Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Skoda Enyaq

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Gazzler82

dodgerooni wrote: »
    Thanks Garo and Kcross too. You boys are really on the ball. However it makes me think that the best time to purchase an electric car is in two/three years time. Maybe this is me thinking that I'll wait for the next best thing and as said above, it's a never ending circle.
    I just feel if I buy the enyaq 80 next year with a 500k range for €43,000, and then in 2-3 years time there's a model with 800k range and at a cheaper price, say €35,000, well then at that stage, what would my Enyaq be worth??

Personally that’s why I think electric cars make more sense as pcp/Id plan at the moment versus owning outright. You have your GMFV so as long as you commit to the mileage you are grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dodgerooni

Gazzler82 wrote: »
    Personally that’s why I think electric cars make more sense as pcp/Id plan at the moment versus owning outright. You have your GMFV so as long as you commit to the mileage you are grand.

But would the car companies just have the GMFV quite low and cover themselves that way, while you make big repayments in the mean time??

Also I just realised that the government grant of €10,000 could be withdrawn in a few years when the price of the cars comes down, making the current prices quite attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Casati

But would the car companies just have the GMFV quite low and cover themselves that way, while you make big repayments in the mean time??

Also I just realised that the government grant of €10,000 could be withdrawn in a few years when the price of the cars comes down, making the current prices quite attractive.

As well as grants coming down our government will have to replace the lost VRT if sales of petrol and diesels stop - once EV’s have mass market adoption they will be target of of extra taxes too

It could be a v good time to buy now if the car suits your needs. If you are more than happy with 500km range then an 800km range won’t really do much for you will it? For sure a 800km range car will attract a wider range of buyers but not all people will pay a premium for this extra range

We already see some car manufacturers move away from the race for the longest range EV to more fun cars with acceptable range eg Honda, Mini. These cars are fine even for most people with longer commutes

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Current experience shows that even with bigger batteries coming along the depreciation is about the same for most EVs as it is for a combustion car.
    You'll find articles reporting higher than expected depreciation, but these are often based on a comparison of the pre-grant price versus the used car, or comparing vehicles where the price has increased due to the bigger battery (looking at you Ioniq)

Casati wrote: »
    As well as grants coming down our government will have to replace the lost VRT if sales of petrol and diesels stop - once EV’s have mass market adoption they will be target of of extra taxes too

It could be a v good time to buy now if the car suits your needs. If you are more than happy with 500km range then an 800km range won’t really do much for you will it? For sure a 800km range car will attract a wider range of buyers but not all people will pay a premium for this extra range

We already see some car manufacturers move away from the race for the longest range EV to more fun cars with acceptable range eg Honda, Mini. These cars are fine even for most people with longer commutes

Ya the only thing I want the long range for is for getting from Limerick to Dublin and back in the one day. For the rare time we get to Croke Park, I travel up and down in the one day always.

So my question is would a Enyaq 80 with a 500k range, travel 400k in a day, travelling exclusively on motorway going at 120kph? If so, I personally would never need a longer range.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Casati wrote: »

you can bet your bottom dollar on this , if everyone went out and bought an EV in the morning , motor tax would not remain at 120 per annum

• Moderators Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

The 120 tax should really just be zero. So few EVs out there to have it make any difference to the exchequer, but everyone loves a freebie (free charging as a clear example). Have it free for 2 years on new EVs, then it's "normal" tax prices (whatever normal will be for EVs in the future). It'd either coerce ICE drivers to switching, or push existing EV drivers to upgrade (so they keep zero tax) and thus add some cheaper EVs to the second hand market for ICE drivers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    you can bet your bottom dollar on this , if everyone went out and bought an EV in the morning , motor tax would not remain at 120 per annum

Thats correct, but its so far away from being reality that any EV you buy today is unlikely to be targeted in the timeframe you own it.

And whatever taxes are put on EV's there will be multiples of that on ICE so you have to pick your poison! :)

Is there a skoda enyaq coupe coming out next year also? Based on the skoda vision iv concept? Can anyone clarify this. If so it would be a beautiful car based on the pictures online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Is there a skoda enyaq coupe coming out next year also? Based on the skoda vision iv concept? Can anyone clarify this. If so it would be a beautiful car based on the pictures online.

Highly doubtful for the European market. The Asians love their GT “sport back” type shapes (think BMW X6). I think they did a Kodiaq GT over there.

Still here waiting for Mazda to ever release something that looks like their mad long rakey concept coupé.

• Advertisement

BBMcQ wrote: »
    Highly doubtful for the European market. The Asians love their GT “sport back” type shapes (think BMW X6). I think they did a Kodiaq GT over there.

Still here waiting for Mazda to ever release something that looks like their mad long rakey concept coupé.

That would be an awful pity. It’s such a beautiful car. Here’s a video of it. I’d certainly buy it over the SUV version anyway.

https://youtu.be/-f1g9xl6W_E

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Gile_na_gile

Prices officially launched today. EV news quiet now in middle of Level 5 phase.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/motors/skoda-confirms-irish-prices-for-its-new-all-electric-enyaq-crossover-1.4405753

After grants:
    Enyaq 60 58KwH €38,762 (390km WLTP)
    Enyaq 80 77KwH €47,922 (510km WLTP)
    Enyaq 80x 4WD 77KwH priced next year

• Registered Users Posts: 4,341 ✭✭✭McGiver

After grants: Enyaq 60 58KwH €38,762 (390km WLTP) Enyaq 80 77KwH €47,922 (510km WLTP) Enyaq 80x 4WD 77KwH priced next year
    Base price? No Enyaq 50?

Prices officially launched today. EV news quiet now in middle of Level 5 phase.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/motors/skoda-confirms-irish-prices-for-its-new-all-electric-enyaq-crossover-1.4405753

After grants:
    Enyaq 60 58KwH €38,762 (390km WLTP)
    Enyaq 80 77KwH €47,922 (510km WLTP)
    Enyaq 80x 4WD 77KwH priced next year

Is there any brochure of the differences in the specs?

Seems the 60 has DC 50kW charging only! So enyaq at 39k for 390km and 50kW charging. Vs id4 42k for 500km and 125kW DC charging. There is lots more in between, but those are 2 of the main ev check points people will be looking at.

Is there any brochure of the differences in the specs?

Seems the 60 has DC 50kW charging only! So enyaq at 39k for 390km and 50kW charging. Vs id4 42k for 500km and 125kW DC charging. There is lots more in between, but those are 2 of the main ev check points people will be looking at.
    According to EV DB it is 100Kw DC
    https://ev-database.org/car/1279/Skoda-Enyaq-iV-60

IT piece says no short range enyaq 50 here

According to EV DB it is 100Kw DC

IT piece says no short range enyaq 50 here

Optional extra from what I've read in a few places.
    2021 Skoda Enyaq iV charging
    Every Skoda Enyaqi iV comes with 50kW DC charging capability, but you can pay extra to be able to use 100kW DC charging for cars with the 62kW battery and 125kW DC charging for versions with the larger 82kW battery.

~€1000 extra? Maybe less? Still, brings it closer to the id4 price but with less range, and I'm pretty sure less spec (more optional extras).

Picking out a few nice but kinda standard features these days for the Skoda (on the UK site).

If you want keyless entry that's £710 - other lesser features included with all these in these prices.
    Heated front seats £395
    Adaptive cruise control £695
    Reversing camera (and front sensors) £495.
    100kW charging is £430

Think all those are standard on the id4 1st.

My God, they don't include 100 Kw charging for a lousy 430 pounds ? that's a disgrace really. Charging is a pretty big deal on electrics, you'd think they'd make it so it could charge as fast as possible. Can only imagine that having a negative impact on used values with only 50 Kw DC charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Orebro

My God, they don't include 100 Kw charging for a lousy 430 pounds ? that's a disgrace really. Charging is a pretty big deal on electrics, you'd think they'd make it so it could charge as fast as possible. Can only imagine that having a negative impact on used values with only 50 Kw DC charging.

I'd imagine (hope!) that this is software enabled so could be purchased later on?

Orebro wrote: »
    I'd imagine (hope!) that this is software enabled so could be purchased later on?

That's an interesting question.

I know that there are People who won't pay for it if it's extra but probably regret having to wait 20 odd mins or more at a fast charger.

• Advertisement

That's an interesting question.

I know that there are People who won't pay for it if it's extra but probably regret having to wait 20 odd mins or more at a fast charger.

Bit more than 20 minutes

Time: time needed to charge from 10% to 80%
    64 min on 50kW @ 200km/hr
    33 min on 100kW @ 390km/hr

A 30 minute stop only giving you another 100kw, that sucks. (50kW)

Granted there's not many 100kW units in Ireland, but give it 3-5 years and hopefully there's a lot more and thus a lot more reason to want a 100kW charging capable car.

Bit more than 20 minutes
    Granted there's not many 100kW units in Ireland, but give it 3-5 years and hopefully there's a lot more and thus a lot more reason to want a 100kW charging capable car.

Only new city cars like the Honda can justify 50Kw DC charging, really, since they are not designed for long distance motorway usage. Enyaq is a rather large SUV, which along with the ID.4, are at the vanguard of mainstream largish EVs coming out. For that reason, I'd agree 50 Kw DC in 2021 is a bit useless for something designed for recreation and utility, albeit mostly misused as schoolrun vehicles. I doubt 50Kw will appeal to any who have done their homework, nor will the short-range models.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,410 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Only new city cars like the Honda can justify 50Kw DC charging, really, since they are not designed for long distance motorway usage. Enyaq is a rather large SUV, which along with the ID.4, are at the vanguard of mainstream largish EVs coming out. For that reason, I'd agree 50 Kw DC in 2021 is a bit useless for something designed for recreation and utility, albeit mostly misused as schoolrun vehicles. I doubt 50Kw will appeal to any who have done their homework, nor will the short-range models.

i think people underestimate the amount of these that will be second cars that go no further than 10-15km per day.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Cyrus wrote: »
    i think people underestimate the amount of these that will be second cars that go no further than 10-15k per day.

It would be a bit daft to spend the extra money on an EV if you are only doing 4,500km per year, the fuel savings are such that you'd be better buying a small petrol or a bicycle.

liamog wrote: »
    It would be a bit daft to spend the extra money on an EV if you are only doing 4,500km per year, the fuel savings are such that you'd be better buying a small petrol or a bicycle.

sure, but the reality is there are plenty of cars in dublin that do that kind of mileage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Cyrus wrote: »
    sure, but the reality is there are plenty of cars in dublin that do that kind of mileage.

Quite a lot of them are Range Rovers, or similar (as the rental companies say:D).

Quite a lot of them are Range Rovers, or similar (as the rental companies say:D).

indeed :o at least you can get a PHEV now :p

Folk like to have nice things :)
    Not everyone who goes EV does it to save €20/€30 a week on petrol/diesel costs. Loads of folk with a few quid and doing small miles would prefer to be in an Enyaq than a Polo/Ibiza/Fiesta etc and most certainly won't consider a bicycle for pottering about on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,199 ✭✭✭markpb

You're assuming the only reason people buy EVs is to save money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭garo

Yep. I am definitely not saving any money going the EV route. And that was even before the lockdown.

Advertisement