Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PV Feed In Tariff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭snor

Yet it says those with low usage due to micro generation won’t be withheld. What is considered low usage? Solar (myself included) may have high usage (EV) but low bills (PV and battery). All very vague.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

I wonder what the low use bar is... Could be hitting it on our outfarm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭con747

At least they say there is an appeals process you can take up with your supplier if need be, whether it would be of any use with some suppliers is a different matter though. I think it's more geared up for vacant properties connected but using very little units.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭curioustony

Fingers crossed that they are talking usage rather than net cash outlay. Lots here buy plenty of electricity at cheap rates and balance that against FIT for a negative or zero net figure.

🌞4.55 kWp, azimuth 136°, slope 24°, 5kW, 🛢️10.9kWh, Roscommon

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭HotSwap

“low usage electricity account” means a domestic electricity account which is not a micro-generation account, identified by the distribution system operator as having less than 150 kilowatts of electricity consumed in each period of three months in the four consecutive periods of three months occurring in the period beginning on 1 July 2022 and ending on 30 June 2023

source:

https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/bills/bill/2023/71/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 SeanaciousD

Howdy. So I got solar installed in June this year. Was originally with Bord Gais, and switched to Energia when they lowered their rates last month (have a PHEV and going EV soon anyway).

Long story short Bord Gais never paid me for any FIT, they also didn't charge me the extra €50 early exit fee, so I don't know what they are up to.

The actual final bill is the bottom arrow, which does download. But the higher blue arrow (I guess the adjusted final bill which should have €50 exit fee and FIT applied) does not work. Given it has been a month now, I'm starting to get suspicious.....

I also can't download my HDF export data (also very suspicious to me...), but thankfully I already had it downloaded before.

Since I never had a bill with FIT applied I can just go from when they were installed in June, and so 915kwh exported at 18.5c per unit means they owe me €170.

The question is what do I do now? I did email them a couple of weeks ago to no response, so I guess I'll have to call. But if the person on the line has no clue what I'm talking about what do I do next? I was going to give them the benefit of the doubt, but after locking me out of downloading my export data I think they are taking the mick now.

"150 kilowatts of electricity "

Ah FFS seriously. It's a law/bill/whatever and they don't have the units correct.

Technically no household would qualify then (that don't have microgen).

Maybe if you charge the car / turn on the microwave / electric shower / kettle (actually buy a few more kettle off Amazon)…..

I got into reading legalisation during covid; a mistake like this is minor compared to some of the things I’ve seen in the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭alexf1

Anyone get SSE FIT credit for November yet? Just got my latest bill today and no sign of FIT. Same happened in May, didn't get credited til June, but just wondering if it's just me or everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

(EDIT need to look into it further) Seems revenue are going to chase the income declaration for FIT. Anyone else get notification of something similar on the PAYE system?

Post edited by ParkRunner on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,291 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I can't imagine too many people will go over the threshold tbh.

It's €400 per person so load up as many over 18s onto the bill as possible!

Quick example. 3000 exported units will generate €750 at the best current FIT (25c). So two people on the bill will suffice. Most people won't get near that export.

It's 400 for next year, for 2023(&2022?) it's still 200

I think there will be a one off tax bill of note for quite a few because FIT was backdated and paid in one lump sum by some providers

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Bakka

Heard nothing here. I'm not a PAYE worker though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Can you post a screenshot of what you received?

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭JayBee66

The bill covers the date leading up to its issue. You won't get November credit on your October bill. Hence you'll get credit on your June and December bills.

On a second reading I need to get more info from revenue as it’s not clear. Have edited the post above in the meantime

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭jlang

At the budget, I got the impression that the tax on amounts just over 200 wouldn't be sufficient to cover the investigation/paperwork to collect it - even if it was just the cost of sending out letters to all registered installations and handling the additional declarations that come back on otherwise straightforward PAYE type cases. And that they thus likely wouldn't be starting to chase the small amounts where people unexpectedly generated just over 200. (Just my take - Not a tax lawyer, etc.) There would be a few outliers with bigger installations for whom the change in threshold doesn't affect whether they should be declaring what was always a significant amount. Mixing in the thousands of recent small rooftop installations with tiny liabilities into that would not help the net tax take and may discourage some from installing (counterproductive with there being grant aid to do so).

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭n.d.os

I closed my SSE Airtricity account in September and moved to Energia. As everyone knows SSE only refund for microgen twice a year. Low and behold, a few months after closing my account, I log onto my old SSE account and nothing there about the money they owe me for microgen units. I half expected this but it should have been paid in November, account or no account.

Has anyone else dealt with this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭n.d.os

I'm just feed in from May-September 2023 from SSE. Should that not be paid in November?

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭JayBee66

SSE sends out bills and takes/gives payments on even numbered months. They calculate FIT periods in May and November (odd numbered months), ready for the next bill.

Post edited by JayBee66 on

I just received a cheque in the post from SSE with a CEG payment. I am still with SSE but during the summer I renewed my contract. I added my wife as a name on the bill which actually meant we became new account holders. So my CEG for May to August arrived in the post, I'm expecting CEG credits for September to November on my next bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭4goneConclusion

I also just received a cheque from SSE. I'm not longer with them as i moved to Waterpower so was a nice surprise.

Any ideas what this is all about? Credit of 26cent.

It's Irish for bill amendment benefit

Didn't they over charge some people?

Lol. That's sneaky and utterly ridiculous. Unless you've asked for bills as Gaeilge.

What is it? Are they paying me back for something? I’m expecting to see my bill on Monday with the 150 euro credit on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭yankinlk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Got a letter from SSE today confirming the FIT total credit amount from May through November; €706 for us. Along with the government grants, I would guess we will be covered by that until the end of Spring!

Advertisement