Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi e-tron

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Jog501

Looking for opinions here; trying to decide between the Id3 tour 77kwh (4 seater with sports seats), I'd 4 life 77kwh and the Q4 Etron Advance 35 with a few extras. All are coming in at around €46k. No daily commute now as WFH but will have approx 50km (total) when back in the office. Also do the odd long trip of approx 200k total but have access to an ICE for longer journeys if needed. Hard to decide between the 3, the extras on the Id3 tour are great and it's the longest range but I feel the Q4 and ID4 are more practical for Golf clubs etc. The Q4 wins hands down for me in looks and desirability but the range while lacking still covers me for 99% of my driving. Any advice would be appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

Jog501 wrote: »
    Looking for opinions here; trying to decide between the Id3 tour 77kwh (4 seater with sports seats), I'd 4 life 77kwh and the Q4 Etron Advance 35 with a few extras. All are coming in at around €46k. No daily commute now as WFH but will have approx 50km (total) when back in the office. Also do the odd long trip of approx 200k total but have access to an ICE for longer journeys if needed. Hard to decide between the 3, the extras on the Id3 tour are great and it's the longest range but I feel the Q4 and ID4 are more practical for Golf clubs etc. The Q4 wins hands down for me in looks and desirability but the range while lacking still covers me for 99% of my driving. Any advice would be appreciated!

buy the Audi.

You'll hate yourself for spending that much and not getting the one you want.

celtic_oz wrote: »
    buy the Audi.

You'll hate yourself for spending that much and not getting the one you want.

Coming from an A5 it would be hard to disagree, interior quality isn't the same on the VW's.. Tough decision

• Registered Users Posts: 27,856 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I let the single rear seat down in my ID3 and put my tour bag in length ways. Powakaddy C2i fits beside the bag and still plenty of room for other stuff.

If I took out the woods the bag should fit across the boot.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I let the single rear seat down in my ID3 and put my tour bag in length ways. Powakaddy C2i fits beside the bag and still plenty of room for other stuff.

If I took out the woods the bag should fit across the boot.

Didn't think it would fit across. Good to know. Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭Casati

I can’t remember any 4 seater car unless it’s a proper grand tourer like the 6 series doing well second hand. I’d go with the Audi

• Registered Users Posts: 27,856 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Didn't think it would fit across. Good to know. Cheers

I'll be playing tomorrow so I can grab a photo and post it up. I haven't actually tried it that way but it looks like it will fit.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I'll be playing tomorrow so I can grab a photo and post it up. I haven't actually tried it that way but it looks like it will fit.

Went out and test drove all three today. The clubs fit in without much issue in the ID3. The ID3 was definitely the most responsive and fun to drive but I was disappointed with the quality of the interior, particularly the screen and buttons, felt very poorly put together. The Q4 felt like a step up in terms of quality and size so will probably go with that if the price is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭cannco253

If it was me I’d go for the bigger battery and ID.4 but I’m biased as I have one.

I fit 3 sets of clubs and foldable carts in the boot no problem.

Once you start driving a BEV you won’t want to go back to ICE so don’t underestimate the battery. If you go too small on the battery size you’ll regret it on the day you might need it , especially if relying on public charging.

anyone know the starting price for the q4 sportback yet ?

• Advertisement

seems to be only £1000 more in the UK

557618.jpg

cannco253 wrote: »
    If it was me I’d go for the bigger battery and ID.4 but I’m biased as I have one.

I fit 3 sets of clubs and foldable carts in the boot no problem.

Once you start driving a BEV you won’t want to go back to ICE so don’t underestimate the battery. If you go too small on the battery size you’ll regret it on the day you might need it , especially if relying on public charging.

Have to agree with you on the battery, think I will pull the trigger on Id4 1st or life model, is there any difference between the two besides the brown dash and 1st badging?

think I will pull the trigger on Id4 1st or life model, is there any difference between the two besides the brown dash and 1st badging?

ID4 "first" are well sold out

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭mun1

51EE6268-91D3-437F-8759-ECE310B622E9.jpeg

640128C3-6FAC-4E97-9FFE-7025C2A879FE.jpegCollected Q4 today.
    Advance 40 model in silver, with nav plus, assistance plus, storage pack, leather interior , safety pack plus.
    Coming from an 181 Q5 s line so i was wondering what the first impressions are.
    Drove 120km Galway to limerick with ac on at 120 kWh and got 21.2kwh/100km average .

First impressions:
    Good :
    beautiful looking car
    Smaller than Q5 on outside but seems bigger than Q5 on inside.
    Interior is premium and up there with the Q5.
    Back seat passengers have an absolutely huge amount of room (even compared to the Q5)
    Driver interface is easy to use and very comprehensive .
    Some kick in the acceleration, up there with Q5 in s mode .
    Lane assist is something I didn’t know i needed :)
    MMI touchscreen very easy to use. (This did worry me coming from Q5 button system)
    Square steering wheel is cool as are the new haptic buttons on it
    Regen set to auto and driving in b mode nearly brings you to a stop when you lift off accelerator .( Will take a bit of getting used to )
    My Audi app worked fine and car is now charging away on eo mini pro 2.

Not so good:
    Boot seems smaller then Q5.
    No 12 v charger for backseat passengers (but there is one in the boot)
    Ac is single zone which came as a surprise to me (alway had my Q5 3 zone in sync anyway but still surprised)

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

Wow. lovely car. I should have mine at the end of July/ start of Aug. Is that Floret Silver? I went for that colour.

I am coming from a A6 Sline boot so I shouldn't notice it as an issue. Safe driving & congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,786 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Lovely looking motor. Safe and happy driving!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

mun1 wrote: »
    Collected Q4 today.
    Advance 40 model in silver

557671.jpeg

Well wear :).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

What's the latest on BIK exemptions for electric cars? I'm due a bump in pay in work and could probably swing a company car out of it, but only if BIK free would I bother. Is it still end of 2022?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

Buddy Bubs wrote: »
    What's the latest on BIK exemptions for electric cars? I'm due a bump in pay in work and could probably swing a company car out of it, but only if BIK free would I bother. Is it still end of 2022?
    With greens in Govt., it will be extended most likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭LeNNoX

Anyone else lucky enough to get their new Q4 - I'd love to see some more real pics and hear reviews if people would be on for sharing.

I took one for a test drive a few weeks ago and was impressed overall, better quality against the ID.4 it test drove too (IMO). Hoping to buy one and currently looking at different spec /trims etc, there's a lot of extra optionals avaialble.

The dealer wasn't moving on the price either, must be due to demand else I'm just not good a negotiating (which is likely the case).

Anyway, would like to understand more of the spec /trim /options people went with and if they got good value anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,322 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Was it a Dublin dealer? Don’t be afraid to call dealers around the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭mun1

Got mine in July. A Q4 40 with a small few optional extras. The storage pack is worth getting . No remote boot open/close is the only thing I’d add if I could .

would have liked to get the sline with matrix and sports seats but would have had to wait until year end at best and €5k grant would have been at risk.

got a great cost of change from one dealer so went for it . ( think they wanted my high spec 181 Q5 )

very happy with the car so far and it’s the size of the Q3 outside it’s bigger than the Q5 inside, especially for rear seat passengers .Very nimble/fast car in comparison with my previous Q5 sline. Range is anywhere from 300km to 500km depending on weather and how you like to drive a car. I’m averaging 18km/100km including some motorway driving.

Configure your car online and then ring all 12(?) Audi dealers and get the best cost of change. That’s all that matters on price.

Q4s are like hens teeth worldwide and will be so for the next 12 months at least so dealers can play hardball . If you order now you will be lucky to get in Q1 next year .

some dealers have preorders placed for delivery in Q1 2022 and if you are willing to take one of these, with their choice of options , they might give a better cost of change

I'd prefer not to say in an open thread but not Dublin - pm me for details. I'll take mun1's advice and ring them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭talulon

Collected my Q4 35 yesterday from Sligo and drove all the way to Dublin (less than 200km). I got to Applegreen Einsfield with 50% battery left and connected it to charge on a 50KWh just to see how it works :D, it charged back to 80% in less than 20min and I continued the drive home. Very happy with it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Best of luck with it. Nice machines, on my possible list for 2022!

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Tazium

Safe driving guys and well wear. If a call from my dealer earlier. Delivery delayed to at least November from an original order placed in June. Car has been in build since 8th July. After which the track-myaudi.ie service was terminated.

Nothing for it but wait it out. If I thought I could get an Ionic 5 in decent spec any faster I’d ask to cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 landlord2020

just placed a reservation on a Q4 40, there was a 2K difference on my trade in between two fairly close Audi dealers ( close to 20K )

was told January which is fine

Congrats talulon or Well Wear as the saying goes.

Would love to see some pics, am about to pull the trigger on an order for Jan/Feb. Did you get any extras?

Question for you on the Infotainment: does Google maps from your phone connect up ok to the Infotainment? (That might be a silly question but I'll making a jump from a 07 car)

I am going to skip over the 2k cost for the Nav plus option but wanted to understand if the standard package works well off your phone?

L

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭talulon

I got the the s-line package with the black style package, tinted rear windows, wireless charger, and alloys with black details (Now, I didn't choose any of these, that's how the car came into stock and I liked it)

As of the infotainment, I've tried both android and iphone and they both connect well (even wireless, no need for cable). What I've noticed is that wheel controls for music work fine on iphone but not on android, I haven't done much research but seems like something to be fixed with some software update. I see no point on expending extra $$ on their navigation system when you can use google maps.

Just some picture before collecting it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,758 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

that looks well, black pack is must imo.

what colour is that?

i have the regular e-tron, i think they all came with sat nav as standard and there is no real point when you have car play / android auto, although in my experience carplay tends to work better.

Advertisement