Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

There’s a learner driver running the show.

Options

Comments

kk.man wrote: »
    Why did this come out now? I'm not a FF supporter but what I have seen of Cowen as a politician I have to say he is not the worst.

Would SF have spun this to take the heat off...

Do you really think SF have many contacts in the Guards?

Look closer to home. A lot of very disgruntled FF members.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,300 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Do you really think SF have many contacts in the Guards?

Look closer to home. A lot of very disgruntled FF members.

Wasnt it Thomas Byrne ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,532 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

There are an awful lot of Irish people that seem not to be able to accept the results and outcome of the last election.

It’s sickening seeing them online saying how SF should be in government as they won the “popular vote”, it makes them look like Total idiots. Even the looney left didn’t want to go into government with them.

I know nothing about Cowan himself other than what I’ve read and politically he seems as capable as any.

Wish to god Irish people could get over this petty mud slinging and accept the result and let the government govern. They are being paid to govern but are instead spending time dealing with this petty stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

whelan2 wrote: »
    Wasnt it Thomas Byrne ?

Apparently not.
    https://twitter.com/MichealLehane/status/1282593292090331136?s=19

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

All Fine Gael could come up with was someone falling off a swing. Fianna Fáil will show them how it done.

• Advertisement

Gods Gift wrote: »
    All Fine Gael could come up with was someone falling off a swing. Fianna Fáil will show them how it done.

Bring the whole swing down and the playground with it?:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Dont worry .........

What a utter load of rubbish!

The last two Ministers for Health were Medical Doctors and look at the outstanding contribution they made.

The previous Minister for Education is a former Teacher and look at the botched job of the on, off, on again off again Leaving Cert Exams, he made!

Last time I checked Cycling was a recognised form of Transport.

I could mention a Accountant that was Minister for Finance just before it all went south.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Welding Rod

Well I started this thread, as to bd honest I thought Barry Cowan was a good appointment and likely to be a good minister. However when this shambles came to light, I figured it would stick to him, pig shyte to your clothes, and destroy his credibility in the long term.

Well two weeks on, he is still under pressure, with more and more tidbits coming out. Both he and Micheal Martin are in reverse gear, and explaining. When you’re explaining you are losing.

We have two lame ducks to be honest.

Well I started this thread, as to bd honest I thought Barry Cowan was a good appointment and likely to be a good minister. However when this shambles came to light, I figured it would stick to him, pig shyte to your clothes, and destroy his credibility in the long term.

Well two weeks on, he is still under pressure, with more and more tidbits coming out. Both he and Micheal Martin are in reverse gear, and explaining. When you’re explaining you are losing.

This will pass. The coalition is big enough that they can afford to take some flak.

If members of the Government start getting spooked over this, only a fortnight into the job, it's a sign of major weakness. They have to be seen to pass this test.

Unless there's something explosive, he won't go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

I dunno the few times I have heard Catherine Martin talk the more she seems to come across as someone who just wants to pull it down. Even when discussing her own ministry, something quite two faced about her. Maybe I'm wrong. Twill be the likes of her to attempt to pull it down over anything sooner rather than later I'd say

• Advertisement

There was a great 2 part series on Jack Charlton on the last night. I went Googling him afterwards to read up a bit more on his life. One interesting tidbit was the biggest mistake he thought he made was ignoring Eamon Dunphy, as in his own words he made him famous.

Cowan would be better served to pull off the band aid fast rather than give the opposition the opportunity to keep harping on about this. Stonewalling keeps the attention on him, what has the minister to hide? If there's more to the story he's done, as he was already on TV saying there wasn't anything else. If there isn't then he's free & clear.

Mooooo wrote: »
    I dunno the few times I have heard Catherine Martin talk the more she seems to come across as someone who just wants to pull it down. Even when discussing her own ministry, something quite two faced about her. Maybe I'm wrong. Twill be the likes of her to attempt to pull it down over anything sooner rather than later I'd say

She's involved in the leadership contest so has to convince the party faithful that she will stand up for their ideology.

I wouldn't pay too much heed of either candidates posturing until that contest is over, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

I see Cowen is gone...

So, who’s the new minister going to be now?

Lets hope it isn't Jimiriam O'Callaghan

I see Cowen is gone...

So, who’s the new minister going to be now?

Thomas Byrne ðŸ˜

Jez I thought that was harsh.

Guy was caught, prosecuted and took his punishment. Is this not just adding another punishment on top again ?

Mooooo wrote: »

She actively and vocally campaigned against this government. Then she was appointed chef negotiator by the village idiot. It doesn’t surprise me she has no interest in this working. She will be able to say she was right and strengthen her challenge for leadership.

_Brian wrote: »

Guy was caught, prosecuted and took his punishment. Is this not just adding another punishment on top again ?

They're setting very high standards for people these days.

They had better be able to live up to those standards themselves or face the same consequences, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Thread title should be changed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Welding Rod

_Brian wrote: »

There must be something more than has already been explained by BC!!
    M Martin is very badly damaged in the process!!!

• Advertisement

There was probably pressure from the other parties but he was driving on a learner license at 49 years of age and hasnt said why, he had been done for speeding a few months previously and should have sorted it out then

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭AmberAmber

Hes gone from the job. So who going to be the next minister for agriculture?

Some farce.

Wonder who's the next FFer in line for a pension, sorry, job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭endainoz

AmberAmber wrote: »
    Hes gone from the job. So who going to be the next minister for agriculture?

The greens will get it and watch half the posters here go into meltdown! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

So, whose going to get the Job. Calleary only for him to turn it down is my bet

But no need to worry about BC give it a few years and he'll be leader of the party

• Registered Users Posts: 6,801 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

They'll probably take the opportunity now to hand a ministry to someone from west of the Shannon for optics and kill that line of criticism, rather than actually appoint someone well suited to the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    They'll probably take the opportunity now to hand a ministry to someone from west of the Shannon for optics and kill that line of criticism, rather than actually appoint someone well suited to the job.

Was Cowan suited to it? :)

They're setting very high standards for people these days.

They had better be able to live up to those standards themselves or face the same consequences, I think.
    Who is “they” ?

Far as I can see this was being pushed by media, are they setting the standards now ?? Do they decide when a punishment is to be raked over and more damage dealt out.

Wait abkut Mick Wallace ?? Intentionally defrauded the state out of tens of thousands, defrauded employees out of pension payments ??

Catherine Martin was sticking the knife in too, that was total deflection from her own peado befriending minister for children.

Pete_Cavan wrote: »

Starve on bad land ye would :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭leoch

I bet they will say now he was the only man who would stand up to goodman and thats why they sacked him

Advertisement