Advertisement
Where is Report Post on mobile? We've made a slight change, see here
Have your say on the future of the 'Save Draft' feature in this poll
MODs please see this information notice in the mod's forum. Thanks!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

F1 2020: Styrian GP (Austria, Part Zwei)

1235710

Comments



  • BikeRacer wrote: »
    Super laps by Hamilton, Sainz and Ocon.
    Hopefully Lewis will win tomorrow. Would like to see Ocon finish in the top three too.




  • I know its not relevant now cause of the wet conditions

    But in dry conditions why is it Q2 tyres are the ones used by the top 10 when they qualify? Why not Q3?

    It used to be tyres used in Q3 but they ended up with drivers that squeezed into Q3 bolting on a set of new tyres for an out lap and not bothering to set a time.




  • That was very exciting.

    So glad for Russell and Latifi didn’t do too bad either. Hopefully the hype around Russell might lead to some more sponsors for Williams.




  • What I find amazing is they were doing 1.18 in pretty terrible wet conditions. In the race last week they were doing around 1.10 at the start of the race with high fuel. Really shows just how much they don't push during a race when they can get almost as close to race pace in the wet as they can get to quali pace in the race.




  • Buttonftw wrote: »
    What I find amazing is they were doing 1.18 in pretty terrible wet conditions. In the race last week they were doing around 1.10 at the start of the race with high fuel. Really shows just how much they don't push during a race when they can get almost as close to race pace in the wet as they can get to quali pace in the race.

    Apples and oranges :p:pac:


  • Advertisement


  • Leclerc gets given a 3 place grid penalty!

    Russell is up to 11th. Would love to see the Williams score points but that’s wishful thinking.




  • Adamocovic wrote: »
    Leclerc gets given a 3 place grid penalty!

    Russell is up to 11th. Would love to see the Williams score points but that’s wishful thinking.

    If the race is as attritional as it was last week, Russell has a chance perhaps of snagging a point, we shall see!




  • Steward's ruling on Leclerc impeding Kvyat:

    7fmMAi2.png




  • Well that was an exciting qualifying season. Delighted to see both the Renaults and William's doing good. Some lap by Hamilton.




  • I'm no fan of Lewis but that final lap is unbelievable. To be that far ahead of everyone else on the grid is ridiculous

    So disappointed in Ferrari the last two weeks. They'll need Vettel and LeClerc performing miracles to get anywhere this year. I wonder what Sainz is thinking about his Ferrari contract now?


  • Advertisement


  • This is it wrote: »
    I'm no fan of Lewis but that final lap is unbelievable. To be that far ahead of everyone else on the grid is ridiculous

    Not quite Gilles Villeneuve @ Watkins Glen in 1979, but not too bad, not too bad at all.




  • Hopefully a few nicely timed safety cars today to spice it up otherwise I fear a Hamilton procession

    Mixed up grid should make the opening 10 laps spicy




  • Is there an updated weather forecast for the day.




  • Joeface wrote: »
    Is there an updated weather forecast for the day.

    It'll be fine. Around 20 degrees, partly cloudy, no rain.




  • Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Hopefully a few nicely timed safety cars today to spice it up otherwise I fear a Hamilton procession

    Mixed up grid should make the opening 10 laps spicy

    The W11 will probably romp all races its too far ahead, Max the only possible challenger. Unless over long run the Mercedes gearbox/engine starts acting up again.


    The midfield should be very good this year as Albon/the Ferrari's are right about level with the Racing Point and McLaren drivers. Outside of top 3 its mostly unpredictable who'll finish in the points.




  • Weather showing as sunshine and clouds but no rain

    THE STARTING GRID

    1. Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
    2. Max Verstappen (Red Bull)
    3. Carlos Sainz (McLaren)
    4. Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes)
    5. Esteban Ocon (Renault)
    6. Alex Albon (Red Bull)
    7. Pierre Gasly (Alpha Tauri)
    8. Daniel Ricciardo (Renault)
    9. Lando Norris (McLaren)
    10. Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari)
    11. George Russell (Williams)
    12. Lance Stroll (Racing Point)
    13. Daniil Kvyat (Alpha Tauri)
    14. Charles Leclerc (Ferrari)
    15. Kevin Magnussen (Haas)
    16. Kimi Raikkonen (Alfa Romeo)
    17. Sergio Perez (Racing Point)
    18. Nicholas Latifi (Williams)
    19. Antonio Giovinazzi (Alfa Romeo)
    20. Romain Grosjean (Haas)




  • I'm hoping for a Gasly podium. 225/1 I got him for! Didn't back Albon this week because Hamilton obviously knows this, as whenever I place a bet in him, he takes him out!




  • Weather showing as sunshine and clouds but no rain

    THE STARTING GRID

    1. Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes)
    2. Max Verstappen (Red Bull)
    3. Carlos Sainz (McLaren)
    4. Valtteri Bottas (Mercedes)
    5. Esteban Ocon (Renault)
    6. Alex Albon (Red Bull)
    7. Pierre Gasly (Alpha Tauri)
    8. Daniel Ricciardo (Renault)
    9. Lando Norris (McLaren)
    10. Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari)
    11. George Russell (Williams)
    12. Lance Stroll (Racing Point)
    13. Daniil Kvyat (Alpha Tauri)
    14. Charles Leclerc (Ferrari)
    15. Kevin Magnussen (Haas)
    16. Kimi Raikkonen (Alfa Romeo)
    17. Sergio Perez (Racing Point)
    18. Nicholas Latifi (Williams)
    19. Antonio Giovinazzi (Alfa Romeo)
    20. Romain Grosjean (Haas)

    Gio will start in 20th as he got a grid penalty for changing his gearbox.




  • pjohnson wrote: »
    The W11 will probably romp all races its too far ahead, Max the only possible challenger. Unless over long run the Mercedes gearbox/engine starts acting up again

    I think that was just Mercedes code for Bottas let Lewis win. Be interesting to see if there are any sensor or gearbox issues today.




  • F2 was riddled with technical issues, would assume F1 didn't update too much during the week.
    On the other side it's far cooler than last week.


  • Advertisement


  • Apparently Grosjean will go back to 20th (kinda) Haas kept working on his car after the deadline despite being under parc ferme conditions as he did actually go to the track during Q1. He will likely have to start from the pit lane.




  • Harika wrote: »
    F2 was riddled with technical issues, would assume F1 didn't update too much during the week.
    On the other side it's far cooler than last week.

    Flörsch was testing a new rear wing in F3 :pac:

    Ectgc5PWAAAvW7v?format=jpg&name=360x360




  • Mein hearing!




  • Great anthem! :)




  • Well that anthem was something alright. Something weird




  • I'm going for Max win today.




  • cruffty or whatever hes called virtue signaling to beat band there.stf up and let us watch de race in peace.




  • I'm going for Max win today.

    He's already won the formation start, anyway! Looks like he's up for it!




  • Ferrari.....

    It's Seb - Safety Car


  • Advertisement


  • Mamma Mia. Ferrari implosion continues


Advertisement