Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi e-tron

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,900 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Sorry, I should have stated that I will be getting a home charger point in the future but I am currently in plans to extend the house which means we have to move out for 5 months, so I am anticipating having no home charger for a up to 9 months (once we secure builder etc)

No home charger is a pain in the ass if you have work charging great if not it will be a ball ache for those 9 months

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭bod71

Hi all,
    Looking for some advice. I currently have a nice Diesel A6 S line and I am looking at changing it with the PCP up later in the year. I am really interested in the Q4 and I've spoken to a number of audi dealers about it. I am looking at the Q4 40 etron and was given the below information 511kms range on a full charge AC charging 11kw 7.5hours DC charging 38mins (125kw).
    I am working from home currently and will likely do a mix of office commute and working from home once things return to some sort of normal. My commute would be a 120km round trip each day. Do you think its reasonable to go EV or would a diesel still be better until range improves. One thing to add is that I am not 100% sure if my employer has EV charging as I have just got a new job (not starting untl June), but given their profile I would be amazing if they do not. I can find that out in the coming days/weeks though. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

Any idea on price on price Q4 40 yet, I see the base model starting around 42k.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Ricey3509

Hi all,
    Looking for some advice. I currently have a nice Diesel A6 S line and I am looking at changing it with the PCP up later in the year. I am really interested in the Q4 and I've spoken to a number of audi dealers about it. I am looking at the Q4 40 etron and was given the below information 511kms range on a full charge AC charging 11kw 7.5hours DC charging 38mins (125kw).
    I am working from home currently and will likely do a mix of office commute and working from home once things return to some sort of normal. My commute would be a 120km round trip each day. Do you think its reasonable to go EV or would a diesel still be better until range improves. One thing to add is that I am not 100% sure if my employer has EV charging as I have just got a new job (not starting untl June), but given their profile I would be amazing if they do not. I can find that out in the coming days/weeks though. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

I’m curious to know the price / PCP rate they quoting for the 40 version?

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

bod71 wrote: »
    Any idea on price on price Q4 40 yet, I see the base model starting around 42k.

Advance 40 etron €55,050
    Sport 40 e-tron €59,099
    S Line 40 e-tron €61,989

All exclude grant allowance, but also it does not factor in delivery cost of €1,750 to be added.
    Ricey3509 wrote: »
    I’m curious to know the price / PCP rate they quoting for the 40 version?
    5.9%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Advance 40 etron €55,050
    Sport 40 e-tron €59,099
    S Line 40 e-tron €61,989

All exclude grant allowance, but also it does not factor in delivery cost of €1,750 to be added.

€1,750 delivery charge includes:
    2 Inspection Services (2yrs or 30k km)
    Safety, Tyre & Battery check (each alternating year)
    Pollen filter & brake fluid replacement
    Wiper Blade replacement (1 per annum)

Can be upped to €2,500 to include one set of replacement tyres as well, which is pretty good value if you know you are going to need a new set of tyres.

R.O.R wrote: »
    €1,750 delivery charge includes:
    2 Inspection Services (2yrs or 30k km)
    Safety, Tyre & Battery check (each alternating year)
    Pollen filter & brake fluid replacement
    Wiper Blade replacement (1 per annum)

Can be upped to €2,500 to include one set of replacement tyres as well, which is pretty good value if you know you are going to need a new set of tyres.

Thanks for that. I assume I would not qualify for the grant on the €62 S-line 40 e-tron?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,689 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I think the grant is phased out for over 50k cars

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Pass123

Adding a few extras to the Q4 40 brings it over the 60k limit pretty quickly. Could anyone confirm if adding the 1750 delivery/servicing charge needs to be included also?

Pass123 wrote: »
    Adding a few extras to the Q4 40 brings it over the 60k limit pretty quickly. Could anyone confirm if adding the 1750 delivery/servicing charge needs to be included also?

Meant to add so the Q4 40 Sport etron does not qualify for the grant as the delivery cost is included in assessing against the 60k limit - just confirmed with a dealer. Only option is the base Q4 40.

• Advertisement

Meant to add so the Q4 40 Sport etron does not qualify for the grant as the delivery cost is included in assessing against the 60k limit - just confirmed with a dealer. Only option is the base Q4 40.

Yes, metallic paint is not included in those prices also. Also I feel the APR is quite high for that model given other Audi vehicles are at 2.9% (A6) and 3.9% (Q3 & Q5). If the APR was lower you could at least justify that ''saving'' for the lack of grant.

Yes, metallic paint is not included in those prices also. Also I feel the APR is quite high for that model given other Audi vehicles are at 2.9% (A6) and 3.9% (Q3 & Q5). If the APR was lower you could at least justify that ''saving'' for the lack of grant.

It's a pity because the painted bumpers etc. on the Sport model really add to the look of the car. Not sure how Audi came up with this pricing certainly a big jump in cost between the two models.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Ricey3509

Any details available on the base spec? I was thinking about one of these next year but perhaps a spec'd up ID.4 or Ioniq 5 would be better value.

Ricey3509 wrote: »
    Any details available on the base spec? I was thinking about one of these next year but perhaps a spec'd up ID.4 or Ioniq 5 would be better value.

The base model which I think is called 'Advance' has
    Advance Spec
    19" Alloy Wheels
    LED Headlights
    Heated Front Seats
    Rear Sensors
    Audi Drive Select
    Cruise Control
    Smartphone Interface
    Multi Function Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    Lane Departure Warning
    Digital Radio
    Swerve Assist and Turn Assist
    Dynamic Steering

That is what I was told

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Orebro

Does anyone know if the prices on the Audi site are before or after incentives?

Orebro wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the prices on the Audi site are before or after incentives?

The prices provided earlier are before incentives. So 55k for the basic 40etron. You can then add additional extras (and you must include the 1,750 delivery cost also) to bring it to 60k.

The prices provided earlier are before incentives. So 55k for the basic 40etron. You can then add additional extras (and you must include the 1,750 delivery cost also) to bring it to 60k.

The basic model is called "Advanced". Where are the prices on the Audi website?

Screenshot attached - still not sure if these prices are before or after incentives?

Screenshot attached - still not sure if these prices are before or after incentives?

Thanks. They are before incentives.

Thanks. They are before incentives.

See the attached screenshot - 5k grant not yet applied.

• Advertisement

See the attached screenshot - 5k grant not yet applied.

Screenshot attached now I hope (relatively new to the forum!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Prices seem very high for pretty low power outputs especially when no grants will apply for most.

Audi also including the service pack in the OTR price (ca 750 Euro). I believe you can purchase this afterwards with VW ID4. Limits what few options you can add to the Q4 40 model. Even the alarm is extra. Anybody here order one?

Audi also including the service pack in the OTR price (ca 750 Euro). I believe you can purchase this afterwards with VW ID4. Limits what few options you can add to the Q4 40 model. Even the alarm is extra. Anybody here order one?

I have been in discussions about getting one, I still am but Audi have removed any discounts from the etron. For example I was getting a better price for my car if I got a different audi but if I get Q4 I am getting less (essentially these discounts are affecting the bottom line). The dealer told me the demand is high so Audi don't feel like they have to offer incentives. I am awaiting a cost to change price but feel it will be too high for me.

Also there are a good few things on the highest spec that are still optional. Like you mentioned the alarm is one, tailgate, black pack, Sonos speakers, Emergency adaptive cruise control (different to normal adaptive cruise control), matrix LEDS, different types of alloys, window tinting etc.

I took the plunge and ordered a Q4. Expecting it in July

I took the plunge and ordered a Q4. Expecting it in July

How did the pricing work out (if you don’t mind me asking!)? Did you order one that was grant eligible?

How did the pricing work out (if you don’t mind me asking!)? Did you order one that was grant eligible?

I ordered one above €60k but was told I would get preapproved for the grant in June and then it could be applied to the car received in July. I came to an arrangement with the Audi garage that I could hand the car back at no cost if the grant was not successful. They said they are 100% I will get it. They engaged with the SEAI I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,126 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Is the Q4 a rebranded ID.4? If so, €60k after subsidies is a lot of money for one, or is the spec really good, travel assist standard, etc.?

Same battery as the bigger ID 4 battery. Everything else is different (I think). Price is relative. Audi were giving me €7k more for my current car than anyone else. It's a big help. Spec on the one I got as standard is (copy and pasted):

LED Headlights
    Heated Front Seats
    Audi Drive Select
    Smartphone Interface
    Multi Function Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    Lane Departure Warning
    Digital Radio
    Swerve Assist and Turn Assist
    Dynamic Steering
    Sport Front Seats
    Reverse Camera
    Front and Rear Parking Sensors
    Adaptive Cruise Control
    Electric Close Tail Gate
    Power Folding Mirrors
    4 Way Lumbar Support
    Auto Dimming Rear View Mirror
    Gloss Black Accent Around Centre Consol
    Aluminium Optic Interior
    Sline Bumpers
    Sline Badging
    20" Alloy Wheels
    Sport Suspension
    Leather Seats
    LED Interior Lights
    Black Headliner
    S Logo on aluminium Scuff Plate
    Stainless Steel Pedals on Footrest
    Decorative Inserts in Brushed Aluminium
    Interactive HUD on windscreen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,126 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Yes the cost to change is what is most important and it looks like you are doing well there. Just trying to establish if your car has the basic lane assist system (which bounces the car between the lines, so is no use for assistance really but might add safety a bit) or the more advanced travel assist system that is a level 2 autonomous driving system. In the VW ID.4, it is only the latter in the top spec, which is a pity. But I guess that doesn't bother most people who are new to EVs

Advertisement