Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,544 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

abff wrote: »
    Did I see somewhere that Tump has announced that he’s going to nominate a woman? No doubt it would be Ivanka if he thought he could get away with it. The fact that she’s not a lawyer might be the only thing to stop him.

There is a conservative judge [Amy Coney Barrett] on the lower benches on his reported list of possible nominees along with two other female judges and one male judge.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

aloyisious wrote: »
    A Fox News host had a discussion with Mike Allen co-founder of Axios AND Jamie Weinstein on what could happen if Trump and the GOP added a judge of their choice to the USSC. The discussion followed on from the report that Chuck Schumer had a phone conversation with other Dem senators over such a GOP move, what is now being called "The Nothing Is Off The Table" call.

One of the suggestions from MA was that the Dems [if they win the senate and presidency] may move to give Washington DC and Puerto Rico the status of statehood, meaning there'd be an extra 4 U.S senators. Adding extra judges to the USSC & scrapping the senate filibuster were on the MA theorized Dem wish-list as well.

At the moment, following on from a row between the DOJ and Puerto Rico dating from 2017 over the wording of a local resolution on Puerto Rico holding a referendum on whether to move from territorial status to one of statehood, the funding provided for by the U.S congress for a referendum has been withheld by the DOJ, blocking Puerto Rico from holding a statehood referendum. Puerto Rico has only one member of Congress as things stand now. https://thehill.com/latino/516976-puerto-rico-governor-asks-justice-department-to-reconsider-stance-on-statehood

The first thing they should do is a federal ban on gerrymandering. That would pretty much immediately rebalance things in their favor. NC for example, would go from 11-3 split for Republicans to roughly 50/50. The Republicans only maintain their numbers though chicanery.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

aloyisious wrote: »
    There is a conservative judge [Amy Coney Barrett] on the lower benches on his reported list of possible nominees along with two other female judges and one male judge.

Coney Barrett...a born again Christian. Just what the country needs :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

• Registered Users Posts: 28,070 ✭✭✭✭looksee

bobbyy gee wrote: »

I wonder just how, in their tiny minds, they think this kind of activity will encourage people to vote for Trump? It would have the opposite effect on me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

looksee wrote: »
    I wonder just how, in their tiny minds, they think this kind of activity will encourage people to vote for Trump? It would have the opposite effect on me.

Might make some people not bother voting though. I wouldn't want people shouting at me up close with no mask right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

They dont care, honestly they believe democrats and antifa or whatever this weeks big bad is are doing exactly the same as they are so they have to combat it. As usual with trumpettes its all about projection and the fear of the "enemy" whoever theyve been told it is now, they have been riled up to believe is coming to get them and their families.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

https://mol.im/a/8752063

Influencing left want a violent response to people doing what they can do legally.

https://mol.im/a/8752641

People turning up at officials houses demanding they dont do what they were chosen to do.

https://mol.im/a/8752197

If you go back to when the Dems were in power Biden would have done the exact same thing that the elected officials arnt allowed do now according to the mob.

Its crazy that the mob cant think back past last week but think they should be allowed make violent intimidating snap judgements.

Its just like when Cuomo was telling Trump there was noway he would lock New York down and that Trump had no power to lock it down, but now Trump gets blamed for not locking New York down.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/03/28/ny-gov-cuomo-says-trump-has-no-authority-to-impose-quarantine.html

People are very polarised here when it doesnt matter to them who wins and they arnt all that different.

Defunding the police was a disaster in Minneapolis just 2 months after it was started.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://whatsnew2day.com/minneapolis-city-council-alarmed-by-rise-in-violent-crime-two-months-after-police-budget-cuts/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwim1oT4lPjrAhWRURUIHQoNAhYQFjANegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw3HoSX78IC6yht8Y0s8-JPA&ampcf=1

The town council are blaming the chief of police for not defunding himself better it seems.

Theres also reports of the democrat policy of housing the homeless in the boutique hotels in new yorks upper west side has lead to the area turning into something like a mad max movie with mass exodus from the area of any tax paying people(alot of them democrats) to better run areas.

Oops they are defunding the police there as well.

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/manhattans-upper-west-side-mass-exodus-as-residents-flee-the-city/

Why is it so important that the democrats get in nationally if this is how they operate at local level?

I honestly think internet people believe the proven moscow hotel room lies and the questionable accusations that seem to be rolled out with the help of the democrat party in the run up to every election. If the democrats knew the moscow hotel story was lies when they ran with it, what other lies are they telling?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/pee-tape-trump-mueller-report-823755/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/2018/4/15/17233994/comey-interview-trump-pee-tape-russia

He is also bringing peace to the middle east and outside of the internet has been nominated twice for seperate peace deals he is brokering in the middle east and the balkans.

He hasnt started any new wars and seems like he wants to bring his boys home and let other countries shoulder the burden of keeping the world or oil supply line safe.

The taliban dont seem to be suicide bombing the western world anymore.

Are people really holding the grab them by the pussy tapes over him for all this time.

If he had of said he grabbed life by the balls would it been different?

Its quite bizarre all together, I think people take his press soundbites too serious and dont look at the great work himself and his team are doing. If a newspaper says he is doing good, people stop reading it and find one that says he is doing bad.

You can even see through forums around the world people that support him get banned off a thread for no real reason.

Sometimes I think if some people who spent all day argueing about Trump in a country that cant vote for him went outside and helped an elderly neighbour alot more good could be done than if Joe Biden was in charge.

You have to ask yourself, would you have backed anybody who was against Trump regardless of who they were?

If so your opinion shouldnt really count in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

My favourite bit. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,979 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Sometimes I think if some people who spent all day argueing about Trump in a country that cant vote for him went outside and helped an elderly neighbour alot more good could be done than if Joe Biden was in charge.

If I were in the US (where I can vote for Biden),
    due to Covid, I'd like to get a test before I offered to help an elderly person. Due to the massive ineptitude and out-and-out evil behavior of the #IMPOTUS administration (no national testing centers,) this is very difficult. And, I'd wear a mask but that neighbor might feel emboldened by Trump to not wear one. Or they might not be able to.

Not sure what the point is you're trying to make about Ireland and Biden though. Can you clarify your thinking there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

https://mol.im/a/8752063

Influencing left want a violent response to people doing what they can do legally.

https://mol.im/a/8752641

People turning up at officials houses demanding they dont do what they were chosen to do.

https://mol.im/a/8752197

If you go back to when the Dems were in power Biden would have done the exact same thing that the elected officials arnt allowed do now according to the mob.

Its crazy that the mob cant think back past last week but think they should be allowed make violent intimidating snap judgements.

Its just like when Cuomo was telling Trump there was noway he would lock New York down and that Trump had no power to lock it down, but now Trump gets blamed for not locking New York down.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/03/28/ny-gov-cuomo-says-trump-has-no-authority-to-impose-quarantine.html

People are very polarised here when it doesnt matter to them who wins and they arnt all that different.

Defunding the police was a disaster in Minneapolis just 2 months after it was started.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://whatsnew2day.com/minneapolis-city-council-alarmed-by-rise-in-violent-crime-two-months-after-police-budget-cuts/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwim1oT4lPjrAhWRURUIHQoNAhYQFjANegQIBxAB&usg=AOvVaw3HoSX78IC6yht8Y0s8-JPA&ampcf=1

The town council are blaming the chief of police for not defunding himself better it seems.

Theres also reports of the democrat policy of housing the homeless in the boutique hotels in new yorks upper west side has lead to the area turning into something like a mad max movie with mass exodus from the area of any tax paying people(alot of them democrats) to better run areas.

Oops they are defunding the police there as well.

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/manhattans-upper-west-side-mass-exodus-as-residents-flee-the-city/

Why is it so important that the democrats get in nationally if this is how they operate at local level?

I honestly think internet people believe the proven moscow hotel room lies and the questionable accusations that seem to be rolled out with the help of the democrat party in the run up to every election. If the democrats knew the moscow hotel story was lies when they ran with it, what other lies are they telling?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/pee-tape-trump-mueller-report-823755/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/2018/4/15/17233994/comey-interview-trump-pee-tape-russia

He is also bringing peace to the middle east and outside of the internet has been nominated twice for seperate peace deals he is brokering in the middle east and the balkans.

He hasnt started any new wars and seems like he wants to bring his boys home and let other countries shoulder the burden of keeping the world or oil supply line safe.

Are people really holding the grab them by the pussy tapes over him for all this time.

If he had of said he grabbed life by the balls would it been different?

Its quite bizarre all together, I think people take his press soundbites too serious and dont look at the great work himself and his team are doing. If a newspaper says he is doing good, people stop reading it and find one that says he is doing bad.

You can even see through forums around the world people that support him get banned off a thread for no real reason.

You have to ask yourself, would you have backed anybody who was against Trump regardless of who they were?

If so your opinion shouldnt really count in my opinion.

This is just a random selection of dumped links without any coherent discussion or argument. It just a load of word salad! If we could see a coherent point being made that is backed up by sound arguments, then we could engage on it. Or not. Otherwise, it just comes across as a set of random, loosely connected thoughts.

abff wrote: »
    Did I see somewhere that Tump has announced that he’s going to nominate a woman? No doubt it would be Ivanka if he thought he could get away with it. The fact that she’s not a lawyer might be the only thing to stop him.
    bobbyy gee wrote: »

Is such election interference not totally illegal? Why were the nameless SWAT police not called out and the whole gang of them arrested?

Like, Trump IS claiming he stands for Law and Order???

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Is such election interference not totally illegal? Why were the nameless SWAT police not called out and the whole gang of them arrested?

Like, Trump IS claiming he stands for Law and Order???

'Accuse others of that which you are guilty.'

Time and time and time and time again that phrase comes to mind.

When this tactic is used efficiently, a good portion of the population are left thinking both sides are up to something and so it isn't really that bad, or one is as bad as the other. Either way, those genuinely misbehaving have gained an advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,029 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

This is just a random selection of dumped links without any coherent discussion or argument. It just a load of word salad! If we could see a coherent point being made that is backed up by sound arguments, then we could engage on it. Or not. Otherwise, it just comes across as a set of random, loosely connected thoughts.

I tapped out, couldn't make it through it. Was like a trump stream of consciousness moment :D

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

It shows the madness of the anti Trump side and is totally backed up with links.

The left are calling for violence if Trump puts somebody in the judges seat.

Biden supported the same thing happening when he was the Vice President.

Then there is a pile of links showing how the extreme left policies are all failing.

Theres also a link showing Cuomo( a democrat) saying he is in charge of locking down New York and not Trump. He wouldnt lock it down until it was too late. Everybody blames Trump now for not locking it down.

It also shows the democrats accusing Trump of things they knew were false and still people on the left accuse him of.

Anyway Im not getting involved. Its all there. You can refuse to see it if you want. Im not going to reply much more because Id fear the ban hammer once I made anything that can be seen as a slight infraction of the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,979 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Anyway Im not getting involved. Its all there. You can refuse to see it if you want. Im not going to reply much more because Id fear the ban hammer once I made anything that can be seen as a slight infraction of the rules.

Sure you can't answer my question about helping the elderly neighbour? Trying to understand what your point is.

Igotadose wrote: »
    Sure you can't answer my question about helping the elderly neighbour? Trying to understand what your point is.

You could go the shop for them. But I guess you are being intentionally difficult. Collect their prescription. Wash driveway. Cut their grass. Reassure them that the protestors wont cause total mayhem upsetting the supply of medication or smashing up their homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,070 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You could go the shop for them. But I guess you are being intentionally difficult. Collect their prescription. Wash driveway. Cut their grass. Reassure them that the protestors wont cause total mayhem upsetting the supply of medication or smashing up their homes.

Well you could, though it seems like very leftist things to be doing, but what does it have to do with having opinions on who runs the country?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,129 ✭✭✭✭Water John

The only person upsetting their medication supply is Louis DeJoy (Dell Boy).

Well you could, though it seems like very leftist things to be doing, but what does it have to do with having opinions on who runs the country?

Spending every waking hour on out of american jurisdiction website watching and tryung to influence people on who they should vote for is wasted time that a demcrat who believes in helping each other could spend better.

Spending every evening rioting isnt a great thing to do with ones time either I suppose.

Spending every evening refusing to work with the tools you are given and blaming everything on Trump even though you had nothing under Obama or Bush or Clinton is also not very american.

You can spend 4 years finding out the inner workings of the planning department to decide Biden is better than Trump on one little thing or just blame Trump on stuff anybody would have done exactly the same is just driving more support to Trump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

I tapped out, couldn't make it through it. Was like a trump stream of consciousness moment :D

I suspect his phone may indeed be broke.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Mod note:

Please don't raise issues of moderation on thread.

If you have a genuine question about an ambiguity in the rules, please PM a mod or raise an issue in feedback.

If you don't have a genuine question about the rules, but want to make a snide comment about mod bias even though you've barely been posting in the forum a wet week, please send your query to someone who cares.

And also, while I'm here, no link dumps and, when people are replying to linked articles which support someone's comments, something more constructive than dismissing the newspaper they appeared in is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Not sure if this should be here or the election thread but wtf, is this a genuine account?

I was convinced it was parody or something but googling and replies to the tweets earlier about Biden seems to confirm its genuine.

https://twitter.com/FrancisBrennan

https://twitter.com/FrancisBrennan/status/1307760977060990983
    Everything about Trump is like an evil child.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,862 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

That's quite funny, i was watching that statement by Biden and it's really refreshing to hear someone who's cognitive and he certain didnt run away but infact got on Segway and drove off like a boss

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Christy42

It shows the madness of the anti Trump side and is totally backed up with links.

The left are calling for violence if Trump puts somebody in the judges seat.

Biden supported the same thing happening when he was the Vice President.

Then there is a pile of links showing how the extreme left policies are all failing.

Theres also a link showing Cuomo( a democrat) saying he is in charge of locking down New York and not Trump. He wouldnt lock it down until it was too late. Everybody blames Trump now for not locking it down.

It also shows the democrats accusing Trump of things they knew were false and still people on the left accuse him of.

What is your opinion on Trump's stance on revelling about the press getting shot with rubber bullets for doing their job? Are you for or ambivalent towards this or just ignoring it?

Slight difference between Biden calling for a justice 4 years ago and now. For one Mitch's rule of not putting one in in an election year hadn't happened.

Two that people have already started voting while Scalia died over 200 days before the election.

Admittedly they don't help your point but I still consider them important.

Gotta love how quick Mitch can move when it is something important instead of something like the corona virus relief bill.

Christy42 wrote: »
    What is your opinion on Trump's stance on revelling about the press getting shot with rubber bullets for doing their job? Are you for or ambivalent towards this or just ignoring it?

Slight difference between Biden calling for a justice 4 years ago and now. For one Mitch's rule of not putting one in in an election year hadn't happened.

Two that people have already started voting while Scalia died over 200 days before the election.

Admittedly they don't help your point but I still consider them important.

Gotta love how quick Mitch can move when it is something important instead of something like the corona virus relief bill.

If you slow things down and explain your points to me I will reply, to me it sounds like a few random things. Im not sure what you are asking but Im here with an open mind and if you explain what you mean I will hear them out.

And.... This relates to Biden how???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,029 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I see it being reported that Graham has shockingly done yet another 180 and said he will support trump in any effort to push forward on the nomination.

Americans have a thing about flip floppers and this is going to be one hell of an example of flip flopping from a whole lot of spineless, devoid of integrity bottom feeders.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

I see it being reported that Graham has shockingly done yet another 180 and said he will support trump in any effort to push forward on the nomination.

Americans have a thing about flip floppers and this is going to be one hell of an example of flip flopping from a whole lot of spineless, devoid of integrity bottom feeders.

I can only assume that one of The Donald's people re-shared the iPhoto drive to Lindsey!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

https://twitter.com/BWJones/status/1307919432547618817

So much to unpack here.....

Firstly it looks like Trump has actually created international precedent for local ownership of US owned tech giants. It really makes you wonder if the people around him gave him the tiktok story as a kind of plaything to keep him amused telling themselves "well what damage can he really do with this?"

Next it looks like somehow the whole thing also was a completely pointless excercise as somehow Bytedance are still claiming they will own 100% of tiktok global.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement