Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National Party

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Jesus, it's not that hard to find... This back and forth of people claiming to be unable or unwilling to search these things out makes for unbelievably tedious reading.

Whether you agree with what Holland said or not, she should be allowed to give her opinion when asked in the media without being subsequently stalked by threatening 'citizen journalists'. People like Dwyer are the absolute dregs of society.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

A surefire way to ensure people don't vote for anything he's associated with.

I'd say literally so in the case of any female voter who sees that video. With the possible exception of Rebecca Barrett, but she's presumably voting for herself in the Euro elections…

• Registered Users Posts: 33,166 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

It's not about it being hard to find it's about baking up.your point of view. I have no idea what the poster has specifically seen even i know who these people are, and if we've seen the same thing from two different viewpoints, who can we have a debate?

ThanKs for the link, but how do i know its the one the poster has seen?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,759 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Where did I reference your post count? If you think I've broken a forum rule report me, fyi backseat modding is also against the rules....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,698 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

If your point isn't important enough to back up, it's not important enough for me to research for you.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I said that when I was on the March last week people mentioned a number of names to me as “good prospects” for election and I said P Dwyer seemed decent enough from what limited knowledge I had of him at the time.

Of course I don’t condone the reasons he got fired from an post but it was years ago and not overly relevant to his political career or ideology.

I disliked the video of him drunk giving abuse to the taxi man - no need for that, I hope Philip apologised to the man who was just going about his lawful business.

On k Holland video - she’s a journalist who is extremely controversial and I think Philip was entitled to ask her questions but he should’ve just let her walk off silently - a damning sign of her own petulance and intellectual cowardice/ arrogance- than follow her

On G Pepper - he is very active on the migration issue and very passionate - I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets elected

Same goes for D Blighe but he is based in cork and I don’t have much first hand info on him - I know of course the loony left vilify him and all of the others calling for a sensible migration policy , that is “priced into”’ my deliberations

also I know as well there is a project fear effort by the big parties to undermine independents and the parties calling for a new approach to migration - everyone should take heed of that

You have to remember that it's not just the "loony left" that will vilify people with populist agendas and questionable moral codes when they run for office - it's anyone who can see the propoganda and false accusations. The loony left doesn't even make up a very large demographic of the electorate.

Also, being passionate, does not make someone a good candidate or even a nice person.

There is not one person from any of these parties that I would see as having a good handle on the problems you raise. The raise the issues - sure - but they don't offer ideas or policies as to how to solve the problems.

Problem - mass migration into ireland. Ok….

Policy - make Ireland more Irish by having a higher poulation of Irish-born people.

Solution - ???

Issue - a lot of foreign nationals have kids born here - how are you going to deal with that?

Solution - ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

Except he's since faced charges for harassing creche staff and seems to harass numerous people on a weekly basis. And just because the dog situation was years ago, it's a pretty big sign of the character of a person if they abuse animals. I don't think you only discovered these people a week ago and so far, none of them seem like decent people as you claim.

there are 2 others I recently came across on Twitter who I would ask open minded ppl to consider

1 is the Irish Inquiry - he seems to be based in Mayo and is a clever and informative man regarding migration in that county. In some of the videos he absolutely runs rings around elected politicians and exposed their duplicity.

Worth a look. I’m not sure if he is running for election, but if not he should, he comes across as very smart.

The other goes by “Big Ferg” he seems to be a veritable mountain of a man but has his heart in the right place from what I can gather. he is a striking figure who can be seen proudly marching with his beloved tricolour.
    He is running for local election in south dublin.

He seems to be “in” with Gavin Pepper and is a “character” from some of the clips i watched.

On his Twitter he alleges he was illegally arrested last year at a peaceful match.

There is also a video where a Sinn Fein rep seems to “collude” with a guard to get Ferg arrested. Looks dodgy to me.

I know the usual suspects will be on now to heap opprobrium and insults on me, and the persons I mentioned in my posts. however I do not post for their benefit, but for undecided voters who are considering their options and want to support sensible migration candidates.

• Advertisement

Yawn, in fairness you seem to like fascists. Now it's just promoting random thugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭lmao10

I have been guilty of not voting in the past but myself and my entire network of friends will be voting and it won't be for the fascist scum that's running that's for sure.

just to avoid any doubt, no way in hell I’d vote Justin Barrett - he comes across as seriously unhinged and detached from reality.

He is like someone having a massive midlife crisis/breakdown in real time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Can you point out what the differences are between Barret, Dwyer and Blighe? Although I'm not sure maybe Dwyer is the only actual convicted criminal.

What are your opinions on the polices of the National Party, think you forgot to tell us.........

You'd just vote for people who knowingly joined a party being led by a Nazi? So you'd exclude one Nazi but the other ones are ordinary decent Nazis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭mountain

you can add Blighs brother Tommy Murphy (running in local elections) to the convicted list

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I've seen that video of yer man, big Ferg, getting arrested outside of a Spar. He's an absolute scrote and there is nothing sensible in his approach to migration. It's appalling to see these arseholes wrap themselves in the Irish flag and demean it with their vile rhetoric.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

But you'll vote for other fascists who were willing to join his party, co-lead it with him, have him 'mind' their nazi gold, etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭francois

None of those filth will be elected. They're going to find out that likes from nazi accounts in the US and UK on social media doesn't translate into votes

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭8mv

This has to be a **** wind-up. 'His beloved tricolour ' FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,592 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

When can we expect to see Pepper's video on this attack on a Councillor or the Smithfield attack mentioned recently?

He does want to protect Irish women, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,195 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

I look in vain for the word "delighted" in the stated poll question.

Do you have a source that backs up the claim you made? I'm guessing not; if you did, you'd have linked to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭Shoog

Inciting hatred will be a criminal offense shortly so they can be prosecuted for their activities. That is what the hate speech legislation is all about.

Surprisingly you can be a right wing politician without inciting hatred against minorities and individuals - it just harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Hamachi

If you’re referring to McEntee’s hate speech legislation, that remains to be seen. It’s currently mired in the oireachtas and won’t be enacted anytime soon. Its greatest proponent is also its most significant liability.

Do you perceive this Dwyer character as a politician? According to others on this thread, he’s a violent scum bag with no redeeming features. How nice of you to legitimise him.

Anyone can promote themselves as a political activist, doesn't stop them been a violent thug.

No one is legitimising Dwyer and the hate speech legislation will deal with anyone promoting violence against minorities. It will pass since we made a commitment to pass it to the EU.

Bringing it back to Kitty Holland, given her guest appearance in this thread, I’m inclined to agree. She needs to learn that her words and statements have consequences. If she attacks somebody who disagrees with her ideologically, intellectual cowardice and petulance simply won’t cut it as a response.

All of which needs to be caveated by the fact that it’s your personal opinion.

Simon Harris is pandering to the more conservative elements of society but the deal is done regarding the passing of the hate speech legislation.

• Advertisement

Simon Harris and the current administration may very well not be around to enact this legislation. Several FG and FF TDs have also openly expressed reservations. Sinn Fein has reversed course.

If it’s a done deal (your opinion), the version passed will be so watered down as to be rendered virtually meaningless. It’s not stopping Dwyer and a proliferating number of his ‘colleagues’ continuing their activities long into the future.

Advertisement