Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Problem

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 antillia2020

The management above him knows me longer than they know him with most of them being my direct managers at some stage in the past. They know I am good employee.

To be honest I am considering handing in my notice , even apart from this issue the stress and work load is not worth it. Better jobs out there for definite. I was planning to leave in 3 months anyway well before this so might just hand in my notice

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭MrsBean

Yeah, it might be a good option to save yourself the stress of dealing with it. The old adage rings try - people don't leave bad jobs, they leave bad managers! Best of luck with everything OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I would approach one of the other managers to poach you back if you know them that well.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭thefa

It may be best to hold off on the notice until you have an offer but depends on your circumstances. Can be easier to gain offers while in employment and leave less to explain but can be affected by supply and demand.

Also, might be worth staying with the company in a different department as mentioned above for some added security given the uncertainty in the economy at the moment but, again, depends on your circumstances.

That said, nothing ventured, nothing gained and the current situation will take an even bigger toll if it persist for longer. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

not sure how he can justify puttinh me on PIP.

Hasn't he told you the reasons?

So right now it's he said you said.

Management will side with him.

You need to stop being so stubborn and start playing this more smartly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭bullpost

The management above him knows me longer than they know him with most of them being my direct managers at some stage in the past. They know I am good employee.

To be honest I am considering handing in my notice , even apart from this issue the stress and work load is not worth it. Better jobs out there for definite. I was planning to leave in 3 months anyway well before this so might just hand in my notice

Any update? Would be interested to see how this ended.

Advertisement