Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Bedside, exhausted. My last 9 hour shift tomorrow before 4 days off. Hoping I can make it through in one piece :pac:

Sorry for your loss Jupiter x

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Last half of the shift will fly, you'll be ok ;)

Last half of the shift will fly, you'll be ok ;)

The last half is always the busiest part :( although in fairness that is kinda good because you don’t notice the time going

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Exactly, the initial boredom or slack in the early part will be gone ;) Plus you've survived the weekend, well done

• Registered Users Posts: 13,068 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Bedside, exhausted. My last 9 hour shift tomorrow before 4 days off. Hoping I can make it through in one piece :pac:

Sorry for your loss Jupiter x

I hope your mum is doing well Kitty.
    Fair play to you working so hard. I did shift work in my 20s. I don't think I'd be able anymore.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

Exactly, the initial boredom or slack in the early part will be gone ;) Plus you've survived the weekend, well done

Wouldn’t mind it it stayed a bit quieter tomorrow but I don’t wanna jinx myself either
    I hope your mum is doing well Kitty.
    Fair play to you working so hard. I did shift work in my 20s. I don't think I'd be able anymore.

She’s doing okay, managing about the house a bit more which is good, and she’s ventured out with me to get the shopping (albeit staying in the car while I go into the shops) a few days which is nice :)

It’s tough work, especially being on my feet for all of that, but what can you do I suppose only get on with it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,068 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Wouldn’t mind it it stayed a bit quieter tomorrow but I don’t wanna jinx myself either

She’s doing okay, managing about the house a bit more which is good, and she’s ventured out with me to get the shopping (albeit staying in the car while I go into the shops) a few days which is nice :)

It’s tough work, especially being on my feet for all of that, but what can you do I suppose only get on with it

Are you returning studying or finished now?
    Fair play to you, you sound like a grafter.

To thine own self be true

Kitty she's doing great getting out of the house, fair play to the two of ye, nothin stops ye ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,225 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Sorry for your loss JK

Time to burn rubber, taking ages to recover from the knocks I took last week, am bruised and limping more than usual.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Time to burn rubber, taking ages to recover from the knocks I took last week, am bruised and limping more than usual.

What happened ya gremlin 😮?

Bedside with a cupan Tae and toast, restless night, tossing and turning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Bedside, but have to drag myself up and head workside. Only for today though. Am off till the 31st then.

Sorry for your loss Jupiter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Sorry for your loss Jubiter.

What happened ya gremlin 😮?

Bedside with a cupan Tae and toast, restless night, tossing and turning.

Grammy had a big fall, it's ok but not sleeping because of the extra pain involved

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :) a slight drizzle this morning but that won’t dampen my spirits :D still on holiday mode :)

Happy Monday!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Autosport wrote:
    Morning all a slight drizzle this morning but that won’t dampen my spirits still on holiday mode

I'm in holiday mode too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

I'm in work. *wails really dramatically*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Couchside with Nespresso, day 1 of my week off. Walk done, got the hair cut. A few other missions today and off down to the Rebel County for a couple of days tomorrow, it’s a solo run as my buddy who was supposed to come somehow managed to make other plans for the same time... The mind boggles sometimes :pac:

Need sleep to happen soon.. I'd love to experience that out when your head hits the pillow buzz I've heard some people get

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Working. At work. Yawn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

Seph, you'll get a kick out of this. For all ye Lyons tea drinkers :p

https://www.thejournal.ie/readme/where-is-lyons-tea-from-thomas-harding-5182235-Aug2020/

Lyons isn't even Irish!

And in other news, my bum is sore today :p

Phoenix32 wrote: »
    Seph, you'll get a kick out of this. For all ye Lyons tea drinkers :p

https://www.thejournal.ie/readme/where-is-lyons-tea-from-thomas-harding-5182235-Aug2020/

Lyons isn't even Irish!

And in other news, my bum is sore today :p

Scandal!!!!

Great article.

I demand to leave work now!!

That didn't work.

Workus maximus fukoffus!

That didn't work either. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

Onshuh wrote: »
    That didn't work either. :(

I'll kidnap you and send work a ransom note!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Migraine and the painkillers didn't work. On the plus side, two discreetly packaged parcels were delivered a few minutes ago ;), so will have something to distract me from the pain. Also, John Lennon playing on the station I'm streaming. On balance, things are good at the moment.

On the couch with coffee. Have I ever mentioned to you poor souls that I never work Mondays?

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

On the couch with coffee. Have I ever mentioned to you poor souls that I never work Mondays?

:pac:
    How's the paw?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement