Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 GipsyMoth

newincity wrote: »
    In my local lidl they have infused oil also. I am not sure what will be the combination.

The infused oils are 50% off they work out at 74c

• Registered Users Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

GipsyMoth wrote: »
    I have not been to lidl since last week , today I got a scratch card with the new offers , pasta sauce or neo biscuits without going to the store, It must have been the one i did not receive last week

I find the App is playing up a lot lately
    It can take a while for the scratch cards to pop up and they are also appearing after every shop even if they were only a few hours apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭florawest

TheKBizzle wrote: »
    Same as that, my scratch card said you’ve lost and disappeared

I got that too but didn't get any other one then until next shopping trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,406 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Crisps 150g or W5 cleaner on scratchcard
    aka W5 Kitchen/Bathroom Cleaner, Bacon Rashers/Snack Sticks/ Cheese Puffs

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BlondeBomb

Chocolate butter biscuits or Still Water 500ml next scratcher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

celticfc wrote: »
    I've got to say the Lidl Plus offers been rather underwhelming over the past few weeks.

I'm not sure what other people think, but they've done nothing to entice me to do my weekly shop in Lidl anyway. Whenever there are a few decent app deals on the basics, I'm happy to do it in Lidl.

Yeah would agree. Though I find if you flick through the leaflet on the app there are always some good offers in there compared to the treats on the app. I got a leg of fresh lamb yesterday for Easter Sunday and it was only 6.74 a kilo, I dont think Ive ever seen lamb that cheap in any supermarket. Even when they had the frozen New Zealand lamb that was 7.99 a kg so seeing Irish lamb for under 7 quid a kilo is pretty rare. Had a look at Supervalue and their fresh lamb was 11.99 a kilo for the weekend thats in it which puts it into perspective.

Also got a pouch of their crab bisque soup for 1.99. Have had it before and its pretty nice if you like fish soups.

celticfc wrote: »
    I've got to say the Lidl Plus offers been rather underwhelming over the past few weeks.
    I'm not sure what other people think, but they've done nothing to entice me to do my weekly shop in Lidl anyway. Whenever there are a few decent app deals on the basics, I'm happy to do it in Lidl.
    I disagree.
    Lidl do not have do this promotion at all. I'm surprised it's lasted this long.
    The prices are competitor-beating, food quality excellent, non-food stuff offers great, etc. They need to stick with that

Having said that, advertising works

• Registered Users Posts: 11,983 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

zell12 wrote: »
    I disagree.
    Lidl do not have do this promotion at all. I'm surprised it's lasted this long.
    The prices are competitor-beating, food quality excellent, non-food stuff offers great, etc. They need to stick with that

Having said that, advertising works

Food quality is certainly not excellent. In the last two weeks I've binned a half pack of strawberries, three quarters an orange net, a bag of rock hard bakery cookies and I had to return an undercooked brown soda bread yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Gormal

TheKBizzle wrote: »
    Same as that, my scratch card said you’ve lost and disappeared

Same here :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,835 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Gormal wrote: »
    Same here :confused:

Loser.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Sounds like you need a personal shopper to pick out the good stuff lol

No matter where you buy strawberries from at this time of year they need to be eaten on the day really

Not the M&S ones, they'll keep for a week, easily. I'd rather my personal shopper wasn't touching every bread in the packet to check if twas raw too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

8th-14th April.

IMG-1622.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I like that the coleslaw can go with both the scampi and the chicken burgers

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Muahahaha wrote:
    I like that the coleslaw can go with both the scampi and the chicken burgers

Bread and crisps too if you are so inclined (crisp sambos)

To be clear, I am not thusly inclined.

Organic Bananas 65c/kg from Thurs too

OmegaGene wrote: »
    They’d be the posh English strawberries then if you’re going to m&s

No idea, they've often been keeling's in the past. Couldn't give a flying frig where they're from though as long as they're not in the bin after two days!

Rfs8pIe.png

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

zell12 wrote: »
    Rfs8pIe.png

Berry good. Just a lidl bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

This weekend Lidl have Maris Piper Chunky Chips reduced to €1.39.

They are the only chips we ever buy.

Great in an Air Fryer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭prodsc

Are the above Lidl Plus app offers or regular Lidl offers??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭crayon80

prodsc wrote: »
    Are the above Lidl Plus app offers or regular Lidl offers??

Which above ones?
    The chips are the weekend offer so you don't need the app and aren't restricted to 1 pack
    https://www.lidl.ie/en/c/weekend-super-savers/c14/w2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

This has probably been asked to death so apologies in advance, but does this app do anything other than activate the discounts? I have often gotten to the checkout with only 2 or 3 items and been asked to scan my phone despite not buying anything discounted.

If you scan it, even without discounted purchases, you will get a scratch card that either gives you money off or a freebie for your next visit (within 7 days).

Also it saves a digital version of your receipts.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭go4it

the main advantages for lidl is to gather data about your spending habits ; the main advantage for you is the weekly discounts and freebies with the added bonus of having receipts in digital form ( handy if returning some items after a few months , and lost original receipt )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Baggly wrote: »
    If you scan it, even without discounted purchases, you will get a scratch card that either gives you money off or a freebie for your next visit (within 7 days).

Also it saves a digital version of your receipts.
    go4it wrote: »
    the main advantages for lidl is to gather data about your spending habits ; the main advantage for you is the weekly discounts and freebies with the added bonus of having receipts in digital form ( handy if returning some items after a few months , and lost original receipt )

Ah right, that makes sense thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

OhMyGosh have such good things to say about the Scratch&Win Freebies! I often get a euro off, today I got a big-a$$ Bag of their Bacon Rashers. (Bag was only half-full mind but I ain't complaining! Most items nowadays anyway are only half-full.) And they're lovely! Wasn't very hopeful about them as the Tesco own-brand ones are rotten. But these ones are rather good!🙂 They're more like KP Rancheroes rather than Bacon Fries/Bites but I love Rancheroes too.

Another day I got a Box of Chocolate Fingers, another day a Jar of tasty White Sauce... Decent Freebies too there is Cleaning Products and other stuff... No minimum required spend or Coupon nonsense... Think I would put up with their Ninja Check-outs for some Freebies ...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Treppen

Anyone noticed the way they spread the discount off a few cent across all your basket if you get 50c or €1 off.

It's a bit sly if you ask me, instead of it being a basic amount of your total bill they're using it to say "today we've discounted hundreds of products by up to x%".

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Treppen wrote: »
    Anyone noticed the way they spread the discount off a few cent across all your basket if you get 50c or €1 off.

It's a bit sly if you ask me, instead of it being a basic amount of your total bill they're using it to say "today we've discounted hundreds of products by up to x%".

Are they saying that ?

Buy one thing and it will take the 50c/€1 off .
    Hardly some massive con ,you are still getting the same discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,920 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Possibly it is to show the discount was not applied to an alcohol product

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement

Treppen wrote:

Are they? It's been discussed here before and the prevailing theory is that they spread the discount evenly in case you return an item.

Advertisement