Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healthcare assistant jailed for 11 years for rape of woman with Alzheimer's

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭MFPM

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Quite a lot actually in this part of the world over the past fifty years or so.

I was wondering if someone would respond with such trite nonsense but I thought, Nah they wouldn't be that stupid, would they?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,993 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Its very common for media outlets to do that, bbc referring to every muslim arrested as ‘asian’ RTE often downplay or wont talk about race when its a story about somebody foreign.

I'm not surprised, it fuels xenophobic shyte.
    padd b1975 wrote: »
    Quite a lot actually in this part of the world over the past fifty years or so.

The clear context was RTE not globaly and over a period of decades. Anyone could sink a goal between posts shifted that far apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭TuringBot47

Overheal wrote: »

Yeah, facts tend to get in the way of the liberal agenda.

So I can see why you, boards, the state and media all want to filter out pure facts and information from the public.

My sister was nearly raped by a legal and illegal immigrant who tried dragging her into a car. I was attacked by an African.

So I can see why you, boards, the state and media all want to filter out pure facts and information from the public.

My sister was nearly raped by a legal and illegal immigrant who tried dragging her into a car. I was attacked by an African.

And I'm the pope, lizard people fingered my father.

If you want to stick to facts leave out the anecdotes.

If you want to stick to facts leave out the anecdotes.

Those anecdotes are facts.

• Advertisement

Those anecdotes are facts.
    Oh so I am the pope now? Well well well

These are unverifiable. That asserted without evidence is dismissed without evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Queasy Tadpole

That poor woman. I hope she gets all the help she needs. Absolutely disgusting. Elderly abuse boils my blood.

That asserted without evidence is dismissed without evidence.

That explains your perceived I.Q.
    Denial is an impulsive reaction without thought.
    I posted about both incidents in the past, maybe one under different reg.

I posted about both incidents in the past.

I've claimed to be the pope in the past, therefore I must be?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,172 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

So - if she was raped by an Irish guy, that would have been less painful for her and you wouldn't have been as angry, or it would have made no difference (in which case, why is it relveant?)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

eviltwin wrote: »
    More likely to protect the anonymity of his victim because I'm sure she and her family wants privacy. Everyone so concerned about her until it comes to disclosing information that may identify her and then all that concern goes out the window

Normally that would be the case with rape cases that the rapist gets anonymity in order for the victim to remain anonymous. But in this case a family member went on radio earlier today to talk about the case and their mother who was raped.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

MSM especially RTE & many government landlords love the POc's & rarely report their crimes so the sleeping irish wont annoy them in their profiteering on the immigrant big business.
    The immigrant industry makes millions for the landlords, in fact its fine to start winding them down as the politicians who bought properties 20 years ago ( on the strength of contracts ) to house the influx have now got the mortgages paid so they can let them out and they have all the money and a property.
    They dont give a **** about the poor folk they can rot - they hired managers so they didnt even have to see their tenants.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Not sure where people are getting that he isnt a citizen, he has been here for 15 years so it is highly likely that he is. Some posters have asserted that he is not a citizen with absolutely zero evidence to back it up, using it as a ruse to disguise their own racist tendencies.

Im wondering though why his name has been released but there doesnt seem to be any pictures of him in the media. A family member of the victim of this savage crime was on radio earlier so the family are not seeking anonymity here. There should be a picture of him published so everyone knows what he looks like and can give him a wide berth when he eventually gets released.

https://twitter.com/IsFearrAnStar/status/1288983736940404738

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

Imagine what that poor woman must have gone through when that filthy animal went into her that night, he doesn't deserve to live another minute in this innocent womans world the dirty vermin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

I visit care homes as a volunteer and the residents are as vulnerable as new born babies this is unfathomable the care home should also be held accountable for not vetting a sex offender.
    I hope the family sue the carhome out of business thats the real problem care for profit ( no real care involved !!) Cut corners employ cheap immigrant perverts all for the profit . The carehome industry should be banned in ireland & people should be paid to look after their own people like we always did.

Now this is where you're wrong, this home in particular was not a private nursing home, it was a HSE one.

Sorry to **** on your parade now but this is not to do with anyone trying to make a profit, it's to do with an evil scumbag taking advantage of the most vunerable in our society.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

What an unlucky family

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Danzy wrote: »
    Given the severity of his crime, why isn't he on a plane out of here, back home.

He will be put on the Garda sex offenders list until end of days on SOMIU on Pulse.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/justice/criminal_law/criminal_trial/sex_offenders_register.html

Im sure his visa will be revoked or if he has Irish citizenship , will be revoked also.

What a scumbag to do this to an elderly woman in care with health issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I hope they now go back and see if he's done this previously considering the vulnerable people he came into contact with ,

I highly doubt it was a first offence

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Cheers thanks for that. It seems the Star were the only ones to publish his picture, there is no picture on the reports from RTE or the Irish Times. It is a part the concept of justice seeing to be done that a convicted rapist has their picture published so the public at large know who they are. In some instances publishing a picture can bring other victims of their previous crimes forward.
    Gatling wrote: »
    I hope they now go back and see if he's done this previously considering the vulnerable people he came into contact with ,

I highly doubt it was a first offence

yeah thats the unthinkable thought, that he was preying on women with alzheimers in nursing homes for years. He had 15 years experience in the healthcare sector and its shuddering to think of what he might have gotten away with. Rape is a crime that needs immediate DNA evidence to prosecute it successfully so Id really fear he was preying on women who couldnt verbalise what happened to them. I feel sick to the stomach even thinking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Cheers thanks for that. It seems the Star were the only ones to publish his picture, there is no picture on the reports from RTE or the Irish Times. It is a part the concept of justice seeing to be done that a convicted rapist has their picture published so the public at large know who they are. In some instances publishing a picture can bring other victims of their previous crimes forward.

yeah thats the unthinkable thought, that he was preying on women with alzheimers in nursing homes for years. He had 15 years experience in the healthcare sector and its shuddering to think of what he might have gotten away with. Rape is a crime that needs immediate DNA evidence to prosecute it successfully so Id really fear he was preying on women who couldnt verbalise what happened to them. I feel sick to the stomach even thinking about it.

The media is afraid of being labeled as racist if they public name and show his pictures ,it's the usual situation being regularly discussed across multiple forums .

Absolutely believe there is more to this case and likely other's victims who Will never get to speak of the horrors forced on them by this and other individuals

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

well as we had a referendum in 2004 to stop automatic citizenship, as he himself is not a citizen, lets call it 'the most likely option'

Nonsense, you know well anyone born in the state who’s parents are habitually resident in the state are entitled to citizenship. There isn’t a particularly high bar for “habitually resident”.

You just want to act the Internet hard man about migrants and kids of migrants.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Reporting facts about what race commits crimes might fuel resentment against that race so lets not report it,

Great idea....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Under a different editor that picture never would have been run, thank christ we can still rely on the facts being shown

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Millionaire only not

paw patrol wrote: »
    is there any reason this case was done so quick. I know he pleaded guilty buy never seen on actioned this quick.

I could think of one or two quicker solutions if it happened to my relations or indeed mother .

pinkyeye wrote: »
    Now this is where you're wrong, this home in particular was not a private nursing home, it was a HSE one.

Sorry to **** on your parade now but this is not to do with anyone trying to make a profit, it's to do with an evil scumbag taking advantage of the most vunerable in our society.

Black lives matter did u not here , wonder if he was white and the victim was black !

Reporting facts about what race commits crimes might fuel resentment against that race so lets not report it,

Great idea....

It’s a red herring to believe such crap. Should go look at what’s happening to asians in America right now because of the fixation with the virus starting in China and the CCP trying to suppress news of it in the beginning of all this. Hate speech, hate crimes, professional and social discrimination.

Anyone can be a rapist, fostering the idea, however subliminally, that “all Nigerians are rapists” which is not just illiberal but dangerous thinking. Irish people are going to differentiate, anyway, between a Nigerian and a black Englishman or a Syrian or a South African? The heck they will. People will go off and associate brown skin with rape and murder because of red herrings and xenophobic fearmongering. Why do you need to know what race commits the crime, really? Only to resent race.

Personally it’s enough for me to hear the ever evolving tales of Florida Man: he is both redneck, white collar, black, white, Jewish, Christian, muslim, etc etc - it’s a running joke yes but I can’t pick out a Floridian from a crowd, and subsequently use the entire history of Florida Man to assume this Florida Man in Michigan or elsewhere is going to do [all of these crazy, Florida Man things]. We can learn a lot from Florida Man, that it doesn’t matter your race or creed, what really matters is you did something bat**** crazy.

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    Not a fan of the death penalty, but I would apply to this scumbag.

I hear ur racist now father
    https://fatherted.gifglobe.com/scene/?id=DMgd2FhtBM0a

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Great idea....

its not about race. its about culture.

Oh so I am the pope now? Well well well

These are unverifiable. That asserted without evidence is dismissed without evidence.

Not a big fan of the #ibelieveher movement so?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

kravmaga wrote: »
    He will be once he completes his sentence and will be on the sex offenders list until end of days on Pulse.

Im sure his visa will be revoked or if he has Irish citizenship , will be revoked also.

What a scumbag to do this to an OAP.

I wish I had your confidence.

Advertisement