they would actually get anything from the individual or lab responsible when you'd be talking billions or trillions of dollars?

If someone screwed up that badly then they will face some charges from their government at most. But nobody is going to be getting any compensation paid out from them.

Where did i say compensation ?

As i said & is pretty wide knowledge The White House has already put a hold for some time on some virology research funding due to safety concern's , So you can imagine what the fall out would be,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

@macbanana is on about a nurse who did a doctorate in philosophy. lol

Which scientist ,which published paper are you talking about,

"Scientist say " is garbage click bate

If a proper paper is published on the subject of what happened in the lab , then they have to go by the Data from & in the setting in that lab ,

Again they where not allowed in that lab or get the data until 2 years after the event, So they came to conclusion of there paper due to the data & lab setting 2 year after the event, the outcome is correct in correlation with the data ,

Do you see the issues ,

Lets make it simple for you ,

Man is murder its filmed on camera in your living room ,body is removed , room is scrub down , video is deleted and throw out,

Police come 2 years later, work with the data at hand & say no crime here there is no evidence of foul play , The police have have collected all available data and there no mistake the data is reading correct ,

Can you see the issue with not getting data or entry for 2 years ,

You're still not answering the question and you're going off on these weird tangents and attempts at analogies.

I'm not talking about any one scientist.

You have come to the conclusion that the virus came from a lab.

You did this despite the evidence being covered up (by one person apparently.)

So why do doctors and experts not come to the same conclusion you do?

Are they prevented from doing so? Are they just not as smart and as informed as you?

Which published paper are your speaking off that came to a different conclusion to me ?

I can not answer how they came to there conclusion without seeing the paper they have written & what data they have used ?

Are the using that data form the lab they received two year later or are they assuming data ?

Again why do you keep making out its confirmed or universally accepted as zootonic its not as of yet,

The burden of proof goes both ways here buddy ,

Would i be wrong to say you have no idea where it came from ? if you do know I'm all ears ?

I'm not speaking of any papers. Not sure what you're on about.

Which published papers agree with you? Which experts share your conclusion that the virus was from a lab leak and that fact was covered up by one person?

Why don't the majority of experts and organisations agree with you when they aren't part of the conspiracy?

Where did I "make out" that it's confirmed or universally accepted?

• Advertisement

So you have not read a single published paper on why zoonotic ?

So you haven't read a single scientific finding to support your argument

Yet your 100% sure it can't be lab leek,

I agree that sections of the science community agree the findings from the Data they received 2 years later show its probably zoonotic,

Sir Jeremy Farrer ,Pof Mike Frazan , Dr Francis Collins (us national institute of health), Bob Garry UT & many more other do not see how it was possible for this to come together in nature, but also think further debate would do unnecessary harm to science in general and science in China in particular , There was mails between many of them made public,

You can't publish paper on the lab leek because its not a data driven scenario , surely you understand that in theory

Places like The University of Edinburgh recently turned down an Freedom of Information claiming “disclosure would be likely to endanger the physical or mental health and safety of individuals”.

It's possible & plausible its a lab leek and also plausible & possible its zoonotic

Advertisement