Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,597 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Does anyone care about OTW cards anymore?

They used to be cool because you were basically guaranteed to have the best version of that player for most of the year, but now there's every chance that player gets a card 5 ratings higher than your OTW in a Flashback SBC or just as part of some random promo team. Look at the OTw cards from this year, none of them were any use all year apart from Ben Yedder and almost every single one of them has a better card avaiable.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

My memory too is it took a while to actually get them, meaning you couldn’t really build your initial team round them.

By the time I got my OTw Joeliton, I’d already gotten better strikers than him.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    My memory too is it took a while to actually get them, meaning you couldn’t really build your initial team round them.

By the time I got my OTw Joeliton, I’d already gotten better strikers than him.

That's the case with all bonuses you can earn before release it seems, even the feckin Anchor card you can get for 21 during this promo doesn't actually get given to you until the second week of FIFA 21 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Hogey007 wrote: »

So if DeBruyne wins, are we getting a ridiculously expensive SBC for his poty 99 card?? Will he get a 99 card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Mr Moon wrote: »
    So if DeBruyne wins, are we getting a ridiculously expensive SBC for his poty 99 card?? Will he get a 99 card?

requirements:

one testicle

first child

3 pints of blood

90 rated squad

sign over your soul

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Finally did the 3 any TOTS packs.....

Duplicate Obinhem
    89 Olympiakos goalkeeper
    Kovacic

Not even an SBC to use them in.

Mr Moon wrote: »

Depends which sbc guy we get, the generous one who wants to keep people playing fifa or the guy doing most of the sbc’s lately

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

92+ TOTSSF, moments icon SBC and 5x 89+ pack... as predictable as ever :pac: hope the 85-92 upgrades come back too.

https://twitter.com/futwatch/status/1294091644594200576?s=21

If they don’t add in loads of specials again, I can’t be bothered by any of them...

• Advertisement

Where are we supposed to get the fodder for these SBCs, there have been almost no decent value SBC players and no Objectives lately, 86 cards are 35k on the market ffs.

Where are we supposed to get the fodder for these SBCs, there have been almost no decent value SBC players and no Objectives lately, 86 cards are 35k on the market ffs.

Lacking fodder? Why not spend €100 on packs? Might get something special then.

:rolleyes:

Whats really bad is coming out of Summer Heat, as much as power creep had exploded, I was feeling quite good about the game. Was ready to pre-order, and was thinking that since I actually have some disposable income (compared to usual), I'd probably buy a good few starter packs too. The game was fun, the icon SBCs were ultra easy to grind through.

And this promo hit and it's killed my interest stone dead. And I'd say I'm pretty hardcore in terms of time investment. But I've not played in weeks now, since the promo began. It's been awful compared to the standards they've set, especially with Summer Heat, and just leaves me terrified for the next game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Speaking of spending money on packs, and sorry if this thread is not the place to discuss it, but I've pre-ordered FIFA 21 and was just wondering what the best way to get a bit of a hard start for the new season would be as I want to start putting a strategy in place.

I read the initial FIFA 20 FUT thread with interest over the last few days and there was some great stuff and tips included especially from yourself, Lord TSC.

Based on that I'm thinking I'll drop €100 on FIFA points for packs on day one of early access (I'll get EA Access for the extra 10 hours).

Is the best thing to do then just open them and sell whatever I get (unless it's something big) before the general release date when prices should start to drop due to more and more people opening packs and listing players for sale?

Also finding a few players who you can purchase and flip for a few hundred coins profit over and over again? I know Lord TSC you mentioned in the initial FIFA 20 thread that Giroud and Pope worked very well for you early doors as an example.

All I want to do from my early access is maximize a head start. I've no interest in playing any matches with it.

Thanks guys.

Yeah, I think you've got most of how I usually handle it. I'll probably read back over that part of this years thread myself, and see if I made any other notes or thoughts I'm forgetting about.

Usually load up about €50 for packs, sell pretty much everything. I think I usually don't even worry about building much beyond a very basic team. Its all about getting trading going on the app for me.

Mixing between 10 of a player, and a few individuals as well. I know some like Hogey are incredible at playing the market (in terms of being able to predict when cards will spike hard, and turns big profits as a result), but I tend to be happier with the more steady, less risky income. Grab 10 of a card, list them at double price and let one tick a cycle. I'll happily give examples of who I'm using when the game launches. Generally, you're looking for easy to link PL strikers. Giroud was great as a cheap, French, PL striker from a bigger team. Pope worked because every team needed a keeper, and he was one of the cheaper rare English PL ones.

But the specific player will be hard to nail down until you see what ratings, prices, etc are. Smalling was amazing 2 years ago, but awful this year cause he wasn't rare. Maguire took his place a bit this year; English, big club, but low rated and low priced (due to his speed). But every time there was an SBC, he'd spike up from 1k to 2k.

Basically, a rare PL player from one or the top 4 teams, easy nationality to link, to is preferably round 81-82 rated, and somewhere round 1500 coins. United had a few examples this year (Maguire, Shaw, Bailly, Lindelof). Liverpool too (Oxlade-Chamberlin, Milner).

That 94 blanco is 50k to do from scratch, cheapest 94 on market is 110k.

Would bring down price of any 87/88 rated team a bit.

There’s an icon for completing one set of weekly objectives, looks handy enough.

Cool they're giving out an Icon but I can't see myself playing 18 games to get it :pac:

Cool they're giving out an Icon but I can't see myself playing 18 games to get it :pac:

You can just play rivals instead of squad battles so not sure why that’s even there as when you get the 8rivals wins you’ll have it done (unless you win 8 in a row)

So it’s basically just 8 rival wins for an icon if I read it right? Not on console anymore so could be wrong

You can just play rivals instead of squad battles so not sure why that’s even there as when you get the 8rivals wins you’ll have it done (unless you win 8 in a row)

So it’s basically just 8 rival wins for an icon if I read it right? Not on console anymore so could be wrong

yeah and 20 rivals goals :D got 92 kruse from the 90+ sbc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

First part is 10 squad battle matches on Pro difficulty (or rivals) and second part is 8 rivals wins so 10 matches minimum on Rivals if wanting to avoid Squad Battles

Boulders8 wrote: »
    First part is 10 squad battle matches on Pro difficulty (or rivals) and second part is 8 rivals wins so 10 matches minimum on Rivals if wanting to avoid Squad Battles

Yeah so unless your exceptional you’re going to play 10 rivals games to get 8 wins and you’ll more than likely have got 20 goals in the process :)

Yeah so unless your exceptional you’re going to play 10 rivals games to get 8 wins and you’ll more than likely have got 20 goals in the process :)

or like me and have people rage quitting 15 mins into the game and messaging me asking me why am i playing like a wet ? wtf is a wet ?

will end up having to go into about 40 games if it keeps happening :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Only back from hols, did I miss much?
    G2 red picks:

88 Eze
    95 MATS
    91 Guilherme
    91 Laba

88 Andre
    92 Hamdallah
    85 Cash
    86 Tang Miao

6 games now not 1 has reached half time, 7 goals 4 wins 2 games where i was 0-0 and 1-0 down when they quit

I hope even one person from here gets a good Icon from that pack, because the odds are not in your favour.

I hope even one person from here gets a good Icon from that pack, because the odds are not in your favour.

my expectations are base inzaghi so anything above that is cool with me, and i'll launch it into the other icon sbc :D

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

looks like anyone with Ansu Fati won't get anymore upgrades 4-1 to bayern

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

cintec wrote: »
    looks like anyone with Ansu Fati won't get anymore upgrades 4-1 to bayern

I have Coman so all is not lost but in the great scheme of things would have been more useful to see Fati get the upgrade as I already have summer heat Coman, Perisic and Diaby

Advertisement