Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

Guess Who. I had an absolute Bastid of a time trying to log into my old account.

The witch!

Guess Who.
    I had an absolute Bastid of a time trying to log into my old account.

I’ll never catch up with this thread! How many million posts is it now?

Give us a clue! :D

Witchie! ?

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭3d4life

Who would you prefer to lead the country through these days

(a) A career politician
    or
    (b) A qualified doctor

Guess Who.
    I had an absolute Bastid of a time trying to log into my old account.

I’ll never catch up with this thread! How many million posts is it now?

*** checks IP address

How is she cutting ?

:)

What's the point of telling people to avoid public transport or large gatherings but jam thirty students into a small classroom and expect teachers to interact with thirty different students each class? No sense in that whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Onshuh wrote: »
    What's the point of telling people to avoid public transport or large gatherings but jam thirty students into a small classroom and expect teachers to interact with thirty different students each class? No sense in that whatsoever.

We're truly fuked, aren't we? This is actually Armageddon. What a disappointing anti-climax. I didn't expect to go out whinging about politicians. This is not what I thought the end-days would look like at all. I'd better make the old fella's tay.

Sardonicat wrote:
    We're truly fuked, aren't we? This is actually Armageddon. What a disappointing anti-climax. I didn't expect to go out whinging about politicians. This is not what I thought the end-days would look like at all. I'd better make the old fella's tay.

I seen a funny meme when this all started and lockdown happened where it was, how I imagined end of days and it showed some image from a movie with people hunched down guns in hand ready for action and then the reality pic was father stone in father ted sitting on the couch :pac:

Sardonicat wrote: »

Holy God. I think you need a drop of the tae yourself Sardicat :p

• Registered Users Posts: 47 MzMurfy

God it seems never ending doesn't it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

**** it, I'm going out to roll around in the covid.

• Advertisement

kowloon wrote: »
    **** it, I'm going out to roll around in the covid.

Do it. It's the yellow coloured covid you should aim for. If it was just me I had to worry about, I'd join you. Gonna make hot choccy instead. Form an orderly queue with clean mugs. Marshmallows incurr a fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Midsomer Murders on the tv :) munching on a bag of minstrels :) It’s the little things

Do it. It's the yellow coloured covid you should aim for. If it was just me I had to worry about, I'd join you. Gonna make hot choccy instead. Form an orderly queue with clean mugs. Marshmallows incurr a fee.

Look at me Sardi, I've made a Covid angel!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Throw a spoon of coffee into that and you've got yourself a Mocha Sardonicat , might take away the longing for a cappuccino !

Pink ones for me please!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Had a trip to the dentist and dermatologist today. Last week was the gp and Urologist. Am keep the medical profession goingon my own.
    Glad of the drama to be honest, life is deadly boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

This is you Trigger :D

Had a trip to the dentist and dermatologist today. Last week was the gp and Urologist. Am keep the medical profession goingon my own.

Did your urologist wear gloves? I had an experience with one before that did not involve gloves or warnings. I've tried to block it from memory.

Pink ones for me please!! :D

Cost extra. But seeing as it's you, help yourself.

Did your urologist wear gloves? I had an experience with one before that did not involve gloves or warnings. I've tried to block it from memory.

What!? Really?

• Advertisement

Cherish the thought....

You're welcome again. Goodnight

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I miss Galway. I haven't been since December. We are going to Kerry for a few nights but a little trip to lovely Galway might be an idea beforehand.

How is Shop Sreet looking since Covid appeared Grem?

It's scattered, lacks the usual craic but a lot of places are trying and it's still a great stroll from the square to the arch

What!? Really?

Yeah, the not wearing gloves was the bit I've always wondered about.

On top of all the covid carry on we now have storm Ellen to look forward to tomorrow night, it's starting to get unbearable now imo, I can't see the schools opening/ staying open, it's going to be havoc. My gang are back training and playing matches but we can't go to the matches as it's not safe to view them, seems a bit ridiculous if social distancing was applied, on the other hand is it even safe for them to be mixing on the pitch and at training? I think mental health is about to take a hammering from now on, it's dragging on,evenings are getting shorter and it's just all seems to be hitting hard imo.

Anyway I'm couchside having a tiny night cap as early start tomorrow, got my steps done yesterday and today so hopefully back on track, trying to feel positive but I've a bad feeling and I'm worried about my parents as I'd say they will have to cocoon again, fingers crossed we'll see some improvement soon.

Belated birthday wishes Poochie,any cake left?🎂

• Registered Users Posts: 16,358 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'll catch up tomorrow, in foul humour between the weather and the news.

Fcuk this year and damn it to hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

On top of all the covid carry on we now have storm Ellen to look forward to tomorrow night, it's starting to get unbearable now imo, I can't see the schools opening/ staying open, it's going to be havoc. My gang are back training and playing matches but we can't go to the matches as it's not safe to view them, seems a bit ridiculous if social distancing was applied, on the other hand is it even safe for them to be mixing on the pitch and at training? I think mental health is about to take a hammering from now on, it's dragging on,evenings are getting shorter and it's just all seems to be hitting hard imo.

Anyway I'm couchside having a tiny night cap as early start tomorrow, got my steps done yesterday and today so hopefully back on track, trying to feel positive but I've a bad feeling and I'm worried about my parents as I'd say they will have to cocoon again, fingers crossed we'll see some improvement soon.

Belated birthday wishes Poochie,any cake left?��

Serious lack of cake in the house today, I should have made provisions for cake all week :D

It’s all so **** isn’t it. Was talking to my parents earlier and there worried they’ll be forced to cocoon again too. They don’t do much so I hope they can just carry on using their own judgement and common sense. Trying to stay positive and not look too far in to the future, hoping things will improve.

@duvet day. I hear ya! The next few days of rain and wind and misery will be like a sneak peak at what's to come over winter. It's gonna be very tough no doubt. I'm already wondering about things I can stock up on in the house to make the dark evenings and potential isolation more bearable. I don't mean food and drink (though I suppose some good alcohol will be called for) but like games and books and pampering paraphernalia!

I'm in bed and it's only 23.16! Now.. will I be able to sleep??

• Registered Users Posts: 16,358 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Getting it from all angles.

Well for some! :cool:

Yeah, the not wearing gloves was the bit I've always wondered about.

Was he (I'm assuming he was male) older? Some of the old school types would prefer certain examination without gloves because they could feel subtle anomalies that they wouldn't with gloves. The not asking or explaining is inexcusable. A horrible experience for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Belated birthday wishes Poochie,any cake left?🎂

I can see the schools opening (after the expense of buying uniforms, books etc there will be uproar if they don't) but I can see them closing fairly quickly too.

There will be alot of hand wringing, saying they tried, but it was too.... "insert massive list of excuses here"... Its safer for everyone blah de blah.

I'll be honest, I want the kids in school, but I'm seriously worried about it.

The blind leading the blind, really springs to mind. I had more confidence in March than I do now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement