Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,254 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

You mean to tell me Seph, Ted and Dave are all in cork together :eek:

Start saying the rosary now ladies :D No one is safe :D

Kitchenside

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Congratulations Seph on becoming the uncle to twin boys. Such a pity they are so far away and no prospect of travel in the near future.

I would suggest a piggy bank for all your change to build up a travel fund but it's months since I saw a coin.

Congratulations Uncle Seph. Twin boys. Sure that's lovely :)

I am carside. I could go in to work right now but that means extra parking time. Although it's a red zone so I'll be thankful for small mercies :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,867 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

It's such a wild , wet , windy day here , and cold !
    More like Nov/Dec than August. Will be lighting the fire soon .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

Going to watch Peep show from the start again tonight. That will help revitalise me. Laughter is the best medicine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Onshuh wrote: »
    Going to watch Peep show from the start again tonight. That will help revitalise me. Laughter is the best medicine.

I have a vague sense of a bad thing having happened but I can't remember what it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

kowloon wrote:
    I have a vague sense of a bad thing having happened but I can't remember what it was.

Was that the bad thing?....no not that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Onshuh wrote: »

My Dad was very sick in hospital a couple of years ago, and I had to travel to the other side of the country to be with him (and away from my own family) for a number of weeks. Binge watching Peep Show from start to finish got me through it. I don't think that show can be watched too many times (In The Thick Of It and I'm Alan Partridge are another two).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Sitting in Ceannt Station in Galway city, waiting to be let on the train back to Dublin.

Atrocious weather here in Galway - even by Galway standards. Lashing rain and very very windy last night.

My cousin had a lovely, gracious funeral and burial. My cousin - her sister - gave a superb eulogy to Claire at the end of the service. My uncle and aunt were quite composed but everyone got tearful as the coffin was taken out of the church. I read the prayer of the faithful and was one of the six men that carried Claire's coffin into the church.

Tired as I didn't sleep all that well in the hotel - there were youngsters down for party times and noise until 3am. But I suppose I'm just getting old.... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,386 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Sitting in Ceannt Station in Galway city, waiting to be let on the train back to Dublin.

Atrocious weather here in Galway - even by Galway standards. Lashing rain and very very windy last night.

I have some bad news about the conditions in Dublin...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Weather is ok here in Cork, so it will get to you soon.

Getting some dinner in a pub & I am being classed as a big scary man to get a 4 year old to behave on a neighbouring table.

Hey there baby baby , you are my voodoo child .
    Intentional earworm there for ye , not a bit sorry !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Hotelside, in Clonakilty. Stressful drive down, bottom of the Batmobile (bottom engine cover) half fell off outside portlaois, a fellah there “fixed” it for it to come loose again outside Cork city. I pushed on anyway. There’s a garage down here going to take it off in the am. Good riddens to the poxy thing! :D

Congrats Sephers!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Weather is ok here in Cork, so it will get to you soon.

Getting some dinner in a pub & I am being classed as a big scary man to get a 4 year old to behave on a neighbouring table.

My partner was once described as 'the scary man with no purpose' on a trip advisor review. That was the one positive he took from that job.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Hotelside, in Clonakilty. Stressful drive down, bottom of the Batmobile (bottom engine cover) half fell off outside portlaois, a fellah there “fixed” it for it to come loose again outside Cork city. I pushed on anyway. There’s a garage down here going to take it off in the am. Good riddens to the poxy thing! :D

Congrats Sephers!!!

If you can't m it back home Seph will kindly provide you with free bed and board for as long as you shall need it.

As to MO4, I've no idea what the tune is so na na na na na it won't stick in my head.

To thine own self be true

Hotelside, in Clonakilty. Stressful drive down, bottom of the Batmobile (bottom engine cover) half fell off outside portlaois, a fellah there “fixed†it for it to come loose again outside Cork city. I pushed on anyway. There’s a garage down here going to take it off in the am. Good riddens to the poxy thing!

Portlaoise man was the Robbin' to your Batman.

I'll just leave, won't bother collecting my coat.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,108 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Autosport wrote: »

Start saying the rosary now ladies :D No one is safe :D

Kitchenside

This was me and brother tedo in cork city last night ;)

tenor.gif

Were down to dave tomorrow :pac:

Deskside

• Registered Users Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

tenor.gif

Deskside
    That's much more Village People than Lizzy. Is there something you need to tell us?

This was me and brother tedo in cork city last night

Can't do anything & it gets on social media these days.

Can't do anything & it gets on social media these days.

Reported to Dept of Health for breach of social distancing.

• Advertisement

Seph , that looks like the Tiger King and (one) of his husbands :D

tenor.gif

Deskside

I suddenly feel like taking a trip down to clonakilty.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Cark shenanigans afoot?

Galway is next month

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Galway is next month

Pints!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Is it safe to ask for Guinness here folks? :D

By the looks of the craic Ted and Seph had last night I shoulda gone to the City!

By the looks of the craic Ted and Seph had last night I shoulda gone to the City!

If you think one of us is nuts enough on thread, imagine two of us in one place.

Now you know the reason he sent his bonbons to the 4 corners of the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Sitting on my bed, I enjoyed bingo earlier, I won a scented candle :D

Hope everyone is well

Well done Cat Lady

Deskside wondering about the lotto and a sabbatical

• Advertisement

Sitting on my bed, I enjoyed bingo earlier, I won a scented candle :D

Hope everyone is well

What a the scent?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement