Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter 20/21 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

Gorgeous morning here in Cork. Dry with the sun peeking through he clouds. Feels very much like Spring, and not a hint of what's on the way for the week ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Rain in meath, 4mm since midnight, honestly i swear, there could be 99.9% sunshine around the country and rain would still find my area

• Registered Users Posts: 10,101 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Dry and bright here in Castlebar. Ground drying up a bit .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭appledrop

Same old, same old here in NCD dull + damp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

appledrop wrote: »
    Same old, same old here in NCD dull + damp.

Likes wise here. Could see the brighter looking skies to the south west but damp and drizzle here temp about 6 degrees. I hate winter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Same here, 13 days now since I last saw the sun! Haven't been following the other thread or really looked at the forecast but hoping the easterly winds blow away this constant gloom, even just for a day or two

• Registered Users Posts: 16,696 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

What is this Sun you speak of?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 leeash10

Rain and more rain here all day, heavy at times. lanes flooded, fields under water, 5c not feeling too cold. Everyone busy moving stock closer to home and strategically placing bales. Forecast for this area is for cold dry days with night frosts and light snow Thursday and Friday. After storm Emma nobody is taking any chances, so I am afraid to tell them its not going to be major as I could be proved wrong, West Wicklow 220 meters.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

The sun is out here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Same here, 13 days now since I last saw the sun! Haven't been following the other thread or really looked at the forecast but hoping the easterly winds blow away this constant gloom, even just for a day or two

I saw for 2 minutes a couple of days ago. It burned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭FrankC21

It's a rare mineral that can only be found coming out of Dr. Tony Holohan's mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭FrankC21

Can't wait for summer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,328 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Dry and bright here in Castlebar. Ground drying up a bit .

Well I was just about to say how nice it is in Castlebar even though it's a bit dull. I can't recall the last time I saw the ground so dry around here. If it only stayed like this for the next few days I'd be delighted. But I still wish for some shnow.

Just back from local park, the flooding is unreal.

We would be well used to areas that would usually have puddles, these are now like ponds.

The little stream that is usually bone dry in summer was actually nearly as high bridge which we gave never seen in our 8 years here.

Great fun was had throwing in sticks and stones.

God job we all had our wellies and boots on.

Don't know why people walk in park in winter with their white runners, they would only be fit for bin when you got home.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,929 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Yes parts of St Anne's I've never seen so waterlogged.
    I remember a Paddy's day in around 98 or 99 and it was 17c and totally blue skies and sunny in Dublin, anyone remember this? I went to Zanzibar on the quays!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Mad to hear of the flooding in Dublin, rare to see!

Nice enough day down here in Cork, dry, sunny spells. Chilly though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Yes parts of St Anne's I've never seen so waterlogged.
    I remember a Paddy's day in around 98 or 99 and it was 17c and totally blue skies and sunny in Dublin, anyone remember this? I went to Zanzibar on the quays!

I do remember 2004 being a scorcher when I was in croke park for the club finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Little snowy old me

Crikey. I don't know what to think based on many of the posts here this evening. Nothing much for even the east although it appears its all eyes on Thursday. Even here in Donegal we could see some snow for a while.

Looking forward to the hard dry cold weather. Hopefully it will last a few days and lift the water from the land.

Cycled to got beer and got pelted out of it by rain on the way back, it's so cold I got an ice cream headache. I can't believe they're all pining for snow in the other thread, snow is just a nuisance to me, I've had enough of winter at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Cycled to got beer and got pelted out of it by rain on the way back, it's so cold I got an ice cream headache. I can't believe they're all pining for snow in the other thread, snow is just a nuisance to me, I've had enough of winter at this stage.

Well in fairness it is a weather forum. Weather enthusiasts do like extreme weather. That's keeps my interest in weather. Cold spells for me anyway is top of my preference when it comes to extreme weather.
    Not saying I dont like pleasant days either and less interesting weather. Last spring for example was very pleasant.
    Anyway the spring / summer period isnt too far off now that we are in feb.
    I think those who have chased cold spells all winter are entitled to some snow.
    All I want every winter is one decent cold spell,most winters nowadays that does not happen. If the coming spell ends up a decent one ,well then I will look forward to spring........

• Advertisement

Billcarson wrote: »
    Well in fairness it is a weather forum. Weather enthusiasts do like extreme weather. That's keeps my interest in weather. Cold spells for me anyway is top of my preference when it comes to extreme weather.
    Not saying I dont like pleasant days either and less interesting weather. Last spring for example was very pleasant.

Whereas those of us who love sun and warmth in summer will be told by the some of the same weather enthusiasts to emigrate when the shoe is on the other foot.

Billcarson wrote: »
    All I want every winter is one decent cold spell,most winters nowadays that does not happen. If the coming spell ends up a decent one ,well then I will look forward to spring........

Ah yeah I know, different strokes, but they're fretting over it like a bunch of bored people waiting for cocaine to arrive at a party or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,101 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

its been a nice day here in Castlebar, nice to finally see the roads/pavements dry for a change. little change tonight, dry,calm, mostly cloudy. that will do :)

its been a nice day here in Castlebar, nice to finally see the roads/pavements dry for a change. little change tonight, dry,calm, mostly cloudy. that will do :)

Absolutely, nice breeze out there as well, land needs it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,254 ✭✭✭Nqp15hhu

The models don't show me getting above 2c, from this evening right through to Saturday! I will take that, nice crisp weather!

Ha ha I'm the same, hate snow/ icy weather because in normal times for me it means a long commute to work on very dangerous back roads. So thankfully that I'll be wfh during this week of bad weather.

Although I surprised myself 2 weeks ago really enjoyed the snow. I must be bored! Ah it was great to see my child so excited about it and building snowman together.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

If snow comes with blue skies and a nice hard frost it's welcome. If it stays and reflects the sunshine it's welcome.
    If it's soggy, falls out of a grey sky and melts into grey slush the minute it hits the ground it isn't welcome.
    I think people want a change from 6 months of non-stop rain more than anything else. People who go on ski holidays weren't able to go last year in a lot of cases and won't be able to go this year. They miss snow.

Rain...again....meath

Rain...again....meath

Dreadful wet morning again here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Dry overnight and this morning in Dublin, breezy but very pleasant

Advertisement