Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 20 Ultimate Team (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    They’ll argue that they “gave away” a lot of top tier cards as player objectives at the “end” of the season. Trouble with that is once Covid struck and the season became delayed they failed to delay those end of season cards until the end of the season and come up with some alternate content to fill the gap in between.

So now we’re in a position where those who have grinded all year literally have nothing to spend it on because they’ve handed out cards which are just below the elite tier level and rendered 90% of high rated cards obsolete. And those that have only dipped in and out all have the same team now made up of those same “free” cards but with no means to actually improve on them because to do so you need TOTS R7, Messi, R9 etc.

The game has just been left stale now for the final bit of its cycle and with everyone playing each other with the same players head to head it just brings the unbalanced “game flow” gameplay back firmly to the fore and everyone frustrated once again.

Yeah defo a case now that no matter how hard you worked all year people will have squads almost as good, and that’s fine, it’s the end of the cycle so people should be able to have a bit of fun with great cards at this stage.

My issue was that up until tots, there was very few sbc’s worth doing, they were either overpriced or just not good enough.
    Last year we always had icon sbc’s on the go but even leaving that aside, they had plenty of other opportunities, bruno potm costing 1 mil was insane, mane potm, way too expensive.

In 18 and 19 the potm’s were usually good too along with the icon sbc’s, potm hazard and potm auba stayed in my team for most of the game.

Without going into too much of a bigger essay, what I mean is, they don’t want you getting cards that will stay in your team for months via sbc’s.
    It’s all becoming lottery based, here, submit an 87 squad for a chance to get shapeshifter cr7 but more likely get some 86 rated card you’ll never use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Giggsy_

New 89+ double upgrade out

Got De Gea and Chiellini from it

Stay well clear

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Going to play a Man U WL next week after that Greenwood card came out.

This weeks stats below...

WLResults09-08.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Giggsy_ wrote: »
    New 89+ double upgrade out

Got De Gea and Chiellini from it

Stay well clear

totssf paulinho and ter stegen, looks like it cost close to 300k to do according to futbin :D you'd want to be mad to do it from scratch with coins

did joao felix havent used him yet and 5-1 in WL so far prob stop at 14 wins again

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Rough day for packs :pac:

8MRX2lt.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Busquets and Kane in mine... way to reel me back into the game, EA :pac:

Koulibaly and de gea in mine, completely proves my point from yesterday about them moving towards these random lottery sbc’s.

It was a ridiculous priced sbc but did it as nothing else to use fodder on.

So fut reveal today.

3 things I feel it needs

1. Icon sbc’s back
    2. Fut Champions extended by at least a day (30 games in 3 days is not healthy)
    3. Cup competitions with specific entry requirements. E.g. championship only, rep of Ireland players only, eredivise only, etc. just change them up every week.

Kinda hoping today passes and there’s nothing to tempt me to get fifa21, this is def the last hurdle I need to clear. If all 3 of the above were added it’d be tempting, but I don’t expect they will be.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

They've already announced a restructuring of Rivals, so that you only get rival points from your first 30 (i think) games.

So I'd love to see a restructuring of WL too.

Zero chance of Icon SBCs back though. They point blank do not want you to get certain icons. If they did, they'd have left specials in packs to let people churn through the current Icon SBCs. The fact they still are terrified you might get to try some of them shows they won't want to go back to the old format.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    They've already announced a restructuring of Rivals, so that you only get rival points from your first 30 (i think) games.

So I'd love to see a restructuring of WL too.

Zero chance of Icon SBCs back though. They point blank do not want you to get certain icons. If they did, they'd have left specials in packs to let people churn through the current Icon SBCs. The fact they still are terrified you might get to try some of them shows they won't want to go back to the old format.

Yeah they really seem to be changing sbc’s to be a thing of chance rather than letting you know exactly what you’re getting, I can see more and more of these lucky bags in fifa 21 as usually people get players that don’t suit their team.

The cap on rivals is helpful and will cut down on some of the division hopping but I think a certain percentage of people will just stay permanently in a lower division than they actually should be just to get objectives done easy.
    But yeah it’s a good step.

• Advertisement

The big thing with SBCs this year is that they almost always had them be slightly behind the power curve. With Icons you can build a player that can remain in your team all year but this year you barely saw an SBC player in top teams until Summer Heat came along.

Also I have a sneaking suspicion that even more, if not all, SBCs will reward untradeable packs next year.

The big thing with SBCs this year is that they almost always had them be slightly behind the power curve. With Icons you can build a player that can remain in your team all year but this year you barely saw an SBC player in top teams until Summer Heat came along.

Also I have a sneaking suspicion that even more, if not all, SBCs will reward untradeable packs next year.

Yeah 100% on the player sbc’s. Even when they added the hazard moments one (which was very expensive) they then went ages without adding to it. (I think it was you who made a couple of posts on the huge gaps between player releases)

And on the odd occasion when they were obligated to do a good player sbc though potm, Neymar, Messi and bruno they just priced them so no one would bother doing them.

No fitness in FIFA 21!!!!

Also, Torres is an icon:

https://twitter.com/futdonk/status/1292836847815741442?s=21

No fitness in FIFA 21!!!!

Also, Torres is an icon:

https://twitter.com/futdonk/status/1292836847815741442?s=21

And vidic :)

Not enough to keep me though, I’m out :)

(Even the rivals thing won’t fix the division hopping as only the first 30 games count towards your weekly points but games after that still counts towards skill points and you can still get promoted, so people still free to hop about the divisions)

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Does that mean players don't get tired? so pressure tactics would become very overpowered.

cintec wrote: »
    Does that mean players don't get tired? so pressure tactics would become very overpowered.

no, stamina would still drain in game, just that it would be refilled after every game and you dont have to buy squad fitness.

Promo started 9 days ago, Champions League is back tonight, we still haven't seen one of these yet

OiB47Iz.png

Still nothing on these.

Looks like today’s content was the fifa 21 trailer!

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Still nothing on these.

Looks like today’s content was the fifa 21 trailer!

dont forget the mixed rare players pack for an 85 rated squad at half time of the united game :D:D

chips1234 wrote: »
    dont forget the mixed rare players pack for an 85 rated squad at half time of the united game :D:D

:D

Untradeable pack too

This pre-season promo has really gone down in flames :pac: especially compared to the previous promo, which is arguably up there with one of the best in FIFA.

• Advertisement

And vidic :)

Not enough to keep me though, I’m out :)

(Even the rivals thing won’t fix the division hopping as only the first 30 games count towards your weekly points but games after that still counts towards skill points and you can still get promoted, so people still free to hop about the divisions)

Actually see the 30 rivals cap as a negative thing now if I’ve read it right, the fact people can still get skill points and get back to their own division for rewards doesn’t stop the division hoppers.

But it means now that if you’re in div 5/6 and play someone who should be in div 1/2 and you’re 3 down after 10 mins and quit it’s one of your games gone.
    Whereas before it didn’t matter, you could quit and just move onto next game.
    I also imagine it’ll be a lot sweatier with it being capped at 30 with people wanting wins more.

Actually see the 30 rivals cap as a negative thing now if I’ve read it right, the fact people can still get skill points and get back to their own division for rewards doesn’t stop the division hoppers.

But it means now that if you’re in div 5/6 and play someone who should be in div 1/2 and you’re 3 down after 10 mins and quit it’s one of your games gone.
    Whereas before it didn’t matter, you could quit and just move onto next game.
    I also imagine it’ll be a lot sweatier with it being capped at 30 with people wanting wins more.

surely it cant get any sweatier than it is now :D:D i have no idea what div im supposed to be in, because i started so late, im div 5 now almost div 4 if i put in the time to get there, easily got 14-5 in WL this weekend( 1 loss v a hashtag pro when i was 7-1, 1 stupid loss, and the other 3 my team refused to cross the half way line :D ) im gonna guess my ceiling atm is 17-20 wins and i basically always rush to get my games in on a sunday rather than do what i tell myself and space them out over the weekend. In saying that im also guessing weekend league is alot tougher atm too with alot of weaker players done with the game, although again ive no idea if this is true or not.

"Sorry, we realise that this is an issue but we're not gonna do anything about it even though the game doesn't come out for another 8 weeks, maybe next year"

https://twitter.com/EAFIFADirect/status/1292895989871685635?s=20

Also just from skimming that trailer I have to laugh at the placeholder rewards they put in Objectives, an Ultimate Pack for what will most likely actually be a 2 player pack reward :pac:

ngDhCPT.png

Half-time SBC is a Gold Players Pack, that's 1 (ONE) rare gold player.

Half-time SBC is a Gold Players Pack, that's 1 (ONE) rare gold player.

they were generous tho and made this one tradeable loooooooool

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Vidic and Cantona? Lovely.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Vidic and Cantona? Lovely.

really nice batch of new Icons for this year, though said the same about 20 and then Drogba was unusable and Zidane was unobtainable (yes yes I've seen your Icon pack :p)

really nice batch of new Icons for this year, though said the same about 20 and then Drogba was unusable and Zidane was unobtainable (yes yes I've seen your Icon pack :p)

Wish there wasn’t a meta tbh. Everyone just being usable.. one of my impossible wishes for the game. Then everyone would start to enjoy themselves, hopefully.

After getting moments stoichkov in icon sbc yesterday I figured I’d be able to make a pretty decent Barca past and present team.

Picked up zambrotta, pep, koeman and Rijkaard to fill in some gaps.
    It was probably more fun building it than using it.
    Just starting rivaldo ahead of griezmann for first match as I have rivaldo about 2 months and not used him once.

Already have my united team, might do same for Real, juve, bayern to use up my last 3 mill and use icons I wouldn’t usually use.

46-AAF199-0722-427-F-A131-A87-A207-DDE17.jpgbetta shock

Last 4 players in reserves are just loans.

• Advertisement

Already have my united team, might do same for Real, juve, bayern to use up my last 3 mill and use icons I wouldn’t usually use.

Actually before I build the juve, real, Bayern teams if I get time tomorrow I’ll do another icon sbc, whatever player I get (no matter how good or bad) I’ll build a team from one of his previous clubs.

If they won’t give me content, I’ll just create my own fun :)

Advertisement