Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I like boring ice cream, a bit of raspberry ripple or neopolitan, none of that fancy Haagen Daz for me, that's for people with notions! :cool:
    Very 70s!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,514 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Very 70s!

A bit of Angel Delight or Artic Roll if you're feeling fancy.

Wash it down with Blue Nun or Black Tower if you want to impress the distant relatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,333 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I like boring ice cream, a bit of raspberry ripple or neopolitan, none of that fancy Haagen Daz for me, that's for people with notions! :cool:

It's all about the Ben & Jerry's now, with their mad flavours like Congealed Gravy and Wasps.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Old school.

kowloon wrote: »
    It's all about the Ben & Jerry's now, with their mad flavours like Congealed Gravy and Wasps.
    In fairness, thats what most ice cream in blocks tasted like in the 70s. We knew no betterl

• Advertisement

Ewww. You are all so old.

:pac:

In fairness, thats what most ice cream in blocks tasted like in the 70s. We knew no betterl

We did! We had banned additives and colouring, you couldn't have a birthday party, communion or confirmation without leaving like a space cadet on crack.

What a time to be alive!

Ewww. You are all so old.

:pac:
    Yeah well, some of us still have all our teeth.

Suck on that one, Perse, we'll be kind and won't ask you to chew!

:p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Thinking of getting to bed in the next few mins, which is pretty early for me these days. But to be honest, I’m feeling quite low and melancholy this evening. :(

Nothing is actually wrong - I have my health, my sobriety, my job, my loving partner, my hobbies and I’m back swimming, but perhaps it’s because the last two months I was very upbeat, positive, productive and energetic that I was bound to “crash” at some point...

I crashed in the last few weeks, Jupiter, the last 2 dry, bright days have lifted my mood. Out in the sunshine with ya and get moving! It will pass.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Jack Imhoff

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Thinking of getting to bed in the next few mins, which is pretty early for me these days. But to be honest, I’m feeling quite low and melancholy this evening. :(

Nothing is actually wrong - I have my health, my sobriety, my job, my loving partner, my hobbies and I’m back swimming, but perhaps it’s because the last two months I was very upbeat, positive, productive and energetic that I was bound to “crash” at some point...

I think a lot of us are feeling that way recently...it's been an emotional few months to put it mildly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

hello all,

just a quick hello while I'm passing through

Hope you're all behaving yourselves ;)

Bedside, this week has been a total write off, only managed one of my meetings :( Hopefully next week will be better

hello all,

just a quick hello while I'm passing through

Hope you're all behaving yourselves ;)

Bedside, this week has been a total write off, only managed one of my meetings :( Hopefully next week will be better

Don't sweat it, you have a project to work on and you'll get there.

We did! We had banned additives and colouring, you couldn't have a birthday party, communion or confirmation without leaving like a space cadet on crack.

What a time to be alive!

Ah yes, the memories! Whenever I hear someone spout the 'sugar is the devil' nonsense i remind them I'm from the generation who's entire childhood diet consisted of nothng but sugar and salt and methamphetamine enchanced sweeties. Between what were fed and the total lack of adult supervision during daylight hours outside of school its a miracle any 70s kids are still around.

'I'm going out now, Mum'
    'OK, run to the shop and get me my fags and buy yourself some sweets with the change, 6 year old daughter'
    'Can I get that luminous orange powder that fizzes when you pour it onto your tongue, turns your pee blue and makes you see two of everything for three hours after?'
    'I dont care what you get, just hurry up and get my fags - and don't take all day crossing that main road!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

Glass of Bushmills and listening to the online Pikeville PD scanner,one of my old haunts in America.I'm strange like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,333 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Glass of Bushmills and listening to the online Pikeville PD scanner,one of my old haunts in America.I'm strange like that.

I like Black Bush, and I don't even mean that in the way most of you will take it.

Ah yes, the memories! Whenever I hear someone spout the 'sugar is the devil' nonsense i remind them I'm from the generation who's entire childhood diet consisted of nothng but sugar and salt and methamphetamine enchanced sweeties. Between what were fed and the total lack of adult supervision during daylight hours outside of school its a miracle any 70s kids are still around.

'I'm going out now, Mum'
    'OK, run to the shop and get me my fags and buy yourself some sweets with the change, 6 year old daughter'
    'Can I get that luminous orange powder that fizzes when you pour it onto your tongue, turns your pee blue and makes you see two of everything for three hours after?'
    'I dont care what you get, just hurry up and get my fags - and don't take all day crossing that main road!'
    When you did eventually come home, later after the fag run, you got the side eye and a "You must be hungry" before you were given a jam sandwich.

I like Black Bush, and I don't even mean that in the way most of you will take it.

Do you mean 'blondes'? :p

Ohh, la dee dah! (see my previous post about edible luminous orange powder)

We're really on that 70s vibe, tonight, aren't we?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭thomil

Couchside, feeling damn chuffed. I did manage to bag quite a few shots of Comet C/2020 F3 Neowise after all, despite some clouds :P

I've attached a few of them so you can see stars without having to go to the pub :P :P

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,057 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@thomil.... cool photos :):):)

Just got the results for my 17th COVID test, negative again, but this is one competition that i dont wanna win :):)

Nespresso, walking, gym and pool time, cya :)

My direct boss flew back to base yesterday, he is 30 days away from retirement after 42 years with this company. I wonder how many people joining companies today will be able to look back and say the same thing :)

40 degrees Celsius. . Who needs a sauna :)

Suck on that one, Perse, we'll be kind and won't ask you to chew!

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

:D:D

Don't mind them Perse, there's nothing wrong with eating yer lunch through a straw!
    Plus look at all the dosh you're gonna save on toothpaste! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

smurfjed wrote: »
    40 degrees Celsius. . Who needs a sauna :)

I do!!!! I do!!

What do you think ?

520187.jpeg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭thomil

Now that’s what I call commuting in style! Your new ride, smurfjed?

Deskside, tired as hell after staying up late yesterday. Can someone fast forward to 6PM?

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement