Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi e-tron

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mun1

lukas8888 wrote: »
    Thank you, very informative, number 2 point, grants approved after the 1st July
    should that read ev under 60K.

No, ev under 60k still get grant after 1st july , its cars over 60k don’t qualify for grant after 1st july ( as per above post)

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

mun1 wrote: »
    Mine is on the boat (or in transit to the boat). Due in dealers on 16th June according to Audi tracker

Will you stick up some pics when you get it? First time I have ever ordered a car without seeing it in person first

Will do

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Pass123

Quite a few reviews online today - Autogefuhl (YouTube) the most comprehensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,734 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/audi/q4-e-tron/first-drives/audi-q4-sportback-50-e-tron-quattro-2021-review

I must say this actually looks quite good. Audi need to style more of there cars like this inside and outside as for the last decade or so they have had some of the ugliest cars on the road but this is good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Pass123 wrote: »

https://youtu.be/YrVd_9jnFTU

Just sitting down to watch...he's a great reviewer in fairness. Very detail orientated

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

Pass123 wrote: »

Thanks very much. The below is essentially going to be my car by the looks of it. Similar colour. S -Line 40, black pack. I couldn't afford those alloys though but it gave me a good idea of what to expect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEyIiP9MZvI

Virtual cockpit seems a bit smaller than the one i have in my Q5.

Looks a stunner of a car inside and out .

Real life Consumption seems to about 17kw/100km based on one of the reviews. Not sure of this is good or bad.

Initial Reviews seem very positive and i reckon it will be a big seller for Audi .

• Registered Users Posts: 65,128 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Real life Consumption seems to about 17kw/100km based on one of the reviews. Not sure of this is good or bad.

It really doesn't matter. As long as the car has the range you need. Who cares if the car costs €200 or €250 per year in fuel :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

unkel wrote: »
    It really doesn't matter. As long as the car has the range you need. Who cares if the car costs €200 or €250 per year in fuel :D

I used to think this too, but when you see the difference in 170 vs 270wh/km is on longer trips. 150kW to a car that gets 270wh/km is essentially 250kW to a car that gets 170 wh/km.

Of course, if you never fast charge and you're never waiting on the car, it doesnt matter if it does 200wh/km or 400wh/km

• Advertisement

Even if you regularly charge up at the likes of €0.79 / kWh Ionity (but obviously still charge 95% at home or at work) and your electron guzzling EV does 30kWh / 100km, it barely makes a material difference. Still easily 70%-90% cheaper than fossil fuel

I mean in terms of time spent charging, as opposed to cost.
    I'm not opposed to paying for faster charging (same as paying for takeout food, coffee etc) but the effect is lowered. 150kW in an etron in terms of "km added" is actually slower than 62-69kW in my old Ioniq

ELM327 wrote: »
    I mean in terms of time spent charging, as opposed to cost.

But that was the point that Nyland made recently. A car like an Audi e-tron can do a 1000km drive as fast as an ICE car, given that you need to stop anyway to go to the toilet, have a break and eat / drink something. The car is no longer the limiting factor. It's the human. Which is a bit of a quiet but significant evolution in our transition to EVs

unkel wrote: »
    But that was the point that Nyland made recently. A car like an Audi e-tron can do a 1000km drive as fast as an ICE car, given that you need to stop anyway to go to the toilet, have a break and eat / drink something. The car is no longer the limiting factor. It's the human. Which is a bit of a quiet but significant evolution in our transition to EVs
    the etron GT, not the etron 55.

Because the etron GT is way more efficient

Agree with the rest, I was actually only having this discussion yesterday. I did a return trip to cork yesterday in a fossil car and stopped twice on the way back.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Matqo

Tried adding adaptive suspension, unfortunately it doesn't seem to exist on the Irish vs UK configurator together with the 1st edition. Having the tech features bundled as per UK would also be a nice option. Anyone know if there's another way to at least get the adaptive suspension in IE?

My Q4 has arrived in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Tazium

^Did ya get it yet? What charger did you order for home if you don't mind sharing?

Getting it on 1st July from dealer.
    Had an eo mini pro 2 installed yesterday by electric Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Bif

Getting it on 1st July from dealer.
    Had an eo mini pro 2 installed yesterday by electric Ireland

Hi. Did you get a tethered or untethered version? Thanks.

Tethered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Half considering a change and thinking about going electric. Problem is that the Mrs won’t go back to a car after getting used to a SUV (XC60). No Model 3 for me.
    The Q4 etron looks like it might fit the bill but I just had a quick look on the configurator there and it got fairly steep quite quickly. Had to put on around 7/8k of options to just match our current yolk. Will deffo do a trip to the local dealer though to see what it’s like in person. Will keep an eye on here to see how you get on.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

mailforkev wrote: »
    Half considering a change and thinking about going electric. Problem is that the Mrs won’t go back to a car after getting used to a SUV (XC60). No Model 3 for me.
    The Q4 etron looks like it might fit the bill but I just had a quick look on the configurator there and it got fairly steep quite quickly. Had to put on around 7/8k of options to just match our current yolk. Will deffo do a trip to the local dealer though to see what it’s like in person. Will keep an eye on here to see how you get on.

If only half considering then maybe hold off for the Tesla Y given your mention of Model 3.
    I'd imagine next year for first deliveries but noone can be 100% on Tesla Berlin progress...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Tazium

Ordered the Q4, ETA of September now and hope to get the tracking details from the dealership shortly. My Mrs drove it last weekend among the Q3 Sportsback and the bigger ETron too. The Q4 won her over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Pity the Q4 is rwd not awd

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭bish76

Any idea about Q2 etron launching?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Pass123

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭MarkN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭celtic_oz

In fact, the cheapest Q4 e-Tron, the 35 model, with a 52kWh (usable) battery, 170hp motor and in basic Advance trim, tips the price scales (inclusive of grants etc) at €41,465 – or about the same price as a Skoda Enyaq 60.

So, your choice is this: a Skoda with a bigger boot, a 204hp motor, a 58kWh (usable) battery, and a 412km range, or go for the posher badge, the arguably sharper suit, and a 335km range from a smaller battery.

Irish Times article

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Been lurking on this forum for ages reading all the threads on various EVs, and have my GT arriving in a couple of weeks here in the UK - took a chance on Kemora Grey without seeing it when I ordered back in March, like what Bjorn had recently.

Pretty confident I've got everything I may need for UK charging but as I haven't been able to go home to see my parents/friends since last March I've the ferry booked for the 21st to Dublin and will be driving across and down to Wexford (presuming the rules change on the 19th as planned!!) and just doing some local trips for a few days before heading back. So pretty much days after I get my first EV I'll be embarking on a substantial journey. :D
    I've signed up to ESB e-cars (the card arrived amazingly quickly) so that should cover me for most charging I imagine. Presuming the Audi card that comes with the car will cover me for the Ionity at Gorey as I'll prob need one stop en-route from Manchester area according to ABRP (13% estimated on arrival from here to Gorey so hoping to see 250KW!). So is there anything else I might need to have pre-arranged for charging while I'm home?

Advertisement