Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Sure they'll be reincarnated with a new name soon I imagine ?
    Lazarus is a good name :D

You'll be back as Mam of 6 and inform us you had twins :)

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

I'm sure they'll come back to us eventually, sad to see though :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

Nice pics smurfjed!The first one is my fav and fascinated as to what the pattern part is in the lower right.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

You'll be back as Mam of 6 and inform us you had twins :)

That's a better number than some I ended up with on The Purge threads :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,036 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@ I am nobody, the patten on the right appears to be the shadow of the next mountains due to the early morning sun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,376 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

thomil wrote: »
    Couchside, feeling damn chuffed. I did manage to bag quite a few shots of Comet C/2020 F3 Neowise after all, despite some clouds :P

I've attached a few of them so you can see stars without having to go to the pub :P :P

How long will it be visible for, and where in the sky should I look ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Feeling a little rough today after my first alcohol this year. Date wasn't interested, but it was good to get out of the house. Might give up on the online dating though as it takes a lot of time to read all those profiles and message something better than 'hi' only to have virtually no return on the time/effort invested. I can't believe there are people who have been on these sites for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Can't believe it's Saturday again, life slipping through my fingers

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

kowloon wrote: »
    Date wasn't interested, but it was good to get out of the house. Might give up on the online dating though as it takes a lot of time to read all those profiles and message something better than 'hi' only to have virtually no return on the time/effort invested. I can't believe there are people who have been on these sites for years.

Tell us more!!! at least you got a date anyway, I can't get feck all hahahaha.ha....ha

*depressed*

Anyway its time for sephers to head to the kitchen because its time for dinner :3.

Tell us more!!! at least you got a date anyway, I can't get feck all hahahaha.ha....ha

I messaged close around 230-235 people to get that far and it took almost a month, so statistically, I'm not much better off Seph.

She seems really nice, asked a lot of questions about me and my health more than anything else. Had a walk and a pint or two. It could be looks, personality, long term survival prospects or whatever, but not interested. Was going to eat my way out of the rejection blues today but the local Indian no longer does Indian. FML.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I messaged close around 230-235 people to get that far and it took almost a month, so statistically, I'm not much better off Seph.

She seems really nice, asked a lot of questions about me and my health more than anything else. Had a walk and a pint or two. It could be looks, personality, long term survival prospects or whatever, but not interested. Was going to eat my way out of the rejection blues today but the local Indian no longer does Indian. FML.

Did she actually say she wasn't interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

Drinking passionfruit rum and watching The Magdalene Sisters. Giving himself an education!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Phoenix32 wrote: »
    Drinking passionfruit rum and watching The Magdalene Sisters. Giving himself an education!

What kind of lessons are on Ms Phoenix schedule tonight?

Did she actually say she wasn't interested?

Didn't feel a romantic connection, texted it to me when I was on the bus home. It was actually really sweet how much effort she put into making it a soft blow. Which only makes me like her more. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Feeling a little rough today after my first alcohol this year. Date wasn't interested, but it was good to get out of the house. Might give up on the online dating though as it takes a lot of time to read all those profiles and message something better than 'hi' only to have virtually no return on the time/effort invested. I can't believe there are people who have been on these sites for years.

If the sparks not there, it's not there :(. It's nothing personal.

I've gone on dates with guys, who on paper were great matches, but go on a date and nada..... Absolutely nothing to do with the guy, wouldn't be able to give a reason why other than "no spark".

I think online dating has its uses, though I do think it peaked a few years ago.

Meeting through friends /hobby/work I still think is the best way.

Don't give up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Phoenix32 wrote: »

About to jump into the shower. Sr. Sardi dishing out the discipline tonight (if he plays his cards right ;) )

Feeling quite low...not total low, just weird. Probably need to take tablets but can a tablet really get me functioning again, applying for things going to things, making days feel like days rather than weeks passing me by in an instant. Will I ever watch a TV show and totally concentrate on it rather than looking at it and thinking wow they have a nice life or wow their life is bad that could be me soon. Sorry, always feel I'm too negative on this thread :pac:

If the sparks not there, it's not there :(. It's nothing personal.

I've gone on dates with guys, who on paper were great matches, but go on a date and nada..... Absolutely nothing to do with the guy, wouldn't be able to give a reason why other than "no spark".

I think online dating has its uses, though I do think it peaked a few years ago.

Meeting through friends /hobby/work I still think is the best way.

When you find the spark...wow. That's the ticket. Nothing else matters!

I put a lot of honesty into that last one and I can't see myself going straight back into it. But I am aware that my time is finite, that long weekend in hospital won't be the last one. Funny thing is I insisted on being brought to a different hospital because I thought I might run into her at her workplace :D.

In the kitchen , eating garlic and mozzarella flat bread , listening to the Bee Gees in Concert in Melbourne 1989, on Sky Arts if anyone wants a blast from the past :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

In the kitchen , eating garlic and mozzarella flat bread , listening to the Bee Gees in Concert in Melbourne 1989, on Sky Arts if anyone wants a blast from the past :)

You should be dancing, yeeeeah...

I'll get my coat.

Deja Boo wrote: »

I'll get my coat.

Am lol here , that's literally just after playing! !

Deja Boo wrote: »

Boo boo banned for that ear worm :P .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I put a lot of honesty into that last one and I can't see myself going straight back into it. But I am aware that my time is finite, that long weekend in hospital won't be the last one. Funny thing is I insisted on being brought to a different hospital because I thought I might run into her at her workplace :D.

Honesty is great, but could you have been "too honest"?

Health issues are a very heavy topic for a first date.... From your post it would appear she works in healthcare so it may have come up organically, which is cool, but still very heavy :)

I kissed an awful lot of frogs before himself wandered into the pub, or should I say I wandered into his pub.

I was out with friends getting over a really bad break up..... Like shockingly bad (I actually still get knots in my stomach when I think of it... Not cos of the relationship, but he listed all the things that were wrong with me, it wasn't a short list, in a "I'm doing you a favour, these are things you can work on" kinda way (there's alot to be said for the line "it's not you it's me :)) .

Wasn't looking for anything, my confidence was down the toilet, himself started chatting... I was like you seem really nice but no... He happened to be a friend of my friend a few weeks later, bumped into each other again.....

So don't give up, it really does happen when not expecting it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,358 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Sardonicat wrote: »
    About to jump into the shower. Sr. Sardi dishing out the discipline tonight (if he plays his cards right ;) )

Good to hear, you do seem like you need some manners put on you! ;)

What a lovely day, hopefully we get a few weeks of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Am lol here , that's literally just after playing! !

You on the lyrics again. :eek:

Whether you're a brother or whether you're a mother ( of 64)
    You're stayin' alive, stayin' alive

• Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Boo boo banned for that ear worm :P .

Jive talkin! :p

Feet up

Finished for evening :/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,376 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Watching Free Solo on NG.
    The scariest film I've ever watched. Some of the shots are terrifying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭thomil

Homeside, packing my camera bag for another night of comet hunting...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement