Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭MB05

They added the Hunky Dory Variety 6 pk of crisps to the offers on the app. It was originally just €1.50 off a Tayto 12 pk but now you have a choice. The Hunky Dory's are 99c with the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Renjit wrote: »
    I would assume your lidl plus card code is unique and linked to your account. Screenshot should be fine.

If you have trouble with it you can ask the cashier to key you mobile number in, it's all linked. Worked for me a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Activated a few things on the app earlier and just realised the discounts didn't come off, can anything be done online or only go back to the shop to rectify their mistake?

Happened me last week and I contacted customer services through the Whatsapp on their page. They put 5 euro on to my app to come off the next purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭marrm

Sorry, had problems loading pic of Lidl bargain direct. Here it is:

https://ibb.co/5F0pj0k

Bargain?

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

First time in the Aungier Street LIDL today
    Grand store, love the glass floors, aisles are a little off but it works

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    First time in the Aungier Street LIDL today
    Grand store, love the glass floors, aisles are a little off but it works

It is the remains of original castle where mario princess lived once :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Why have the machine behind the glass.Its just so awkward to get your phone in and wiggle it around.And hope it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

dubstarr wrote: »
    Why have the machine behind the glass.Its just so awkward to get your phone in and wiggle it around.And hope it works.

I suppose once covid is gone ,those screens will be taken down or at least that's the hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

yabadabado wrote: »
    I suppose once covid is gone ,those screens will be taken down or at least that's the hope.

There are some Lidl stores that now have a massive hole in the plastic in front of the app reader.
    Makes it real easy to use the app but wouldn't fancy being one of the staff behind them as it is now so open.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

They should be located at the far end of till well away from till operator or other customer behind who have moved forward loading groceries. I.e. 2m from everyone reader.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BlondeBomb

50cent on the scratch card.

The offer stand has *spoiler alert* the Tower Gate Chocolate Chip Cookies/W5 Washing up Liquid/Dog Treats/Tortelloni Gnocchi Ravioli so likely to be the other offers.

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    They should be located at the far end of till well away from till operator or other customer behind who have moved forward loading groceries beyond 2m from card reader.

Weren't the machines installed before covid?
    If they were in before covid they were probably in the ideal place .

Tbh I don't find it too awkward to use but will be even easier when the screens are fully removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭crayon80

Not pre covid
    The first post on this thread is July 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭Nollog

crayon80 wrote: »
    Not pre covid
    The first post on this thread is July 2020

They were trialing the app a long while ago, I saw stickers about it 2 years or more ago in mine. I think it went nationwide toward the end of 2019.
    I'm probably wrong, but maybe I'm not?

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

Weren't the machines installed before covid?
    If they were in before covid they were probably in the ideal place .

Tbh I don't find it too awkward to use but will be even easier when the screens are fully removed.

It's more important that app reader is a safe distance from an infectionn control perspective. I.e. 2m from customers. It isn't as by the time you scan it the customer behind you is standing near app reader closer than 2m.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    It's more important that app reader is a safe distance from an infectionn control perspective. I.e. 2m from customers. It isn't as by the time you scan it the customer behind you is standing near app reader closer than 2m.

You should be scanning it as you walk past, not after all the groceries have been scanned through. All you're doing there is causing needless delay for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭schmoo2k

You can just give them your phone number at the till as well (via mouth to ear)...

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

schmoo2k wrote: »
    You can just give them your phone number at the till as well (via mouth to ear)...

Mouth to mouth will be CPR :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,406 ✭✭✭✭zell12

50c off on scratchcard
    Pasta or Dog food on scratchcard

You should be scanning it as you walk past, not after all the groceries have been scanned through. All you're doing there is causing needless delay for everyone.

Exactly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

/\/ollog wrote: »
    They were trialing the app a long while ago, I saw stickers about it 2 years or more ago in mine. I think it went nationwide toward the end of 2019.
    I'm probably wrong, but maybe I'm not?
    The same system had already been rolled out in some other countries too a few years before coming here.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭marrm

Bargain? Take a closer look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Asked about no scratchcard in last few weeks yesterday and they send I need to spend €30 to get one. I generally get a few things in Lidl but not enough for €30

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭MunsterM

Luckycharm wrote: »
    Asked about no scratchcard in last few weeks yesterday and they send I need to spend €30 to get one. I generally get a few things in Lidl but not enough for €30

I spent less than €30 today and got a scratch card.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,191 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I’m surprised at this.
    I never spend that amount at Lidl and I get one however the voucher takes a while to appear in my App now.
    I do know there’s a €30 spend to get a stamp for the ladies GAA or something tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gussieg

Yes guy behind till in lidl I went to other day also came out with some mythical nonsense re the app /scratch card.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,406 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Choc chip cookies or Dish detergent on scratchcard

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I spent a lot less than that today and got a scratch card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭dmc17

I picked up a few bottles of water for €3.60 during the week and got a scratchcard for €1 off next shop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭Nollog

I’m surprised at this.
    I never spend that amount at Lidl and I get one however the voucher takes a while to appear in my App now.
    I do know there’s a €30 spend to get a stamp for the ladies GAA or something tough.
    My guess is the rep confused the two "card" promotions.

I had one receipt and scratch card come in 2 days after I made a purchase over the weekend, which was a nice surprise.

Advertisement