Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 251 - Usman vs Masvidal Sat July 11th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Masvidal is already wrecked, can only go downhill from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

1-1 but Marty not looking great.

He's there to be hit!

Aldo by KO/TKO
    Jorge is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,025 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Aldo by KO/TKO
    3 options, non of which Aldo was able to do,
    So what should he do instead?
    Still waiting on your magical alternative.
    you have to be able to see where punches are coming from to block them.
    If you can see you can block better, maybe.
    But if you can’t, absorbing a strike on your forearm instead of your face is a big plus no matter what.

[quote{Repeating that the ref should have stopped it is exactly the the point. Should have been stopped a good 100 seconds before the point it was stopped. Like you said "It absolutely should have been stoped earlier." so what's the problem here???[/quote]
    I’m not talking about the Aldo stoppage specifically. It should have been stopped earlier. I’ve said that twice.

I’m talking about the idea that shelling up is defeat. That’s nonsense. Sometimes intelligent defence means 100% defense

Looks like it's only going one way.

• Advertisement

Aldo by KO/TKO
    Jorge is way up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Aldo by KO/TKO
    Basically the exact fight it was expected to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Yan by Sub
    Is this the first time someone will win a title fight by stomping on a foot and shoulder bumping?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Yan by Sub
    39-37 Usman. Absolute borefest. Landed about 100 foot stomps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Yan by Sub
    Game set and match now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Mellor wrote: »
    So what should he do instead?
    Still waiting on your magical alternative.

If you can see you can block better, maybe.
    But if you can’t, absorbing a strike on your forearm instead of your face is a big plus no matter what.
    {Repeating that the ref should have stopped it is exactly the the point. Should have been stopped a good 100 seconds before the point it was stopped. Like you said "It absolutely should have been stoped earlier." so what's the problem here???
    I’m not talking about the Aldo stoppage specifically. It should have been stopped earlier. I’ve said that twice.

I’m talking about the idea that shelling up is defeat. That’s nonsense. Sometimes intelligent defence means 100% defense

You'll be left waiting on the magical alternative you want me to supply. Don't remember saying there was one either!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Yan by Sub
    39-37 Usman. Absolute borefest. Landed about 100 foot stomps.

They should be outlawed, cheep "nut" shots imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭oyvey

In the context of how the fight is scored? Yes, absolutely irrelevant.

And in the context of a message forum where we give our thoughts on things? Even then, yes?

A fight that sums up why I don't follow UFC that much.

Aldo by KO/TKO
    You'll be left waiting on the magical alternative you want me to supply. Don't remember saying there was one either!
    So when I said sometimes that’s the best option?
    What are you disagreeing with? :confused:

Aldo by KO/TKO
    oyvey wrote: »
    And in the context of a message forum where we give our thoughts on things? Even then, yes?

When you're asking for rules that don't exist to be applied? Yes, absolutely. It's not a matter of opinion.

Yan by Sub
    Jesus, the main event is on and you two are waffling about some ****e the whole way through it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Yan by Sub
    Nigerian Nightnurse.
    Dominant champion but not someone I'd be dying to see fight again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Mellor wrote: »
    So when I said sometimes that’s the best option?
    What are you disagreeing with? :confused:

Go to bed!

Aldo by KO/TKO
    Whelo79 wrote: »
    Jesus, the main event is on and you two are waffling about some ****e the whole way through it!

The main event is over the best part of five minutes, was incredibly boring and was never in doubt.

It's nothing to do with you, so if you've no interest, feel free to stay the **** out of it

• Advertisement

Aldo by KO/TKO
    I'm lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Serious lack of charisma with nearly all champions atm not many are likeable at all.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Yan by Sub
    Go to bed!

A suggestion you and a few others on here would be wise to do at this point...time to end handbags and back and forth nonsense folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Queasy Tadpole

Aldo by Sub
    I love how salty everyone is, Masvidal had absolutely nothing for him.

Thank feck for that!

Yan by Sub
    Disappointed in Usman's performance. If that's all he can put up against a lad off 6 days notice. Got stuffed on 75% of his takedowns, done little damage on the takedowns he got, and his best strikes were 2 headbutts.

Aldo by KO/TKO
    Good card over all. Two of the three title fights were really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Usman. No charisma, horrible to watch.

Speaks volumes that both lads were fighting tonight but Jorge was the one selected to be on the cover of the video game.

Usman would struggle to sell hot cakes. Not even Marty's mother would say "Usman" if asked the question "Who's the fighter you like to watch most?"

Aldo by KO/TKO
    Go to bed!

Lad, I’m parked up in the pub. And just enjoyed a great card. Happy days.
    Make a point in future.

Yan by Sub
    The main event is over the best part of five minutes, was incredibly boring and was never in doubt.

It's nothing to do with you, so if you've no interest, feel free to stay the **** out of it

When you are filling a thread full of tripe about a fight that happened hours previously anyone has a right to pull you all on it. You usually talk nothing but guff so I shouldn't be surprised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Queasy Tadpole

Aldo by Sub
    MrStuffins wrote: »
    Usman. No charisma, horrible to watch.

Speaks volumes that both lads were fighting tonight but Jorge was the one selected to be on the cover of the video game.

Usman would struggle to sell hot cakes. Not even Marty's mother would say "Usman" if asked the question "Who's the fighter you like to watch most?"
    I hate this attitude. The sport is who is the best fighter, that's it. It's a sport, not WWF.

Usman is a beast and Masvidal couldn't stop him.

Advertisement