Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,071 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Deluxe orange juice no where, tried a few Lidls since last Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭user302243

I'm a fan of the app but would rather they had more healthy stuff as the freebies. It's often cookies/crisps/sweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

user302243 wrote: »
    I'm a fan of the app but would rather they had more healthy stuff as the freebies. It's often cookies/crisps/sweets.

I suppose it's always stuff that's long life and is cheap.Usually around a euro .
    I'd like to see the option of getting something from super saver (49c) than the usual sweet stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭tx_tx

yabadabado wrote: »
    I'd like to see the option of getting something from super saver (49c) than the usual sweet stuff.

Now, that's a great idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

Yeah even a few loose fruits 3 bananas or summit like that . A lot of the offers I dont really buy they are either branded and more expensive then the lidl version or is junk food. I would love a coffee machine token :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,406 ✭✭✭✭zell12

yabadabado wrote: »
    I suppose it's always stuff that's long life and is cheap.Usually around a euro .
    Problem with that is stock would disappear instantly.
    At least non-fresh products have a longer shelf-life. They have given part-baked baguettes, naan breads, bakewell tarts, swiss roll, though

zell12 wrote: »
    Problem with that is stock would disappear instantly.
    At least non-fresh products have a longer shelf-life. They have given part-baked baguettes, naan breads, bakewell tarts, swiss roll, though

I understand why they use the producs they do , it would just be a nice option to get an apple/banana etc although unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭go4it

today's app offers: pink lady apples are 50% off : in store price 2.99 ; lidl plus price 1.99 ; maybe someone from lidl could adjust the price, in time for shopping

• Registered Users Posts: 23,406 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Jelly babies or Rice cakes on scratchcard

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

50 cent off

It’s a bit **** this app isn’t it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭Nollog

vicwatson wrote: »
    50 cent off

50 cent for free? I'll take your app if you don't want it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

zell12 wrote: »
    Jelly babies or Rice cakes on scratchcard

So... jelly babies on the scratch card then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

vicwatson wrote: »
    50 cent off

Have to say I agree. Lidl is great value and has good deals regularly. The app just always seems to be a random bunch of items I probably wouldn't have bought anyway with a bit of a discount.

Buying things just because they're discounted isn't actually saving anything, it's costing you money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Yeah, I don't go in for those Clubcards or anything either and they have the app discounted items displayed in the shop anyway and it never inspired me to download it.

They do have regularly great offers like heavily discounted meat on Wednesday evenings and the promotion stock (alpenfest, the French one etc) ends up being given away after a while. I just don't see what the app is adding really, a euro off a tube of bad toothpaste, great.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Some weeks the stars align and the own brand niche chainsaw toothbrush that you were going to buy anyway is discounted.

Other weeks ill get 1 or 2 out of the 9 offers, because i was going to get them anyway. The digital receipts are handy and the odd euro or 50c a few times a month is worth taking out my phone to scan the app.

If you dont get the above from it, i completely get you though - if it doesnt suit you, it doesnt suit you.

2ndcoming wrote: »

Buying things just because they're discounted isn't actually saving anything, it's costing you money.

I don't think it's mandatory ,I often go weeks without buying any of the discounted item on the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I've never seen anyone order a kids meal in McDonald's and choose fruit instead of fries.

such is human nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I don't think there's been a week I haven't brought something from App. My only irritation is that I never get the fresh bakery, but the bakery normally fairly empty at the times I shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭newincity

Macy0161 wrote: »
    I don't think there's been a week I haven't brought something from App. My only irritation is that I never get the fresh bakery, but the bakery normally fairly empty at the times I shop.

yes if I go before 11 then I have good chance of getting baked bread etc else gone

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BlondeBomb

€1 off on the scratchers too

I see Rich Tea in the offer stand too so they’ll prob make an appearance (to the joy of nobody).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

BlondeBomb wrote: »

I see Rich Tea in the offer stand too so they’ll prob make an appearance (to the joy of nobody).

Rich tea are only about 28c a pack anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone tried the chicken burgers that are on the app offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Anyone tried the chicken burgers that are on the app offers?

Bought them once and wasn't a fan. But then I find the idea of minced chicken burgers not particularly alluring so I'm not a reliable judge.

I love scampi though...anyone ever had that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭Nollog

BlondeBomb wrote: »

SuperValu shoppers keep voting rich tea their favourite biscuit :pac:
    yellow hen wrote: »
    Bought them once and wasn't a fan. But then I find the idea of minced chicken burgers not particularly alluring so I'm not a reliable judge.

Apparently I had it over Christmas, it tasted like rubbery chicken to me at the time, I wasn't aware I was eating fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yellow hen wrote: »

cheers, was thinking the chicken burgers might not be great so thats confirmed it. Im remembering back to some other breaded chicken product that was on the app offers about 6 months ago and that was pretty terrible too.

The scampi is alright, theres more breadcrumb than actual fish but tastes nice. The bag only has enough for about two portions so not a big waste if you dont like it. Goes well with the tartare sauce, chips and peas.

Was in Lidl Tuesday and got the W5 kitchen cleaner as a freebie on the scratchcard. I actually wanted one of the 'Snacks' as the freebie but the picture on the app was so small I couldnt discern what exactly these 'Snacks' were, there was three packets but you couldnt zoom in to see what was written on them and the description below literally said Snacks' and nothing else. So went for the W5 kitchen cleaner instead.

Anyway I scanned the phone twice at the checkout (assistant asked for a second scan even though it booped on the first one). Got home and it had charged me 79c for the freebie. Contacted Lidl customer service just there via their Whatsapp and she applied a 5 euro voucher to my app so HEWT. Will use it against a nice big Angus rib roast now, the fiver voucher will take the edge off the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,617 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I actually wanted one of the 'Snacks' as the freebie but the picture on the app was so small I couldnt discern what exactly these 'Snacks' were, there was three packets but you couldnt zoom in to see what was written on them and the description below literally said Snacks' and nothing else.

If you click on "products included" at the bottom of the description, it will show the 6 digit code which you can then check on the shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭BlondeBomb

Rich Tea/Flavoured Sparkling Water on the scratcher

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

€1 off shop happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 GipsyMoth

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Have to say I agree. Lidl is great value and has good deals regularly. The app just always seems to be a random bunch of items I probably wouldn't have bought anyway with a bit of a discount.

I have been using the discounts to try new products that I normally would not have bought several items now have been added to weekly shop because we liked them so much

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Dont bother with the tuna in brine, its very dry. The John West in sunflower oil is much nicer.

Advertisement