Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healthcare assistant jailed for 11 years for rape of woman with Alzheimer's

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Overheal wrote: »
    Is it a fact or an assumption his family came to Ireland illegally?

Bogus asylum seeker who allegedly got someone pregnant

• Registered Users Posts: 33,172 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Gatling wrote: »
    Bogus asylum seeker who allegedly got someone pregnant

Doesn't answet the question! (Not that it makes much difference).

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

His bogus (illegal/false asylum application) i.e. status, was reported by a newspaper, they've most likely done some research or asked a few quesitons before publishing:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EeZwauzXYAAdQKJ?format=jpg&name=small

His bogus (illegal/false asylum application) i.e. status, was reported by a newspaper, they've most likely done some research or asked a few quesitons before publishing:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EeZwauzXYAAdQKJ?format=jpg&name=small

... in the Sunday World...? Ok then. That settles that.

^User will only accept stories from the (very poor selling) Guardian, anything else offends their sensitivities too much, aww bless.

• Advertisement

^User will only accept stories from the (very poor selling) Guardian, anything else offends their sensitivities too much, aww bless.

Come on - I said the issue was settled! Sunday World - unquestionable integrrity and purveyor of honest truth as evidence by the sales numebrs!

Come on - I said the issue was settled! Sunday World - unquestionable integrrity and purveyor of honest truth as evidence by the sales numebrs!

Just lucky you don't write for them in which case, with such atrocious spelling, lols.

Just lucky you don't write for them in which case, with such atrocious spelling, lols.

Dammit! I always forget to proofread when the Grammar Nazis are in town! One day, I will remember.... one day...

Anyway, where were we? Oh yes. Sunday World. Case closed - next thread please.

...Anyway, where were we? Oh yes. Sunday World. Case closed - next thread please.
    Ah yes, here we are: 'Person unable to spell, critises and dismisses newspaper as a potential valid source'.

Surely someone will do a J'Depp and sue this particular newspaper for defamation etc, if as you allude to, there is 'zero truth' to the published story?

Of course they will, any day now...

Ah yes, here we are: 'Person unable to spell, critises and dismisses newspaper as a potential valid source'.

Surely someone will do a J'Depp and sue this particular newspaper for defamation etc, if as you allude to, there is 'zero truth' to the published story?

Of course they will, any day now...

I know, I know - doesn't proofread for typos, can't possibly be a journalist. You never see typos in a newspaper.

No clue what "doing a "J'Depp" is. Assuming it's related to the actor.

• Advertisement
  • Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: @Princess Consuela Bananahammock, @Accumulator - quit it with the childish back and forth.

HE STARTED IT!!!

Seriously, though sorry - should have nipped it in the bud with the grammar Nazi defense.

Not that it matters: he's scum (as in the rapist) but where he comes from and how he got here is irelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Corcaigh84

Not that it matters: he's scum (as in the rapist) but where he comes from and how he got here is irelevant.

Ah yeah, coming from one of the rape capitals of the world is totally irrelevant

https://www.fairobserver.com/culture/nigeria-sexual-violence-arewa-me-too-movement-africa-news-88876/

Corcaigh84 wrote: »
    Ah yeah, coming from one of the rape capitals of the world is totally irrelevant

https://www.fairobserver.com/culture/nigeria-sexual-violence-arewa-me-too-movement-africa-news-88876/

Ya see, this is the point: you're not judging the individual. If you're ok being banned from somewhere for based on your nationality - fair enough - at least your concisent.

Beyond that it's confirmation bias for xenophobia: I'd argue you're against immigration full stop and not just in cases like this - and you're more offedned by the contry/city than the actual act.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Mr. Karate

DelaneyIn wrote: »
    The papers are reporting that he came to Ireland illegally, got leave to remain when he had a kid here and that it’s unlikely that he will be deported upon completion of his sentence.

https://twitter.com/DonCarlo66/status/1289841958723022848/photo/1

I wonder what background checks were conducted?

None. He was hired solely so the Nursing Home could virtue signal [Waterford Regional had one working in the clinics and he couldn't even read an X-Ray] about how diverse their staff is. I hope the family take them to the cleaners.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭joseywhales

This guy who couldn't read an x-ray, was he a radiologist or at least an MD? I assume so, it just sounds like you are expecting a care worker to read an x-ray

No idea. My Sister twisted her ankle and when we went to Waterford Regional he told her that he didn't know how to read an X-Ray. This back in 2008 and I can guarantee he's still there.

Nah - a lot of people here are twisting this into a sick racist agenda and couldnt give a **** about the woman who was raped. All they care about is "the rapist was foreign".

Unlike people like you who don't give a **** about the rape victim and only care about being able to shout racism.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,995 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Mr. Karate wrote: »
    No idea. My Sister twisted her ankle and when we went to Waterford Regional he told her that he didn't know how to read an X-Ray. This back in 2008 and I can guarantee he's still there.

If the staff member isn't trained/certified to give a diagnosis from an X-Ray they shouldn't. What's the conniption there? I don't give legal or fiduciary advice in a professional capacity either even though on a personal level I know how to navigate the law and balance my checkbook. I'm not certified to do so for others and will not open myself up to that liability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

That's the stupidest comment on this thread by a country mile! It appears to assume that the Defamation Act doesn't apply to the Sunday World, which is absurd.

(Plaese note that the foregoing is no reflection whatsoever on the person who posted it, as the Moderators don't approve of ad hominem comments.)

• Advertisement

That's the stupidest comment on this thread by a country mile! It appears to assume that the Defamation Act doesn't apply to the Sunday World, which is absurd.

(Plaese note that the foregoing is no reflection whatsoever on the person who posted it, as the Moderators don't approve of ad hominem comments.)

I've made my point with that respect. And the stupidist comment in this thread is one the implies moderators should approve of ad homeinem comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

<Snip>

Don't discuss moderation on thread. Take it to pm if you wish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭pinkyeye

None. He was hired solely so the Nursing Home could virtue signal [Waterford Regional had one working in the clinics and he couldn't even read an X-Ray] about how diverse their staff is. I hope the family take them to the cleaners.

It's outrageous that you're claiming here that no checks were done. If Garda checks are not on file for any nursing home employee that nursing home can be shut down straight away by HIQA so you can be bloody sure that Garda checks are done.

Problem is, no-one knows what crime someone has done and got away with it but unless you expect nursing homes to be physic I don't know how that can be prevented.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I don’t know if this is racist or not but anyone coming to work in this country regardless of colour etc should have the deepest of checks done on them and any offenders who have convictions for serious crimes should be denied entry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

I remember that case. There was a Zambian radiographer there. She had a catalogue of complaints. A young boy was xrayed three times in succession. She was not available to come to the fitness to practice hearing because she was at home and had problems with her Visa. She claim it was racist staff that were defaming her.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/radiographer-found-guilty-of-professional-misconduct-and-poor-performance-1.3700497
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/radiographer-treated-as-if-she-had-just-come-out-of-the-bush-1.3697739
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-30913218.html
    https://www.irishcentral.com/news/irish-radiographer-kashimbo-musonda-inquiry
    https://www.lawsociety.ie/gazette/Top-Stories/sub-standard-health-worker-struck-off-as-a-danger-to-the-public/

Its all there folks

pinkyeye wrote: »
    It's outrageous that you're claiming here that no checks were done. If Garda checks are not on file for any nursing home employee that nursing home can be shut down straight away by HIQA so you can be bloody sure that Garda checks are done.

Problem is, no-one knows what crime someone has done and got away with it but unless you expect nursing homes to be physic I don't know how that can be prevented.

Clearly they didn't check deep enough or they would have been discovered that he was here illegally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

We need strong leadership who forego worrying about feelings and do what is needed to keep people safe. This animal should not have been here in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

pinkyeye wrote: »

I have a better question, who hired her and on what grounds?
    I mean anyone in any profession will recognise another professional in a 15 minute conversation.
    I am not a radiographer but at interview stage, I would be able to draw out a technical answer from an interviewee.
    eg.
    Q. What is the worst break you ever saw in Zambia?
    A. I would expect the interviewee to use the proper bones names and parts.
    I would expect technical descriptions like lateral medial distal proximal.
    I would also expect a mathematical questions on radiation half lives.
    Then I would make mistake and expect the interviewee to correct me on a technical point.

I mean s*it lads, I mean how hard can it be to work out how much someone knows about a subject until a spoofer becomes apparent?

Clearly they didn't check deep enough or they would have been discovered that he was here illegally.

He wasn't here illegally at the time of employment. He wouldn't be able to work at all if he was.

Stop with your nonsense.

• Advertisement

I have a better question, who hired her and on what grounds?
    I mean anyone in any profession will recognise another professional in a 15 minute conversation.
    I am not a radiographer but at interview stage, I would be able to draw out a technical answer from an interviewee.
    eg.
    Q. What is the worst break you ever saw in Zambia?
    A. I would expect the interviewee to use the proper bones names and parts.
    I would expect technical descriptions like lateral medial distal proximal.
    I would also expect a mathematical questions on radiation half lives.
    Then I would make mistake and expect the interviewee to correct me on a technical point.

I mean s*it lads, I mean how hard can it be to work out how much someone knows about a subject until a spoofer becomes apparent?

I think you're confusing your stories, I'm talking about the subject of the thread who was a healthcare assistant not a radiographer. :rolleyes:

Advertisement