Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National Party

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,257 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Which candidate will you (or would you if in the same constituency) vote and which of their polices do you feel you would support?

It's a bit like saying a pedophile only abused one child…

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭8mv

We got one as well - from Derek Blighe, also Ireland first so I suppose they have an agreed text. Apart from all the other infantile shite on it, they used one of the latest MAGA buzzwords "uniparty" (I heard it used by MTG a few days ago - it was new to me anyway) and, as pointed out by francois a few pages back, could not be arsed to take the time to check or proof-read the document and allowed it to be printed and distributed with 'Padraig Pearce'.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭Augme

If being confused about one's gender is grounds for being locked up in a mental home the surely the consequences for people who believe a man could walk on water, turn water into wine, loafs into fishes and, last but certainly not least, came back from the dead should be much worse?

• Advertisement

For a group of people who don't want to labeled nazis, they're going out of their way to act like nazis by locking up undesireables and non-conformists.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Who among us hasn't dressed up as a goblin and felt up some bald guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭boetstark

The bleeding heart crew that shout loudest about open borders and the Palestinians does not make you guys representative of average joe either.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,425 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Once I decide, I will not be posting it on here for ppl like you to sneer and throw insults at.

Who will you be voting for Princess?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Ive decided to vote for Derek Blighe.

Not because I want him to be elected (i most certainly dont) and not because I agree with everything he says (i most certainly dont).

Im going to vote for him in the hope that he gets a good amount of votes to put the wind up the others but not enough votes that he gets elected.

The current approach to immigration is just not working for anyone only the profiteering venue owners. Its not working for the legitimate refugee, the chancer refugee or the local community and it needs a radical overhaul.

Im voting for Blighe in the hope that he doesnt get elected but gets enough votes to jolt the powers that do get elected into making serious and necessary change to actually properly help the legitimate refugee, weed out and remove the chancers and do so with community involvement.

Bring on the hate. Im well able to take it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,167 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

People did that with Brext and then googled "What is the EU?" on the 24th June 2016. That's your reasoning.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Not that it will happen here thanks to our far more robust electoral system - But that kind of "protest" voting is what got the UK Brexit and the utter disaster that ensued.

People voted for UKIP Gimps , not because they liked them but to "give the others a fright" which in turn caused Cameron to agree to the stupid Referendum where again people decide to vote for Brexit not because they wanted it but to "send a message".

And look what it got them?

By all means register your dissatisfaction with the Government but voting for someone for reasons other than you actually wanting them elected or seeing their policies enacted is a dangerous path to go down as the law of unintended consequence is a bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭Get Real

Would you not just spoil your vote in that case?

It's probably better than voting for someone who you don't actually want to be elected. That's a dangerous road. I get where you're coming from/your frustration though.

Spoiling your vote is a legitimate democratic decision imo.

Small scale, imagine a town of 1000 people. There's a few candidates but nobody worth voting for. Imagine the majority of people took your approach, all individually thinking

"I'll vote for candidate 3, we all know he's a racist and x,y,z and I don't want want him elected, but it'll give the others a scare and they'll amend their policies slightly, to more reasonable ground"

Lo and behold, other voters process based on this logic and this strategy ends up mistakenly electing the mad, undesirable candidate that nobody actually wants.

Now, imagine the same town and individuals took the approach of spoiling their votes thinking "I don't like candidate 1 and 2 based on their past or current performance, and candidate 3 is a madman who is too extreme for me, none of them are suitable"

The town ends up with more than 50% spoiling their votes. It is THAT that will make the mainstream/more reasonable candidates assess their policies and really listen to the people when the election has to be re-run.

Na. If by some freak he does get elected he cant do anything anyway. The members of the EU parliament are as rudderless as a local councillor, and frankly the EU approach to migration needs a radical over haul as well.

Brexit was very different, there are still a sizeable amount of people in the UK that are delighted they have left the EU, its hovers around 33/34% in regular polls.

I may as well not vote as spoil my vote.

I 100% see this as the only way to legitimately register a protest against the current governments approach to immigration, its just so bad that something needs to change and this can be the opportunity to give them the kick that they need.

The only candidate who has spoken sense on this topic is Michael McNamara, hes excellent, intelligent and balanced but would be wasted in Europe unfortunately but his work deserves it.

So you haven't actually decided then which means you don't know.

Answers my question perfectly

• Registered Users Posts: 34,494 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

If there's a thread about Party X and someone not only admiringly posts about Party X, but says they know a candidate of Party X and thinks they're grand altogether, it's perfectly reasonable to ask them both which candidate it is and what policies of that party appeal to them.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Worse. People did that with Hitler.

ffs

(a) that'll never happen

(b) even if 99% of people spoiled their votes, there'd still be a winner elected and the fewer valid votes cast, the more nutty the winner will get.

(c ) it'll change nothing as the TV Deflector TD or whoever, will rant and rave but achieve nothing so will be totally ignored by everyone else.

(yep Donegal really did elect a TV Deflector TD - at least he wasn't a racist, as far as we know)

Government by the 34%, for the 34%!

But that's not far off what their fecked up electoral system usually delivers. Thatcher won three terms with large majorities in Parliament but each time most people who voted voted against her party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,331 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Only if you consider everybody who doesn't favour the reversal of Brexit to be "delighted that they have left the EU". If you ask them whether they are "delighted that they have left the EU" I don't think you're going to get a 34% endorsement.

Still, this kind of wilful misrepresentation of the truth is the whole foundation of the Brexit movement. Why stop now?

Just because you dont like it doesnt make it a misrepresentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Polar101

Now, this isn't in any way related to Irish elections nor do I disagree with anything you wrote - but Russia used to have a system where you could vote "I oppose everyone" and in some backwater town that was the winning result, because the voters thought all candidates were crooks.

I guess they don't have that system or actual elections any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭ArthurDayne

• Registered Users Posts: 26,331 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Indeed. What makes it a misrepresentation is the fact that it's false.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,167 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Going to need a source for that 33%.

To be honest, I smell the latest cynical tactic for defending the fascists. First, it was that they're all the same so it doesn't matter how you vote. Now, it's the monumentally stupid and cynical idea that voting for them will alter the main parties' attitude.

Most people like the status quo. It's why over 80% of Irish people support the EU and why they keep electing FF and FG.

If you want to vote for Nazis, go ahead but at least own it and ditch the excuses.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

ppl should view Gavin Pepper latest videos regarding an alleged attempted child abduction in dublin yesterday.

People are absolutely sick of what is going on.

The video and incident happened around the Marker Hotel and Grand Canal dock.

No interest in trawling the internet's toilet for racism, thanks.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
Advertisement