Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I'm about to start this, it's the fourth book in the series:

Brilliant author :)

Carside. Not able.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,755 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Another exciting day chez leg. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with a cupan tae and 2 creamy lindt chocolate squares that I might share with someone ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Couchside, feeling pensive and reflective.

I have some rather big decisions to make over the coming few weeks about a few things and need time to think them over, not rush into anything.

Off swimming shortly.

• Advertisement

Deskside with a cupan tae and 2 creamy lindt chocolate squares that I might share with someone ;)

*Slides plate and cup* :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Having a little lie down after work... someone please slide me some food :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

*Looks at both squares*

*slides one square of creamy lindt chocolate to leggings and one to poochie * ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Just back from several hours in a&e with Dad. Acute lower abdominal pain. GP reckoned he had a hernia brewing back in January and referred him for a scan which of course was postponed due to covid. It had been causing him intermittent pain which we had been managing. Today he was in a bad way, at times finding it difficult to weight bare. I couldn't get through to the GP so wrang for am ambalance. For context, he had a misdiagnosed hernia which turned into a bowel obstruction and emergency surgery in 2017. Ambulance dispispatcher called me back, as she was concerned about his symptoms and nearest ambulance was out the Dingle peninsula as we live just a few mins from hospital advised it would be safer to get him there myself. Wrang sis to take us and and as soon as he got there (massive tantrum ensued when he realised he was going to hospital ) he announced 'the pain is gone now ' Anyway, bloods and several hours wait to be examined and told he has a hernia (D'oh)..Not an emergency this time and at least the ball is finally rolling to get it sorted.. He's home, parked in his chair now waiing for his tae. I'm going to have a coffee and decompress now before seeing to my beloved furry ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,887 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Lying down having cuddles with eldest munchkin before she goes home , big day tomorrow starting school :)

• Advertisement

*Looks at both squares*

*slides one square of creamy lindt chocolate to leggings and one to poochie * ;-)

Aawww you only had two pieces and you gave them both away. Hope Poochie and legend know how lucky they are! :D

Me? I just ate two thirds of a bar of milka confetti! Gave himself the last third. I'm so greedy I wouldn't even split it 50/50. I just needed chocolate today and plenty of it. Feeling better already!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Just back from several hours in a&e with Dad. Acute lower abdominal pain. GP reckoned he had a hernia brewing back in January and referred him for a scan which of course was postponed due to covid. It had been causing him intermittent pain which we had been managing. Today he was in a bad way, at times finding it difficult to weight bare. I couldn't get through to the GP so wrang for am ambalance. For context, he had a misdiagnosed hernia which turned into a bowel obstruction and emergency surgery in 2017. Ambulance dispispatcher called me back, as she was concerned about his symptoms and nearest ambulance was out the Dingle peninsula as we live just a few mins from hospital advised it would be safer to get him there myself. Wrang sis to take us and and as soon as he got there (massive tantrum ensued when he realised he was going to hospital ) he announced 'the pain is gone now ' Anyway, bloods and several hours wait to be examined and told he has a hernia (D'oh)..Not an emergency this time and at least the ball is finally rolling to get it sorted.. He's home, parked in his chair now waiing for his tae. I'm going to have a coffee and decompress now before seeing to my beloved furry ones.

I have nothing but admiration for you.

I know for a fact I couldn't do what you do.

Get yourself an early night. Xxx

Ah Sardi you must be absolutely wrecked after all that. I'm glad it was nothing too serious anyway and that things are in motion now to get it sorted. My gran is like that.. she'd be doubled over in agony, telling us she was dying, looking for the priest to read her the last rites. The call out doctor would arrive and she'd be sitting up asking for a sandwich denying she ever felt bad. :D Enjoy your well deserved coffee now. If only Seph had kept you one of his chocolate pieces!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Poochie05

*Looks at both squares*

Thank you kindly!
    That has given me the strength to get up and collect my groceries.

I’ll be sliding a plate back your way soon :pac:

Aawww you only had two pieces and you gave them both away. Hope Poochie and legend know how lucky they are! :D

Me? I just ate two thirds of a bar of milka confetti! Gave himself the last third. I'm so greedy I wouldn't even split it 50/50. I just needed chocolate today and plenty of it. Feeling better already!
    Poochie05 wrote: »
    Thank you kindly!
    That has given me the strength to get up and collect my groceries.

I’ll be sliding a plate back your way soon :pac:

giphy.gif

Thanks Princess and Buile. I'm wrecked, TBH. Massive adrenaline dump when he was in so much pain earlier and then trying to cope with the tantrums and lashing out verbally. So now I'm empty, just like me kitties tummies which I must go and fill and empty their litter trays.

Thanks Princess and Buile. I'm wrecked, TBH. Massive adrenaline dump when he was in so much pain earlier and then trying to cope with the tantrums and lashing out verbally. So now I'm empty,

Hugs for you sardi

tenor.gif

*Looks at both squares*

Ahem.

Finished with Cork men now,might chance Tipp for a change,cant be any worse.

Sardi, try to get some rest later,you need it, I'll slide some chocolate and wine over to you later.

Just back from several hours in a&e with Dad... I'm going to have a coffee and decompress now before seeing to my beloved furry ones.

So sorry to read that S-Cat. Witnessing our loved ones pain can be more draining that dealing with our own. You're totally right to take things into your own hands and insist on being heard. I was (kind-of but not same ever) there once, and I always knew that I advocated on my beloved's behalf way harder than I ever would have done for myself. I'm sure you're the same, and your father is very lucky to have you.

C.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Sardi, you're amazing

Am soggy grem, bodes well for the night :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Am soggy grem

Hope you're not in clifden.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hope you're not in clifden.

Nope but used live there and cannot believe my eyes, I'm currently considering the land clearing done in the forested areas as a contributing factor, frightening event.

The ferocity of the flood that ripped up someone's driveway! Thank god no one was hurt or worse.

I hope your dad gets sorted soon, Sardi. Take care off yourself too.

Seph, you old charmer! :pac:

Ahem.

Finished with Cork men now,might chance Tipp for a change,cant be any worse.

You don't mean that.......

ColorfulRewardingIndigobunting-small.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

That sounds so very very stressful, Sardi. Being a career to an elderly parent must be incredibly demanding and draining. I have a good friend in a similar position except that it is his mother who he is carer of. He gets very little support from his siblings who seem happy to leave it all to him.

Carers need a break too and there really should be a resource for them to access for support, counseling and de-stressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Sardi I have nothing but admiration for you, remember to look after you too ((Hugs))

I’m now couchside watching love after lockup :D

Drying out in work :pac:

Guys, you are lovely people. Your kind words mean so much to me. Today, when I was hopelessly trying to get through to the GP I felt so alone and overwhelmed but your support means the world to me. Of course, sister criticised everthing i did - shouldn't have called an ambulance, shouldn't have agreed to bring him myself instead of waiting for the ambulance (I expect this was because she had to inconvenience herself to drive us) should not have accepted such a long wait ( yes, she's the kind of person who abuses a&e staff cos she has to wait for tests to come back and staff to free up) complained that she'd just sat down to eat when I called her to collect the us. On the plus side, me and the surgical on call got on swimmingly. We may even have been engaging in some gentle flirting over our masks . How bad,eh? We're both having stressful days, at least we gave each other a little lift.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,887 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Hugs to you Sardonicat.

Home, darkness creeping in earlier each evening, so easy to forget it's September as the rest of the year was such a clusterfcuk.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement