Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

There’s a learner driver running the show.

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

_Brian wrote: »
    Say the judge and Brian Hayes

Won't shed a tear for them either

There was a circuit court judge there as well. Tbh if Phil lost his job should the rest who are part of a representative bodies or public institutions be it the Seanad, Dail, judiciary not get the road as well, not just boards they are on but losing seats? Hayes as well the bollix. Not like bankers should think they are above it as well.... So

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Donegalforever

whelan2 wrote: »
    Too much time is being wasted on the Clifden event. There are far more serious things that could be being seen to other than this

I disagree.
    It is long past time that those who are supposed to represent the public are held to account and sacked where it is appropriate.
    Too many are getting away with feeble apologises, excuses and outright lies.

Mooooo wrote: »
    There was a circuit court judge there as well. Tbh if Phil lost his job should the rest who are part of a representative bodies or public institutions be it the Seanad, Dail, judiciary not get the road as well, not just boards they are on but losing seats? Hayes as well the bollix. Not like bankers should think they are above it as well.... So

I agree entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭minerleague

I think it would be easy to assume everything was in order at hotel if you were invited to an event and forget about regs in the moment, I'm not sure this is the worst thing people have done that requires widespread sackings and resignations

I think it would be easy to assume everything was in order at hotel if you were invited to an event and forget about regs in the moment, I'm not sure this is the worst thing people have done that requires widespread sackings and resignations

It is naive to think that he forgot about the regulations.....It is just not plausible.
    That was not the only thing that had to be taken into account.
    He ignored the rules that required him to quarantine for 14 days.
    Also he travelled over and back counties when he should not have.
    He was very slow in supplying full details......perhaps even at this stage he has not been as candid as he should be.
    He claimed that he was exempt from travel restrictions, when he wasn't.
    In his interview with RTE it look like he was trying to bluff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭minerleague

It is naive to think that he forgot about the regulations.....It is just not plausible.
    That was not the only thing that had to be taken into account.
    He ignored the rules that required him to quarantine for 14 days.
    Also he travelled over and back counties when he should not have.
    He was very slow in supplying full details......perhaps even at this stage he has not been as candid as he should be.
    He claimed that he was exempt from travel restrictions, when he wasn't.
    In his interview with RTE it look like he was trying to bluff.

Sorry my post wasn't relating to phil hogan ( he broke regulations several times even before clifden and only changed his story as he was caught out several times) but not everyone was that guilty surely? I'll bet most of us have broken the rules somewhere along the line at some stage. ( I've seen several biggish gatherings at funerals, lads distancing inside marts but all standing around chatting in carpark)

Sorry my post wasn't relating to phil hogan ( he broke regulations several times even before clifden and only changed his story as he was caught out several times) but not everyone was that guilty surely? I'll bet most of us have broken the rules somewhere along the line at some stage. ( I've seen several biggish gatherings at funerals, lads distancing inside marts but all standing around chatting in carpark)

I have seen such large gathering on tv.
    Everyone should abide by the rules.
    It makes it very difficult to get members of the public to stick strictly by the rules when Politicians, a Doctor, a Judge, and a Barrister ignores the same rules.

Advertisement