Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,979 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

This I can agree with. He only works for his supporters, backers and voters.

Democrats would favour their supporters, backers and voters too.

There is no real revelation there.

He's not elected to work for just a subset of the population. Would he not defend, if some country tried land troops on the shores of California? He's hypnotized his base like yourself to believe 1) that he's actually working 2) that it's acceptable to only care about a subset of America. It isn't, never has been. This is why Kushners limiting PPE early on to 'red states' as has been reported is so heinous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭amandstu

Igotadose wrote: »
    . This is why Kushners limiting PPE early on to 'red states' as has been reported is so heinous.
    Yes ,agreed . What is the actual name for that kind of moral dereliction?

A name or category would help to highlight it to those who don't see it,maybe..

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

He's not elected to work for just a subset of the population. Would he not defend, if some country tried land troops on the shores of California? He's hypnotized his base like yourself to believe 1) that he's actually working 2) that it's acceptable to only care about a subset of America. It isn't, never has been. This is why Kushners limiting PPE early on to 'red states' as has been reported is so heinous.

And to further the fact that if you didn't vote for him , he couldn't care less what happens , yesterday at a press conference when trying miserably to defend him Covid19 response he said "If you ignore the blue states , we did very well"

After trying to claim that it would have been millions dead if not for him he said
    “So we’re down in this territory,” Trump continued, “and that’s despite the fact that the blue states had had tremendous death rates. If you take the blue states out, we’re at a level that I don’t think anybody in the world would be at. We’re really at a very low level. But some of the states, they were blue states and blue state-managed.”

So , if you're a democrat voter, he doesn't care if you die.. That's not a President of the United States , that's not a President of anything - That the leader of a faction.

And - Just to remind people as if it were necessary , he is of course talking crap - whilst the early deaths were largely in Blue states (New York etc.) , it's now pretty much 50:50 - Not that that should matter in any way shape or form of course.

67ZYUJTPMRB3XICJPNZXVAD55A.png&w=600

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

I'm not his base. You could have made your point without trying to get in a dig at someone who has a different opinion than yourself.
    I posted that he has only worked for his supporters. You managed to agree, argue and try to insult me at the same time. There is no need for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,535 ✭✭✭swampgas

I'm not his base.

And yet every argument you make defending Trump says the opposite.

Are you simply being contrarian for the sake of it?

If you were a US voter, would you vote for Trump?

• Advertisement

swampgas wrote: »
    And yet every argument you make defending Trump says the opposite.

Are you simply being contrarian for the sake of it?

If you were a US voter, would you vote for Trump?

A post I made yesterday might clarify my thoughts.

Me:

"The world will get cooler- I don't believe that
    Coronavirus is not worse than the flu - I don't believe that

Trump as president cutting taxes, promoting growth, creating jobs, scrapping regulations, enhancing border controls.
    I believe in them (if I were American)

I would vote for the policies not the man.

Some Trump supporters are racist. No doubt.

Some Trump supporters are business owners who benefited from lowered taxes.

Some Trump supporters are relying on their 401ks for retirement and see him as a better economic president.

Some Trump supporters are worried about crime and see him as a better choice for law and order.

A few examples out of a country with 320 million individual opinions and potential voting reasons

You pigeonhole everyone in together and you lose sight of the reasons why people might vote for Trump"

Hopefully that answers your questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,143 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

A post I made yesterday might clarify my thoughts.

Me:

"The world will get cooler- I don't believe that
    Coronavirus is not worse than the flu - I don't believe that

Trump as president cutting taxes, promoting growth, creating jobs, scrapping regulations, enhancing border controls.

I would vote for the policies not the man.

Some Trump supporters are racist. No doubt.

Some Trump supporters are business owners who benefited from lowered taxes.

Some Trump supporters are relying on their 401ks for retirement and see him as a better economic president.

Some Trump supporters are worried about crime and see him as a better choice for law and order.

A few examples out of a country with 320 million individual opinions and potential voting reasons

You pigeonhole everyone in together and you lose sight of the reasons why people might vote for Trump"

Hopefully that answers your questions.

Yet with those 'middle America' you mention, Trump being a climate change denier, lying about the voracity of covid 19, emboldening the far right, an adulterer, (I could go on and on and on) all those negative qualities aren't a deal breaker to them

duploelabs wrote: »
    Yet with those 'middle America' you mention, Trump being a climate change denier, lying about the voracity of covid 19, emboldening the far right, an adulterer, (I could go on and on and on) all those negative qualities aren't a deal breaker to them

Looks that way alright. Really shows the division between Republican and democrat voters. Such is life

• Registered Users Posts: 15,483 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Of course there are reasons to vote for Trump, the issue is whether these reasons are outweighed by the reasons not to vote for him.

200k+ dead (or soon to be) and a POTUS that seemingly doesn't care if you die but happen to live in a 'Blue' state.

Nepotism, corruption, all that time golfing, tax cuts for the reach, massive national debt.

No plan for the future economy. No plan on climate change (whether you want to accet it is human driven or not, something needs to be done to protect people from it effects).

It has increased divisions within the country, which if you care about the country should be a real concern.

His tacid, and sometimes less so, support of racist organisations. His failure to control the 'left wing militia' and the threat it brings (this is of course according to him, statistically the right wing is more of a threat).

Failure to deal with the right wing threat. Failure to deal with gun violence. Failure to improve the infrastructure.

That is before we get into the more subjective views of him as a person, the US standing in the world etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Christy42

Healthcare was a major part of his campaign 4 years and was also a complete and embarrassing failure. It showed his negotiation skills for what they were when he couldn't convince the party that spent years voting to get rid of Obama are to vote against Obamacare.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I wouldn't believe in them. He inherited a booming and expanding economy from Obama and has mismanaged it to a point where the growth in the economy was slowing dramatically. Any growth was artificially inflated by the administration pumping money into the federal bank creating a nice ponzi scheme scenario. The high stock market was an illusion that was ready to collapse at any minute for the next administration to pick up the pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,544 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    And to further the fact that if you didn't vote for him , he couldn't care less what happens , yesterday at a press conference when trying miserably to defend him Covid19 response he said "If you ignore the blue states , we did very well"

After trying to claim that it would have been millions dead if not for him he said

So , if you're a democrat voter, he doesn't care if you die.. That's not a President of the United States , that's not a President of anything - That the leader of a faction.

And - Just to remind people as if it were necessary , he is of course talking crap - whilst the early deaths were largely in Blue states (New York etc.) , it's now pretty much 50:50 - Not that that should matter in any way shape or form of course.

67ZYUJTPMRB3XICJPNZXVAD55A.png&w=600

If I was a Republican voter in a Blue state, I'd be jumping ship or party after hearing Trump speak about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

aloyisious wrote: »
    If I was a Republican voter in a Blue state, I'd be jumping ship or party after hearing Trump speak about them.

They're like frogs in a pot as the heat is slowly turned up. The ones taking a step back and looking at the state of things have surely hopped out at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,129 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Will the Committee that Redfield was before yesterday call him back to clarify what he said? Trump says he misunderstood the questions and answered incorrectly. Calling him back to know did he wish to amend his evidence would surely be the right thing to do.
    I listened to the two questions and answers and thought his answers were very clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭amandstu

Water John wrote: »
    Will the Committee that Redfield was before yesterday call him back to clarify what he said? Trump says he misunderstood the questions and answered incorrectly. Calling him back to know did he wish to amend his evidence would surely be the right thing to do.
    I listened to the two questions and answers and thought his answers were very clear.

He would probably try to find a formula that meant all things to all people.

If he gets sacked ,would that be to anyone's benefit as he would be replaced with someone more to Trumps liking?

With Trump it is corruption by a thousand cuts as he roots out instances of independent and science based thinking and replaces them with unqualified lackeys.

kowloon wrote: »
    They're like frogs in a pot as the heat is slowly turned up. The ones taking a step back and looking at the state of things have surely hopped out at this stage?

Thinking about it, it'd suit him down to the ground if Red voters shifted to Red states, ensuring the party vote en bloc.

Watching the clip of Christopher Wray on CNN testifying that Russia is interfering with the U.S presidential election process by specifically targetting Joe Biden makes me wonder what way the White House press secretary will report it. I can imagine Trump will have a take on it which conflicts directly with Mr Wray's understanding of the FBI evidence but cant imagine him being stupid enough to try tell the public that Wray is mistaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Looks that way alright. Really shows the division between Republican and democrat voters. Such is life

"Really shows division" and "such is life"... ???? REALLY???

Thats all you can say in respect of this?

FFS! Shamefully reductivist post!!!

TomOnBoard wrote: »

Yeah I should be jumping mad about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

Yeah I should be jumping mad about it.

LOL...at least you are honest.
    He cut my tax bill! I've had my fun and that's all that matters!
    Three "Trumps" for Donald Trump!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,129 ✭✭✭✭Water John

TomOnBoard wrote: »

Add: 'it is what it is'.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So Donald trump knows more than the head of the CDC now ? it must be wonderful to live in a real life version of the world Homer Simpson found himself in that was all chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,407 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So Donald trump knows more than the head of the CDC now ? it must be wonderful to live in a real life version of the world Homer Simpson found himself in that was all chocolate.

Well he claimed he knew more about ISIS than the generals so this idiotic claim by him doesn't surprise me in the least.

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Pleeease do not do anything to associate my hero Homer J. Simpson with Trump. Such an association would not even be fair to Sideshow Bob!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

transylman wrote: »
    I don't know, the 'Trash of the Titans' episode was literally the story of the Trump presidency.

It's incredible how reflective of reality it turned out to be.

The waffle, the cheap laughs for the crowd and ultimately, the outcome.

A 2220 history class should just download that episode straight to the students frontal cortex and schedule it to play during a REM phase that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

It's incredible how reflective of reality it turned out to be.

The waffle, the cheap laughs for the crowd and ultimately, the outcome.

A 2220 history class should just download that episode straight to the students frontal cortex and schedule it to play during a REM phase that night.

I actually referenced this episode weeks ago on one of these threads, homer calling his opponent old man Patterson is exactly what Trump supporters are doing to Biden.

amandstu wrote: »
    Yes ,agreed . What is the actual name for that kind of moral dereliction?

A name or category would help to highlight it to those who don't see it,maybe..

Words like Evil come to mind..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

https://twitter.com/jamesdoleman/status/1306910130307584000

Was going to write that this could be a bombshell moment but then just thought Trump and his followers will say fake news.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,006 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Roanmore wrote: »

Was going to write that this could be a bombshell moment but then just thought Trump and his followers will say fake news.

That story broke back in February in one of the earlier extradition court appearances.

It didn't make a difference then , it won't make a whole lot of difference now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Roanmore wrote: »

There isn't a bombshell moment at this stage. It literally makes no difference what Trump does now - you only have to look at the impact of the Bob Woodward conversations and his remarks on US military veterans/dead. Both of which have made close to zero difference in recent polling.

As I said a few days ago, Trump could come out and take a massive dump on live TV and it would make no difference to his voter base. This is the most remarkable thing about this Trump cult. The brainwashing is so extensive that there is literally nothing that could take him down in their opinions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement