Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

None of the activated offers applied on my last shop so I'm down quite a few euro. Although it's clearly a bug it's still sneaky enough as many probably wouldn't notice.

They applied 2 euro coupon as an apology anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

OmegaGene wrote: »
    lidl app has always worked for me and the location of the scanner is perfectly fine and it the same location in Germany and other locations, you pop your phone in the hole for a second scan the barcode and move along so i do not see a problem myself apart from when people are standing there asking for help because they forgot to activate the offers or cant scan the app but these customers are far and few between thankfully.
    Friend of mine works there and said for 9/10 customers its fine but as usual there is always one who hasnt a clue.

Yes but that was pre-covid times. The Regulations under the Health Act,1947 are 2m distancing. This can't be done when somebody standing right beside scan device. Furthermore, if you read this thread you will see the app did not work for some users so I liked to scan it AFTER all items I purchase scanned and then see the amount due being reduced AFTER scanning the App. What's more the scan device is in dome stores awkwardly located just behind a covid screen. Obviously when the scan device was first introduced there was no covid screen.

A close relative died by covid so, unlike some, I keep to 2m distancing indoors.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,835 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    I like to see the app has reduced the total price as I have heard stories here of it not working.

I politely asked two young black women behind me to step back 2m from the scan device the other day and they created a scene, said I was being " melodramatic" and they "were wearing masks"when the infectious disease experts clearly state 2m+ mask for indoor settings.
    The staff member did nothing.

I didn't tell them that a very close relative died from Covid as did a friend. People don't seem to care about others only themselves.

Covid is being contracted on supermarkets. I just am so disappointed in some people.

I find the security Lidl employ very ignorant.

Even with this great Lidl app I find Lidl isn't the cheapest, apart from the fruit & veg offer.

What in the name of Jesus and all the holy saints did you expect the till operator to do?

And what does the color of the skin of the people behind you have to do with anything?

You can always see the discount you got on your phone receipt or on your actual paper receipt and from reading this thread you will see there's never an issue with any dispute of overcharging/discounts not being applied. Lidl customer care is second to none.

Maybe trying not to be such a drama queen and having some empathy for other people in there would help you enjoy your experience of shopping in Lidl a bit more. Or you could always shop somewhere else too.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭Nollog

Yes but that was pre-covid times. The Regulations under the Health Act,1947 are 2m distancing. This can't be done when somebody standing right beside scan device. Furthermore, if you read this thread you will see the app did not work for some users so I liked to scan it AFTER all items I purchase scanned and then see the amount due being reduced AFTER scanning the App. What's more the scan device is in dome stores awkwardly located just behind a covid screen. Obviously when the scan device was first introduced there was no covid screen.

A close relative died by covid so, unlike some, I keep to 2m distancing indoors.

I scan after the first item, they have a screen in my Lidl with an itemised list pointed to the back, so I check that before paying.

Some people just love to be in your space, regardless of the real dangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 HelenHelen

Are you activating your coupons before you go to the till?

I was picking the wrong wash up liquid, the right price but wrong type it was the standard green one not the fancier lime and lemongrass that I won a few months ago on the app.

Got the tortillini which was a new unchecked coupon, the 50c coupon was used before by me (I checked my receipts) but its still sitting there "activated* teasing me when I log onto the app, it officially expires tomorrow.

Thanks, happy shopping, I want to win the jelly babies next, they're nicer than Barretts.

• Advertisement

What in the name of Jesus and all the holy saints did you expect the till operator to do?

And what does the color of the skin of the people behind you have to do with anything?

You can always see the discount you got on your phone receipt or on your actual paper receipt and from reading this thread you will see there's never an issue with any dispute of overcharging/discounts not being applied. Lidl customer care is second to none.

Maybe trying not to be such a drama queen and having some empathy for other people in there would help you enjoy your experience of shopping in Lidl a bit more. Or you could always shop somewhere else too.

Unlike you, I don't condone lack of 2m social distancing, especially indoor settings. Empathy for other people would be adhering to the rules 2m rule instead of standing right beside another customer when there is plenty of room to keep distanced. The people you stand beside can die as a result of transmission. You actually lack any empathy by condonjng bad behaviour.A very close relative of mine died from Covid and your "drama Queen" comment is quite ignorant. If a person who planned to scan the app before packing forgets then what on earth is wrong with asking the customer behind to momentarily step back 2m to allow them scan. I believe in following the 2m Law. You'd swear it costs them a fortune the way some people behave, very selfish. It costs them NOTHING to keep 2m away, or in this case momentarily keep 2m from scan device. You are being unreasonable if you refuse to do this. It only takes a a few seconds.

My sister tragically passed away from Covid leaving a young family and I work as a medic so I know first hand, like millions of others, the effect of covid so please don't tell me I'm a "drama queen" for social distancing!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,918 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Unlike you, I don't condone lack of 2m social distancing, especially indoor settings. Empathy for other people would be adhering to the rules 2m rule instead of standing right beside another customer when there is plenty of room to keep distanced. The people you stand beside can die as a result of transmission. You actually lack any empathy by condonjng bad behaviour.A very close relative of mine died from Covid and your "drama Queen" comment is quite ignorant.

If you did as everybody else does and scan your app at the scanner when you get to it there wouldn't be a problem.
    Instead you are encroaching on the next customers 2M space by going back to it after your purchases have been rang in.

If you did as everybody else does and scan your app at the scanner when you get to it there wouldn't be a problem.
    Instead you are encroaching on the next customers 2M space by going back to it after your purchases have been rang in.

I'm not encroaching on anybody space. I've seen lots of people not scan their card until they pay the till operator. I'm not finished my shopping until I pay. (If the app reader was located at where goods packed this problem wouldn't arise). If one were to forget to immediately scan the app, it's perfectly acceptable to politely ask the customer behind you to keep 2m away from you while you scan the card.

In my case the customer refused to do this, therefore they were being unreasonable as there was nobody behind them and they could easily have stepped back. You would swear it costs people money to social distance from others. Many people just don't care about covid distancing ryc unless covid personally affects them.

My sister died from Covid and I'm acutely aware of its consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

I'm not encroaching on anybody space. I've seen lots of people not scan their card until they pay the till operator. I'm not finished my shopping until I pay. (If the app reader was located at where goods packed this problem wouldn't arise). If one were to forget to immediately scan the app, it's perfectly acceptable to politely ask the customer behind you to keep 2m away from you while you scan the card.

In my case the customer refused to do this, therefore they were being unreasonable as there was nobody behind them and they could easily have stepped back. You would swear it costs people money to social distance from others. Many people just don't care about covid distancing ryc unless covid personally affects them.

My sister died from Covid and I'm acutely aware of its consequences.

Yeah, it was part unreasonable if they had space to move back. Could have politely done that. But mentioning the color/race sets a different premise here. People react differently irrespective of color.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

Yyhhuuu I am very sorry for your loss.

I agree, it's no big deal for someone to wait back towards the beginning of the conveyor belt until the person ahead is finished. Some people have no patience.

• Advertisement

Thanks 1234567 really appreciate that..

Just in our Lidl there, I think we're getting the blue wafer bars as a scratch card reward this week judging by the sheer amount on the end shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BlondeBomb

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Just in our Lidl there, I think we're getting the blue wafer bars as a scratch card reward this week judging by the sheer amount on the end shelf.

They were in mine too. They always seem to be given away.

There was antibacterial hand cream too and the bake at home petit pains.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

The saga continues..

They gave me some vouchers to make up for the multiple activated coupons which didn't apply to my previous purchase - and the new voucher (given as compensation) didn't apply to today's purchase either! App scanned in fine but nothing discounted.

What a balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

I've had some problems with the app too but all was forgiven with those free jelly babies.

And when I said I scanned the app after purchase to make sure voucher was redeemed, and balance reduced, others on here kept saying they never had a problem with app not working. Well clearly it doesn't always work

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭crayon80

There is a survey on the app now to sign up for a free period product each month

Part baked rolls or Chocolate Wafer Bars on scratcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I’ve scanned the thread but so many pages, sorry if already been answered.
    I rarely shop in Lidl and when I do it is generally small value, maybe lunches or an odd snack.
    Sometimes will pick up some of their olive oils. Don’t buy any of their own brand cleaning or toiletries.
    After buying a good bit of stuff from the middle aisle over the years I generally don’t bother with it anymore as I realised that most of it is cheap crap!

So is it worth my while downloading this app? What kind of deals are actually on it? If it is mainly their own brand stuff or spend 50 to get a 10 off then it’s probably not what I’m after

Seve OB wrote: »
    I’ve scanned the thread but so many pages, sorry if already been answered.
    I rarely shop in Lidl and when I do it is generally small value, maybe lunches or an odd snack.
    Sometimes will pick up some of their olive oils. Don’t buy any of their own brand cleaning or toiletries.
    After buying a good bit of stuff from the middle aisle over the years I generally don’t bother with it anymore as I realised that most of it is cheap crap!

So is it worth my while downloading this app? What kind of deals are actually on it? If it is mainly their own brand stuff or spend 50 to get a 10 off then it’s probably not what I’m after

7 two-finger Kit kat for 99c pops up very often.
    Usually it's a fresh baked item, a meat item, a couple of sweet items (like kit kat mentioned above), a home/beauty product, and a pack of hunky dory.
    The reason I use it is mainly the scratch cards that you get every 10 hours between purchases no matter how small the purchase is, or what you're buying. They give you usually a choice between two free items or 50c or 1 euro off your next shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Buffman

Seve OB wrote: »

Download it and try it, even for the rare shopper you might get something free that you'd like or €1 off a shop with the 'scratchcards'.

No minimum spend. It seems to be evenly spread between own brand and branded items, although free stuff is always own brand.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 GipsyMoth

Can you claim two scratchers in one transaction?, earlier I redeemed the washing up liquid and had 50c of the scratcher but the washing up liquid didn't come off I paid for it. The same thing happened last week , I definitely checked the codes on the liquid

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

GipsyMoth wrote: »
    Can you claim two scratchers in one transaction?, earlier I redeemed the washing up liquid and had 50c of the scratcher but the washing up liquid didn't come off I paid for it. The same thing happened last week , I definitely checked the codes on the liquid

I've definitely claimed two freebies on the one transaction before.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

nd a pack of hunky dory.

Howdy dowdies, awful stuff. Not worth the price even discounted. A crap rip off of a rip off.

GipsyMoth wrote: »

The only ones you cant claim together are the money ones, I've used money off and free product qpons together before loads of times.

Come to think of it I got the dog treats and a 50c off a few days ago and just checked to be sure and they're both on the receipt.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,406 ✭✭✭✭zell12

The only ones you cant claim together are the money ones, I've used money off and free product qpons together before loads of times.
    It's two same items you cannot claim in one go, money-off or product.

Other scratch cards are:

€1 off

Passata / Gel Air Freshner

zell12 wrote: »

Ah, that makes sense. I guess I've never tried to "buy" two of something.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

zell12 wrote: »

I used two freebie vouchers together. Did it the other day. Didn't even buy anything. Scanned the 2 products, scanned my Lidl Plus barcode, receipt starts printed and away you go.

• Advertisement

I used two freebie vouchers together. Did it the other day. Didn't even buy anything. Scanned the 2 products, scanned my Lidl Plus barcode, receipt starts printed and away you go.

So have I, but never two of the same freebies.

Advertisement