Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

On the 3rd point, if Trump were to just quit then Pence would have no choice and have to become president?

Saying that if he were to run in the future he could slate Trump from on high and tell the world Trump was terrible but his hands were tied?

Yes ,he does , but he doesn't have to give him the pardon that Trump might have thought was part of the deal.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I have not seen his interview but did Trump actually say he will leave the White House once the Electoral College meet?

1. Does he actually believe they will go against the result?

2. Does that mean he is just leaving or quitting in December (that is when they meet right?)?

3. Will pense actually get his wish and be Presedient for a bit?

He said he'd leave the White House, once the EC have made their vote, but there was nothing specified in the answer about if that was in December or January and there was nothing implied in the question about that either... Just that he'd accept the results of the EC vote.

He separately was asked if he'd attend the inauguration and said that he'd already decided what he was going to do, but didn't give any indication as to if that was rant on Twitter, play golf, sulk in Florida or be a civilised human being and act like a president is expected to for the first time in his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1332352538855747584

This must be one his worst tweets in his long line of bad tweets.

He's making the accusations of fraud so the burden of proof is with him not President Elect Biden.

Really unreal what's happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

murpho999 wrote: »

Whats happening is Trump lost and is now humiliating himself, not at all surprising.

The system doesn't care if Trump concedes, yells a lot or Tweets about fraud. The transition has started, and Trump is out in January, Biden is in no matter what Trump says or does.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Whats happening is Trump lost and is now humiliating himself, not at all surprising.

The system doesn't care if Trump concedes, yells a lot or Tweets about fraud. The transition has started, and Trump is out in January, Biden is in no matter what Trump says or does.

I know there's nothing he can do and he's gone but I really am amazed at his behaviour.

It seems to be getting worse and his press outing yesterday was a disgrace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

secret US, saudi and israel meetings last week and now;

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/nov/27/mohsen-fakhrizadeh-iranian-nuclear-scientist-reportedly-shot-dead-near-tehran

An Iranian nuclear scientist described as the guru of Iran’s nuclear programme has been gunned down in the street in a town near Tehran.

Mohsen Fakhrizadeh was ambushed in the town of Absard, about 40 miles east of Tehran. Four assailants opened fire after witnesses heard an explosion. Efforts to resuscitate Fakhrizadeh failed. His bodyguard was wounded.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,547 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

RTE radio news ran a short audio clip today of Trump losing it with [I presume] a reporter for asking him a question reminding the reporter "I'm the president, how dare you ask me that, I'm the president" or words to that effect. I googled for info and found the last time Trump lost it with a reporter was back in April. Did anyone see a clip of Trump losing his temper with a questioner at an event yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

aloyisious wrote: »
    RTE radio news ran a short audio clip today of Trump losing it with [I presume] a reporter for asking him a question reminding the reporter "I'm the president, how dare you ask me that, I'm the president" or words to that effect. I googled for info and found the last time Trump lost it with a reporter was back in April. Did anyone see a clip of Trump losing his temper with a questioner at an event yesterday?

Yeah, Virgin Media News and CNN both showed it. He then went on to the next question which was about leaving the White House.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,075 ✭✭✭✭looksee

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/11/26/trump-thanksgiving-inauguration-biden-question-vpx.cnn

just more of the usual childish stuff, appropriately sitting behind that tiny desk in the tiny chair!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

robinph wrote: »
    He said he'd leave the White House, once the EC have made their vote, but there was nothing specified in the answer about if that was in December or January and there was nothing implied in the question about that either... Just that he'd accept the results of the EC vote.

I'm amazed how people are just accepting this for perhaps the most predictable man in the face of the planet. Here's a spoiler: he won't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

murpho999 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1332352538855747584

This must be one his worst tweets in his long line of bad tweets.

He's making the accusations of fraud so the burden of proof is with him not President Elect Biden.

Notice the dog whistle too in singling out those 4 cities

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

EnyeXiqW4AUE0Ar?format=jpg&name=900x900

He looks like he is sitting an exam.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I don't understand why this wasn't done at the Resolute desk? Seems curiously half assed for a man who likes to project big gestures of power at the White House ( the executive order signings, talking on front of the running helicopter etc)

Apparently the Oval Office is not suitable for press briefings, there isn't really suitable space, but he could have been in the press briefing room? Who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

pixelburp wrote: »
    I don't understand why this wasn't done at the Resolute desk? Seems curiously half assed for a man who likes to project big gestures of power at the White House ( the executive order signings, talking on front of the running helicopter etc)

He probably thinks that sitting at a smaller desk makes him look bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Too busy shredding documents in the other rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Windmill100000

He is such a bad loser. No proof at all of fraid, but uses every opportunity to say he has loads of it. How can anyone support this pos I will never know.

Gintonious wrote: »

Going by the interview he failed it.

Have an image in my head of them trying to get the copper wire, pipes and anything not nailed down out of the Whitehouse before the end of January.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Christy42

I'm amazed how people are just accepting this for perhaps the most predictable man in the face of the planet. Here's a spoiler: he won't.

He said himself he won't accept the EC vote when they go for Biden. He will leave the white House though. Presumably because he doesn't want to be taken by security.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,979 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

He is such a bad loser. No proof at all of fraid, but uses every opportunity to say he has loads of it. How can anyone support this pos I will never know.

It's the Birtherism playbook to a T. Falling back on old strategies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Would love to know who managed that press appearance. The tiny table and chair, the visible microphone stand, the absence of anyone else in the shot.

Either someone was making a point, or it's a similar fiasco in presentation to the press conference from a landscaping companies parking lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Would love to know who managed that press appearance. The tiny table and chair, the visible microphone stand, the absence of anyone else in the shot.

Either someone was making a point, or it's a similar fiasco in presentation to the press conference from a landscaping companies parking lot.

Because any actual professionals have long since departed. All that is left as sciophants, yes men, willing to agree with Trump. Either through a real belief in Trump or a fear or getting fired.

He fires anyone that disagrees with him, so it is no surprise that only those willing to accept anything are left. No serious professional would last in such an environment.

The only message being sent is that this is a completely incompetent administration, as has been evident from pretty much Day 1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭amandstu

Talking about the parking lot presentation ,there is an amusing skit on the BBC about what really happened behind the scenes.
    It was just a case of tangled wires , mixed metaphors and misheard exhortations after all.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000p8yf

15 minutes but good fun.

Agree with Leroy regarding the hollowing out of common sense and professionalism- it is a nice representative picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Windmill100000

The chair and desk. Is that some joke and he didn't realise it?

The chair and desk. Is that some joke and he didn't realise it?

Maybe it was the Ice Queen Melania . She is a wizz at interior design .

You'd almost begin to think there was a bit of subversion, even sabotage going on. Or a bit of revenge. Or maybe there is just no one left in the White House with even a mite of cop-on.

looksee wrote: »
    You'd almost begin to think there was a bit of subversion, even sabotage going on. Or a bit of revenge. Or maybe there is just no one left in the White House with even a mite of cop-on.
    Or is it just fortuitous and hilarious optics?

https://twitter.com/rudetuesday/status/1332214274454818816

He seemingly did the same in 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Could almost use the two pictures as a comparison:

-Donald Trump and all his supporters in the White House in 2017

-Donald Trump and all his supporters in the White House in 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1332773351018942465

Fully turned on Fox now. Burning bridges as quick as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1332773351018942465

Fully turned on Fox now. Burning bridges as quick as possible.

His love affair with the Fox and friends morning show was one of the great love affairs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement