Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

@duvet day. I hear ya! The next few days of rain and wind and misery will be like a sneak peak at what's to come over winter. It's gonna be very tough no doubt. I'm already wondering about things I can stock up on in the house to make the dark evenings and potential isolation more bearable. I don't mean food and drink (though I suppose some good alcohol will be called for) but like games and books and pampering paraphernalia!

I'm in bed and it's only 23.16! Now.. will I be able to sleep??

Any sign of the tiger cub these days :3?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Was he (I'm assuming he was male) older? Some of the old school types would prefer certain examination without gloves because they could feel subtle anomalies that they wouldn't with gloves. The not asking or explaining is inexcusable. A horrible experience for you.

Older woman, although when my GP was checking me out it was even more embarrassing because I was in a hurry to get out the door and pulled my pants on over the giant bog roll that they use to cover the table. Trailed the thing into the corridor before I realised. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

kowloon wrote: »
    Older woman, although when my GP was checking me out it was even more embarrassing because I was in a hurry to get out the door and pulled my pants on over the giant bog roll that they use to cover the table. Trailed the thing into the corridor before I realised. :o

Oh gawd. Mortifying

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Notwhosheseems

Hahahaha! Excellent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Couchside, not feeling too well :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

In work on planet zx9 preparing the colony. No covid here. A few ninziwops though. They give a nasty enough bite.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

I hope you feel better cat lady. I'm still in bed and really sleepy. Someone please shake me awake? Cheers :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Deskside. Not in the humour for it at all.

Cost extra. But seeing as it's you, help yourself.

No no! I shall pay my way!! :p

I'm in 'work'. Not a tap to be doing so I think I will read and listen to my CPD talks.

Heading to the 4th best city in the country on Saturday Auto :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

No no! I shall pay my way!! :p

I'm in 'work'. Not a tap to be doing so I think I will read and listen to my CPD talks.

Heading to the 4th best city in the country on Saturday Auto :D

We all know Kilkenny is the best so it must be Cork :D

Morning all :) Enjoying watching the rain fall but I think a little road trip is in order :)

• Advertisement

So pissed off after getting off the phone to my CF nurse. Things are really not going my way at all lately. Would very much like to disappear.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,036 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Is your nurse in Dublin or Aberdeen?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,036 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

My mechanical Breakdown two days ago has resulted in me going back into isolation for two nasal tests.... annoying :)

23rd test yesterday, negative today. Next one on Sunday.

smurfjed wrote: »
    Is your nurse in Dublin or Aberdeen?

In Cork. I'll have to see about transferring care if I can. Depends on where I'll be living. If someone could just smother me with a pillow and put me out of my misery that would be great thank you.

Phoenix32 wrote: »
    In Cork. I'll have to see about transferring care if I can. Depends on where I'll be living. If someone could just smother me with a pillow and put me out of my misery that would be great thank you.

I'll happily put you out of your misery if you put me out of mine afterwards. :D

I take it everything is still up in the air? Would making your health the number one priority help making decisions easier? I can feel your death stares from here, I know advising someone with a life long serious condition to think of their health is patronising and infuriating. So even if you decide to return to Ireland, come to Kerry and beat the sh1t out if me til I die for being a condescending beeeatch- that's a decision you've acted on and I've found once you start your can't stop.

/puts the double lock on the front door.

I'll happily put you out of your misery if you put me out of mine afterwards. :D

It's a deal! :D

....hey wait a minute :p

I take it everything is still up in the air? Would making your health the number one priority help making decisions easier? I can feel your death stares from here, I know advising someone with a life long serious condition to think of their health is patronising and infuriating. So even if you decide to return to Ireland, come to Kerry and beat the sh1t out if me til I die for being a condescending beeeatch- that's a decision you've acted on and I've found once you start your can't stop.

/puts the double lock on the front door.

I just still feel very insecure, though I do have BPD and a massive fear of abandonment so that isn't helping. In fairness to him he hasn't stayed overnight since I asked him not to. It's just I still feel very uneasy. Difficult to plan what to do then especially when getting back to Cork is so difficult at the moment in order to keep on top of my health. Then it becomes a whole why am I even taking these drugs to prolong my misery on this planet so you know that's a fun path to go down :D

Anyway I'd never think you were being condescending at all Sardi, you're very thoughtful and kind. I'll just comfort myself with the thought that each day is a day closer to death :p I hope that has cheered ye all up :D

It's a deal! :D

....hey wait a minute :p

Right, you've caught me out on my tricks. You do me first then. :p

I just still feel very insecure, though I do have BPD and a massive fear of abandonment so that isn't helping. In fairness to him he hasn't stayed overnight since I asked him not to. It's just I still feel very uneasy. Difficult to plan what to do then especially when getting back to Cork is so difficult at the moment in order to keep on top of my health. Then it becomes a whole why am I even taking these drugs to prolong my misery on this planet so you know that's a fun path to go down :D

Anyway I'd never think you were being condescending at all Sardi, you're very thoughtful and kind. I'll just comfort myself with the thought that each day is a day closer to death :p I hope that has cheered ye all up :D

Yeah, I was worried the situation could drive your abandonment fear into overdrive. You've found yourself in about the worse possible scenario that someone with BPD could face and I must say you are handling it incredibly well. I know all about that 'fun path', Phoenix. Been down it very many times. Joking aside, I've said to you before about not taking your current situation as a reflection on you. It's not, at all.
    So it's not going to feed the BPD monsters trying to take you down that path. Post on here, keep talking to your ex/bestie and whatever you can to stop walking down that path. Or I'll break ya!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

Sitting having a good ould think. Not too hard in case I break my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I’m armchair-side with a cuppa, tired after work yesterday and not looking forward to a very busy working weekend. That said, I’m happy to be back at work, it’s actually surprised me how happy I am to be back

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside worried about this poxy storm.

Autosport wrote: »
    We all know Kilkenny is the best so it must be Cork :D

Mod

Auto banned for posting blasphemy !!!!!!!!!!

:pac::pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Want to whinge about pain and stuff. But it's boring.. Tea and toast being consumed here

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

This weather doesn't help either the aches and pains nor the low moods Grem , well I think not anyway .

Home , fire lit , pasta , pesto and garlic bread for tea soon .
    Have to head back out later for a few hours .

• Registered Users Posts: 47 MzMurfy

Showered and waiting for dinner to cook before Night-shift. Jesus I cannot wait to be back on days. Its not normal to sleep all day and be awake all night. Its so disorientating!

Deskside worried about this poxy storm.

Mod

Auto banned for posting blasphemy !!!!!!!!!!

Truth hurts :D

:pac::pac:

Truth hurts :D

Beachside

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭3d4life

Autosport wrote: »
    ...Beachside

You kitesurfing ?

Homeside, strangely concerned for all involved in Kowloon digital experience :eek:

@Smurf, I dont know how you manage to cope with that. For me would be guys in white coats time

3d4life wrote: »
    You kitesurfing ?

Homeside, strangely concerned for all involved in Kowloon digital experience :eek:

@Smurf, I dont know how you manage to cope with that. For me would be guys in white coats time

I’m just watching the waves crash against the cliffs :) very therapeutic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,359 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

The forecast is bleak, I hope Duvet and Sephers are prepared.

Couchside, still in foul humour.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement