Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

There’s a learner driver running the show.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

endainoz wrote: »
    One is showing respect the other is licking hole, that's the difference.

There’s a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭endainoz

There’s a difference?

It was just spelt out for you in my previous post, look I think both of our minds are made up here so it matters very little at this point. The most loyal or FF supporters would find it hard to defend this government so far. FG playing the smart game because they know this coalition will not last. The also both know that the two party system is completely broken and that the voting public have gone more centre left in their ideals.

But getting back to the topic at hand, I'm really not sure where this will lead to for the next minister for ag. I also think Phil will stay, he's just too powerful and it's easy for him to fly off back to Brussels to wait for the heat to die down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

NcdJd wrote: »
    Reading this morning that both Varadkar and Martin have asked Hogan to consider his position. I find that a strange statement to make considering he no longer works for the state here. Would love to know the reason behind that.

Because they know e can ignore it.
    He is the one person that ca weather this storm because he don’t have to worry about the court of Irish Public Opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Leo Varadkar a disgrace in all this...........call out Hogan for what he is Leo or you’ll never be Taoiseach again.......

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭jaymla627

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Leo Varadkar a disgrace in all this...........call out Hogan for what he is Leo or you’ll never be Taoiseach again.......

Leo has his eyes set firmly on a cushy number like Phil has at the minute so wont be rocking the boat to much I reckon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Donegalforever

They are trying to set Phil Hogan up as a scapegoat. Protect our own jobs at any price.

I look like he has himself to blame for his predicament.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,283 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Verona Murphy on the local radio backing Phil Hogan to be kept on in the national interest. Citing her experience of the road hauliers and export with Britain that one of the key speakers for Ireland in the EU in the inner circle should not resign at this point anyway.

She definitely knows her own mind!

Speaking to a few there does seem to be a split in opinion.
    Those that own businesses with inter EU trade want him kept on.
    Those unemployed and in employment under others want him gone.

(Funny though in the early part of Brexit negotiations we had a stable government with no elections allowed to be called and everyone being real nice. Now that the later stages of Brexit are still to be agreed on. We've an election. The Greens are ripping each other apart. Same with fianna fail. Fine Gael is going that route and the government is about to fail...
    Is there British agents in this country pulling strings here or what? :p )

Is there British agents in this country pulling strings here or what? :p )

It's a competetive Mexican stand off at the moment, with both sides saying don't interrupt your enemy while they're making a mistake :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

New Ag minister to be appointed next week.
    https://twitter.com/IFAmedia/status/1298186529962156032?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭endainoz

• Advertisement

Most expensive golf game of all time.

I thought he would be able to brazen it out untill I heard about the extra trips to roscomon not in his report.

endainoz wrote: »

Not surprised. They haven't a notion how angry people are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭dzer2

It's a bit ****. Had 2 lads here playing county final last weekend. Neither their mum or myself could go see them win. The next lad was playing championship this evening only 1 of us could go. The eldest daughter is in 2 county finals over the next week and again only 1 of is can attend. Now because Dublin is turning into hotspot they are talking about closing the place down. Both herself and myself have been working through this and following all the rules. Really sick of this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,307 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Most expensive golf game of all time.

I thought he would be able to brazen it out untill I heard about the extra trips to roscomon not in his report.

I think when he was stopped by the guards too it added to the fire

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

whelan2 wrote: »

That drove me spare alright. I’d hazard a guess there was more to come out around non compliance with guidelines.

Some expensive round of golf for the lot of them alright

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭K9

Hogan was wrong to attend the dinner but I do think it was some witch hunt on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

What about the other boys and girls that attended the golf outing?

I read some interview from Noel Grealish and he apologised and that was that as far as he was concerned...

Should these guys get away with just an apology?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

I read some interview from Noel Grealish and he apologised and that was that as far as he was concerned...

Whatever about "lesser" mortals like you and me attending, the Captain of the Guard in Leinster House was in attendance and him in charge of implementing Covid precautions amongst all staff in Leinster House, as well as security and discipline.
    He has a case to answer.
    Likewise Judge Woulfe.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,533 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Personally each one holding public office should be stripped of it.

We need to send a message that we’re done with this kind of politicians who think they are above the rules.

There’s nobody that can’t be replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,307 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Too much time is being wasted on the Clifden event. There are far more serious things that could be being seen to other than this

• Advertisement

Too much time is being wasted on the Clifden event. There are far more serious things that could be being seen to other than this

Maybe if we drive home the message about how unacceptable that behavior from public representatives is, maybe it will be worth the pain. We should strive for better representation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭farawaygrass

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Whatever about "lesser" mortals like you and me attending, the Captain of the Guard in Leinster House was in attendance and him in charge of implementing Covid precautions amongst all staff in Leinster House, as well as security and discipline.
    He has a case to answer.
    Likewise Judge Woulfe.

I think it’s equally as bad if not more so that politicians from across the parties, both current and former were all partying away with judges. It’s not great for the image of the old boys club. I mean take any politician there, and If this whole thing didn’t blow up. It’s hard think they would turn the knife so to speak if need be on darragh callegry as minister for ag, when they both would have been part of the same social circles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Tileman

Completely disagree that hogan needed to resign. Punishment did not fit the crime. He attended a game of gold and dinner for **** sake.it wa up to the organisers and hotel to ensure it was compliant. He didn’t assault anyone.

He was good at his job and it was a strong position to look out for Ireland interest in coming months but we are happy to cut off our nose to spite our face.

Typical blood hunt by social media . Who is next ?

Tileman wrote: »
    Completely disagree that hogan needed to resign. Punishment did not fit the crime. He attended a game of gold and dinner for **** sake.it wa up to the organisers and hotel to ensure it was compliant. He didn’t assault anyone.

He was good at his job and it was a strong position to look out for Ireland interest in coming months but we are happy to cut off our nose to spite our face.

Say the judge and Brian Hayes

Won't shed a tear for them either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Tonynewholland

_Brian wrote: »
    Say the judge and Brian Hayes

Won't shed a tear for them either

How many would be left in Leinster House if all who broke a law are sacked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

Isn’t Brian Hayes out of politics now?

I thought he was working for the banking federation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Quite a bit to say the least of fake outrage re big philly.

How long alive are some??
    Its ireland we are living in .most could probably get away with murder here.

If that’s all he did he would have gotten away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,613 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

_Brian wrote: »
    Personally each one holding public office should be stripped of it.

We need to send a message that we’re done with this kind of politicians who think they are above the rules.

There’s nobody that can’t be replaced.

They won't want a bye election and as it's the people who put them in, only we can sack them at the election.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭dh1985

He pretty much travelled the whole of the country. Even prior to his negative covid test he was out wining and dining in the K club.
    For decades this country has bent over to politicians been above the law the whole way back to haughey and his living beyond hour means right up to a banking crisis where the ordinary Joe picks up the tab. The one instance of been called to order on their actions we are saying it is a harsh outcome. My god we are a funny race.

Advertisement