Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

F1 2020: Styrian GP (Austria, Part Zwei)

14567810»

Comments

• Top Dog wrote: »
    Can someone please explain why Hulk is being mentioned in the same sentence as Bottas and Perez?! Bottas is a multiple grand prix winner. Perez has shown that on his day he can take ther fight to most anyone. Hulk has ... the record for most amount of races without ever stepping on a podium? It's nearly on the same fantasy level as he who shall not be named (but featured in first practice the weekend just gone)

Bottas would have won nothing or come nowhere if he had the cars Hulkenberg had, I thought that would be so obvious that it didn't need to be said. Hulkenberg would probably have at least one WDC under his belt now if he'd been in the cars Bottas has been.

Hulkenberg and Perez were team-mates for 3 years. They were closely matched in that time, but Hulkenberg generally had the edge. Perez did come on top in points 2 out of those three years, but it has to be noted that across those two seasons Hulkenberg suffered no fewer than 9 DNFs while Sergio suffered just one, so there was a lot of luck involved. It's also worth pointing out that the year before they were teammates, Hulkenberg was in a Sauber and Perez was in a McLaren, yet Nico finished ahead of Sergio in the championship. The other McLaren scored 73 points while the other Sauber scored just 6, so there is absolutely no question which car was superior.

There's a reason why Renault chased after Hulkenberg when they needed someone to lead them. He was also very close to signing for Ferrari a few years earlier but things just never fell into place for him. So much of an F1 driver's success is down to being in the right place at the right time, and Hulkenberg just missed out on ever being in a car that could compete unfortunately.

• This is it wrote: »
    That's two weeks now we've seen this with Norris, surely he can't be the only one receiving instructions to this extent? Is it a case that the others just aren't shown?

FWIW I've no issue with it at all.

Same. Lando still had to put the car where it was supposed to be and do the actual driving. The 'coaching' is on all the lights and switches that drivers didn't have to worry about in Schumacher or Senna's time

• So many people just wont accept how good checho is. Button, Hulkenberg Ocon and Stroll all finished on less points than him when his teammates. He got a 3 and a half second pit stop yesterday messing up his race a fair bit. He is exciting and risky when given a chance and a nice guy.
    He has put the time in for years now and deserves a shot.

Que somebody saying his time at McLaren was his chance because they refuse to believe McLaren arnt in the same league as red bull Mercedes and Ferrari.

• Button, Hulkenberg Ocon and Stroll all finished on less points than him when his teammates

I didn't know about the rest, but I had a fair notion Button did better than Perez did at McLaren

Button had 73 to Sergio's 49, so a bit off. Can't say a couple lucky results did it for Button either cause it finished 12-7 to Button in terms of highest finisher

I'm not saying whether Perez is any good or not, but he didn't beat Jenson

• I didn't know about the rest, but I had a fair notion Button did better than Perez did at McLaren

Button had 73 to Sergio's 49, so a bit off. Can't say a couple lucky results did it for Button either cause it finished 12-7 to Button in terms of highest finisher

I'm not saying whether Perez is any good or not, but he didn't beat Jenson

Sorry he out qualified Jenson over the season but his wild ways gave him a few incidents during the season. He was young and foolish at the time. I dont know if it was the team or Jenson but he got the push and then went on if I remember correctly tly to outscore Jenson the following season. Did McClaren replace him with Magnussen?

• Advertisement

• I’m bias as I like Hulk but I do feel bad for him.

Has over 500 points in his F1 career and I truly believe he’s a good driver.

Shame he’s never made the podium.

• Sorry he out qualified Jenson over the season but his wild ways gave him a few incidents during the season. He was young and foolish at the time. I dont know if it was the team or Jenson but he got the push and then went on if I remember correctly tly to outscore Jenson the following season. Did McClaren replace him with Magnussen?

Yes they did indeed in 2014. Both were deemed to be the next big champion by McLaren and then deemed not by the end of there time with them.

• Adamocovic wrote: »
    I’m bias as I like Hulk but I do feel bad for him.

Has over 500 points in his F1 career and I truly believe he’s a good driver.

Shame he’s never made the podium.

As far as I remember they (big teams) believed Hulk was too tall to get his weight down, correct me I he is 5ft4, haha.

Advertisement