Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PV Feed In Tariff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭con747

It was answered here before, you can have as many names who qualify for tax purposes on the utility bill as long as they live there and each one is able to avail of the €200 exemption.

"The exemption is available to any individual who is the electricity bill payer, and who resides in the property. If there are two or more people named on the electricity bill, each person may avail of the €200 exemption."

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭alexf1

On the whole adding names to the account so we can claim an extra €200 exemption jobbie, I added my wife to the electricity account when renewing my plan with SSE. I was told they had to fully close the old account. So instead of renewing with a 10% discount, we were treated like new customers and got 15% discount! Go figure.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,066 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Bunch

Of

Tools 🤦‍♂️

And these are the same companies that will complain their costs are too high and they can't lower prices

Don't get me wrong, well done for working the system in your favour, but the fact that it's able to be worked in that way is an indication of how broken the consumer energy market is

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

@Jonathan is it worth putting that link on the FAQ sticky if not there already.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭steamdave

There was a plan to put a pumped hydro set up on a natural mountain lake directly above the sea in Co.Mayo dating back to 2012. The fluid would be seawater and the estimated drain time would be 6 hours. The power generated would be 6GWhr, 1200MW and linked to a 1900MW onshore wind farm. The original plan was to export the electricity generated to the UK through a dedicated 500kV 1300MW cable (because the local grid could not handle that amount of power).

Why has the plan not gone ahead? Well, the designer was most inconsiderate and died before all the bureaucracy could be overcome! Some of the plan may still go ahead one day.

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Is the Flogas 15c night offer gone now? My 7.9c Energia rate dies tomorrow. Their standard prices are 53.08c/25.46c and the best night rate they can offer is 21.64c so less than 4c a unit cheaper. In that case I'd likely be better to continue off contract until such times as my smart meter arrives and I get something with a cheap boost/EV rate.

Keep checking, the link gets taken down every so often because I think they get too many sign ups

• Registered Users Posts: 4 oscarplus2021

We have been with BordGais for a year, and they pay 18.5 cents, we are considering to switch to a company that pays 24 cents. We have received the credits for the exported energy after 6 months.

Do you have any experience when switching providers once the microgen is active?

Do you know if BordGais is actually paying back all the energy that we exported during last 6 months when we close the account with them? many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭irishchris

Just to be aware that from next month bord gais are paying 24c per kwh exported

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

You have to ring them and they will put it in your account

Also people whose contracts are ending with B/G are probably getting the best rates out there at the minute with discounts up to 44%. Read back a page or 2 below.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058235650/switching-electric-gas-providers-see-first-post-for-links/p178

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭n.d.os

I left SSE earlier this month. I was with them for one year and started producing my own electricity back in June of this year. So far I have received no credit from SSE and I'm worried that by the time their next payout comes around they will either disregard what they owe me or credit an account that is no longer in use.

Does anybody know how this works before I go ringing them for an explanation?

If you leave they should pay it into your bank, that's what happened to others who switched suppliers. Legally they have to pay it AFAIK if you are entitled to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭JayBee66

Don't bother ringing as they rarely answer. Contact their Twitter help account @SSEAirHelp

Payments are in June and October for the periods leading up to May and September.

You will only get paid when your NC6 has been processed by the ESB and your account on SSE updated in respect of this.

Your ESB Networks account should show that your excess power is being logged.

As you only started exporting this June then you will not get a payment until the October billings. If they don't then remind them through Twitter. Have MPRN and SSE account numbers at the ready.

I am still with SSE and see no point in leaving them just yet. They suit my usage profile.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

Yeah, I was one such customer. Left SSE in Sept '22 and they "wrecked my head" about refusing to pay deemed export unless I accepted a smart meter. I explained to them (multiple times) that I wanted to stay on my D/N tariff which smart meters didn't support, but no.....they said that they would not pay me my deemed export unless I went the smart meter. Despite the very fact that "deemed export" was specifically setup to cater for people who didn't have a smart meter.

All a lot of $hit if you ask me. Anyway, left them as a disgruntled ex-customer after 10 years and lo and behold 3-4 months later a cheque for €193 arrived in my letter box. So as con747 says above, it's your money.....they are 99.9% legally enforced to send whatever you are owned.

Just make sure that you are on their micro-generation scheme as a customer and you should (in time) get all the monies that your owed.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭connesha

Post edited by connesha on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

Someone who has a couple of 10 year olds could make them pay the electricity bill out of their pocket money :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭DC999

CRU confirmed to me in writing that we're not entitled to FIT if on a 24hr meter. Rationale is that smart meter are available to people must move to them to get FIT. In the interim, D/N meters do pay deemed FIT but that is closing down once smart meters are available to people on D/N meters now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭randombar

Hi All, probably a stupid question but did I see something in relation to a higher fit for an NC7?

• Advertisement

I think the last I seen it was 0.135c and fixed for a certain amount of years but not 100% sure on that.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

That document way back was confusing.

The nc7 really nothing to do with it, it's if you were domestic or non domestic

Domestic - 0c minimum

Non domestic is 13.5 minimum

No higher fit for nc7

I don't think you get a higher FIT but you can export more (assuming your inverter is up to it) so it can be beneficial in some cases

This is probably a good thread to look at for the NC7 process, it is a lot more involved than the NC6

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭randombar

I was looking at that all right, this one hopefully sounds more complex than the standard with the wind included as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Alkers

Sorry I haven't read the whole thread, we've had panels for nearly three years now and have been getting FIT on the deemed export rate since it came in, with our day / night meter.

We have never turned down or been offered a smart meter.

Out of contract with energia so initiated a switch to Bord Gais and singed up for day night tarrif and selected for microgeneration, only to get a call a few days later saying they had been instructed to halt all payments to people without smart meters. What are my options here?

I did recently get a letter about an upcoming smart meter upgrade but no date or time as of yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭DC999

It's covered on this thread. Some on D/N meters with large batteries are moving to smart meters with a cheap night time rate between 2-4 hours (depending on the provider): Is there any reason left not to go smart meter? — boards.ie - Now Ye're Talkin'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭jkforde

I thought that, once you don't officially refuse the smart D\N meter swap, you should still be eligible for deemed FIT from your provider up until the new smart D\N meter is installed & commissioned.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

Does anyone know how flogas works with their fit? I received my first bill and there was no mention of it, do they do it seperate? My only experience is electric Ireland where it’s part of your bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭waterwelly

I was told that I can sell my export to whomever I want. I don't need to sell it to my supplier, is this correct?

So for example if I am with bord gais as the cheapest supplier I can still sell it to electric Ireland if they pay the highest FIT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭HotSwap

Who told you that? I read something about this in a document from the CRU; but I understood it was something that was going to take a long time to implement.

Advertisement