Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Whistledown

Has anyone from Westmeath Offaly been invited to Etray? I've never done one before....

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Darren1881

Can anyone say from the point of completing the etray roughly how long did the results take? I know it must be completed by the 18th. But roughly how long after that should we find out?

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭blondie007

Darren1881 wrote: »
    Can anyone say from the point of completing the etray roughly how long did the results take? I know it must be completed by the 18th. But roughly how long after that should we find out?

I think usually 2-3 weeks after the closing date.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭facade

I did the etray on November 11th and got a result on the 18th of December

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Nightlight3

Hi. Did anyone who completed the e-tray run out of time? Is it an automatic fail?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Em2157

Hi. Did anyone who completed the e-tray run out of time? Is it an automatic fail?

Just finished, I did all of the emails/work, and I was about a minute off finishing the main task and I ran out of time. I hope it's not an automatic fail. Did that happen to anyone in the first batch and they still scored ok/got through? Argh. Could kick myself.

Em2157 wrote: »
    Just finished, I did all of the emails/work, and I was about a minute off finishing the main task and I ran out of time. I hope it's not an automatic fail. Did that happen to anyone in the first batch and they still scored ok/got through? Argh. Could kick myself.

They seem to have changed the format. In the past you had to ensure you submitted everything before the time ran out. That really threw me off seeing that the work was still there and couldn't send it so I felt as though it wasn't complete. It looks like this time that once you have boxes ticked etc they are automatically sent at the end so I'm sure you'll be fine. Obviously if there were certain things you didn't finish in the main task you may lose some marks but i wouldn't be too worried.

facade wrote: »
    I did the etray on November 11th and got a result on the 18th of December

Was Nov 11th the closing date or the date that you did yours? Thanks

They seem to have changed the format. In the past you had to ensure you submitted everything before the time ran out. That really threw me off seeing that the work was still there and couldn't send it so I felt as though it wasn't complete. It looks like this time that once you have boxes ticked etc they are automatically sent at the end so I'm sure you'll be fine. Obviously if there were certain things you didn't finish in the main task you may lose some marks but i wouldn't be too worried.

Thanks for that. I was kicking myself, I really don't think I did too badly otherwise, I spent ages beforehand familiarising myself and I felt ready. Ah, I'm hoping it'll be OK. I'd love to know if it happened to anyone in the first batch of etray, and how they got on in scoring 🀔

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭facade

blondie007 wrote: »
    Was Nov 11th the closing date or the date that you did yours? Thanks

Both, I left it to the last minute!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 mulligja

Does anyone know how heavily the EO competencies are being assessed during the e-Tray?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭budget1984

Just finished it there. The example is very useful. Make sure you take the time to read all the instructions. It gives you 2 hours so make sure you take the time to learn all the rules explained.

Hi, just wondering how you found the etray. I'm planning on completing it tomorrow but so nervous

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭budget1984

Mayoman89 wrote: »
    Can anyone who has done the E-Tray tell me if the sample one is in any way similar to the real one? I.E is your role the same? Is it the same company? Etc. I'm extremely nervous as I've never done one before and any of the practice ones online seem to be a different format to the sample one.

Hi just wondering did you do the etray yet? I'm. Planning on completing mine tomorrow but so nervous

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mayoman89

budget1984 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering did you do the etray yet? I'm. Planning on completing mine tomorrow but so nervous

Haven't done it yet due to work etc. Will be doing it Wednesday.

I did the etray exam this morning. Mine was the same company, same manager etc as the example & the format is the same.

The time absolutely flies, I was just signing off on my last email when my time ran out but I had the body of it done so hope I'll be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Seny92

Thanks for that. I was kicking myself, I really don't think I did too badly otherwise, I spent ages beforehand familiarising myself and I felt ready. Ah, I'm hoping it'll be OK. I'd love to know if it happened to anyone in the first batch of etray, and how they got on in scoring 🀔

I ran out of time just as I was signing off my name on the main task so didn’t get to press send/save. I was really worried but when I got my results back in December I was relieved that I passed quite comfortably. So it looks like the main task email does send automatically at the end whether you have pressed send/save or not.

Seny92 wrote: »
    I ran out of time just as I was signing off my name on the main task so didn’t get to press send/save. I was really worried but when I got my results back in December I was relieved that I passed quite comfortably. So it looks like the main task email does send automatically at the end whether you have pressed send/save or not.

Thank you, you've put my mind at ease as I ran out of time too, just as I was signing off on my email.

budget1984 wrote: »
    Hi, just wondering how you found the etray. I'm planning on completing it tomorrow but so nervous

This is the third etray I've done and this one I didn't find as bad. Now I can't say for sure if it's because I've had prior practice but there are definitely worse exams you could get.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Seesee

This happened me during etray. I don’t think I actually managed to sign off on the email. I may have lost a few marks but nothing major and definitely not a fail. Don’t worry. Well done, you have it done now. Good luck!

Thanks so much for all of your posts back today, it certainly has eased my worries. This is a lovely group of people-all so helpful and nice. I feel confident with what I did, but feel I was a bit too cautious so didn't give myself enough time. I'm a current CO, and I really want to get to that next level. I think everyone is worrying about another recruitment embargo, even if all I can see in my department is growth and promotion at the moment. I wish all of you the best of luck. My advice would be to spend plenty of time with the familiarisation document, be completely comfortable with the scenario and ways to answer before starting the test. Also-take a good look at the main task when it comes in and don't leave it late. It wasn't overly difficult-just remember you don't have bags of time! I read everything twice-that was my downfall with time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

I just finished the e-tray. I had two minutes spare at the end of the email to check back over everything which I was glad of. I believe I answered everything. I could definitely feel the time pressure but I think once you work quickly enough its doable.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

I finished the e-tray with 10 mins to spare. I checked through everything to ensure I didn't omit anything or forget a task. It was straightforward enough and there were no questions designed to catch you out or make you panic.

The longest was writing the email, but it was still very do-able. The test itself isn't complicated; the most important thing is time management and knowing what you need to do immediately vs. what you can leave for later.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Rebelgirl87

Hi Everyone, l'm just wondering has anyone been called for the Cork e-tray yet? It seems to have been on hold for a long while.

Hi Everyone, l'm just wondering has anyone been called for the Cork e-tray yet? It seems to have been on hold for a long while.

I was called for Cork, did the etray yesterday. As far as I know they've called up to the late 40s so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Davis3265al

Has anyone from Westmeath Offaly been invited to Etray? I've never done one before....

Hey I'm in the top 10 for offaly and top 20 for westmeath and got called for e-tray last week

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭trafficlight

Hey, just wondering anyone called for the Kerry e-tray yet?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 22 maca13

Anyone been called for any Connacht counties?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Lauras5839

I'm just wondering has anybody from the Dublin Interdepartmental panel been offered a position yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Sooo

blondie007 wrote: »
    I was called for Cork, did the etray yesterday. As far as I know they've called up to the late 40s so far.

I am in the mid 120s oom open stream for Cork. I emailed PAS and was told they had called TOTAL SCORE 125 and below. I was confused and understood they were calling by oom and not total score so I emailed back and they confirmed. I just missed out as my oom was within but my total score is just outside the parameter. They said they may call another batch in a few months for etray.
    Hope this helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 M1ssym00

Mellybelly wrote: »
    [is that for batch one? Congrats

Yea batch 1.1, thank you

Advertisement