Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil Servcie mobility scheme

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Joris Bohnson

If you are a union member I would suggest asking your union to request stats.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Irl.gtb

Finally got movement this week - out of Dublin hopefully at last via mobility pre offer for Dept of Education. :) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭cuttingtimber22

• Registered Users Posts: 2 civvy1

Hi. Anyone on a list for Co. Laois, EO. Just wondering if it’s moving at all

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Rasher_Sausage

Hi all, I was successful in getting placement for mobility. I am just wondering if anyone else who was succesful, if you had issue with your department releasing you in the 20 days rule.

I have issue where on I am on leave and the 20 days rule falls within that period, so my department wants me to come back for 4 days after my leave before I start in my new role. I asked can I take these 4 days as leave but has been refused, even though it is within the 20 day rule, and by the time I start in my new role it will be 30 days.

Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Usually any leave arrangements wouldn't carry over to the new department.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Sibyl_savant

I've had a quick look through this thread so far but do not see my question(s) so if it has been answered then I would just appreciate a link to that instead of/in addition to a rap on the knuckles.

This is a kind of how long is a piece of string, how long should a man's legs be but here goes.

Where on the list will someone be before they can reasonably expect a mobility offer?

Whilst I realise this depends a lot on the grade and the number of positions in that zone all I will say

i. in one case the grade is EO and the number is over 250.

ii. In another it's also EO and the number of position in the zone is between 20-30.

iii. In another it's HEO and the number is 100

iv. In the final it's HEO and the number is 20

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Kirbi

I think it really depends on too many factors for a guideline that suits all.

a) There are vastly fewer posts reachable from some wait-lists than others e.g. the list for Revenue COs in Limerick city tends to move quickly, but lists for AOs in Limerick would be slow (if they move at all).

b) Those above you on a list may must be Eligible and off-Hold to receive an offer - it's entirely possible to be the first "transactable" person on a list at 35, 40, etc.

c) An organisation can be running an internal competition at any time, which can slow the rate of mobility offers (generally because the org 'owes' Internals to the sequence.)

d) Different sequences apply at each grade, and different forms of mobility too - CO/EO only have waitlist, but AO/HEO have waitlist and advert, and either can be used to fill mobility sequence slots.

e) Attrition rates for retirement etc. differ across organisation, grade, location - so the number of vacancies arising can vary a lot, even for lists with surface similarities.

f) The relevant appointment sequences are nationwide, so the competition and mobility lists impact each other i.e. if a department owes to Inter-Departmental on their EO appointment sequence, but the Dublin batches are expended in PAS, then Dublin appointments are more likely to be done through Mobility, while Regional ones are used to fulfill the obligation to Inter-Departmentals on the sequence.

Those are just a few, but it shows how difficult it can be to get a reasonable idea of possible timelines. That's why it's sometimes recommended that people make contact with the relevant HR to get their take on it, as they'd probably be aware of the above issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,612 ✭✭✭billyhead

Is anyone else finding the mobility lists moving at a very slow pace? I'm on lists for Departments in Dublin and the numbers are hardly moving for the AO/HEO grade. With the demand for a return to the workplace on a more regular basis for staff do others expect an uptake in retirements and people leaving the service which will have a knock on effect on the mobility lists moving quicker?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Bobby2004

I was flying up the list for my preferred location last year. Moved over 50 places in less then a year. Since the start of this year i've only moved a handful of places and i've completely stopped as of 3 months ago. Currently stuck at no 29 for my location. Since it has stopped is it possible everyone ahead of me is ineligible or on hold?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭laoisgem

I don't think people ahead of you being ineligible or on hold would stop everyone else's application from processing. If they've taken in 50+ in a location they just probably don't have any vacancies to fill at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Shuffl_in

Are you on hold? If so it is possible that the top 29 people are on hold and they're filling positions from the 30s. No idea if this is the case, you could contact them and ask.

I think a lot of people have their mobility on hold until blended working policies are revealed.

Is that how it works. If your say number 20 on a list and 1-19 have been placed on hold and the Department needs to fill a position on mobility you will be offered a position at number 20?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Shuffl_in

I'm open to correction but I've always assumed so. What else would they do?

Not on hold myself. I just went up a handful of places this year and i've been at number 29 last 3 months for my preferred location. I was going up steady 3-4 places a month last year( at one stage jumped 7 places in a week). Kinda hoping everyone ahead of me is in the same boat and either not eligible or on hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Gusty156

Just wondering if anyone has seen any significant movement in the Zone 46 Dublin list recently for EO looking to go to Dept of Agriculture or Rural/Community Development?

Agriculture was moving steadily from October to April (about 34 spaces) but only moved 1 space between April and June. Sorry I can’t check Peoplepoint myself as I’m AGS civilian.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Yes. I moved to my current department on mobility. From memory I think I was number 13 on the waitlist for my current department when I was offered the move so it came a little out of the blue. I presume everyone ahead of me was either on hold or wasn't eligible.

DAFM had an internal competition recently so that might explain why it hasn't moved as quickly as before.

😂 after not moving for months finally went up a spot to 28 today. Hopefully starts moving regularly again.

What position are you going for? CO, EO, HEO, that will effect movement also.

• Advertisement

EO. Looking to get back to education in Athlone. Far nearer to home. Ineligible for another few months yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭757TFFIU

This morning I finally received an email advising me of my pre-offer of mobility.

The pre-offer email advises of the following: "Find out more about the position: You are advised to contact the Receiving Local HR to seek information/role profile for the position on offer in order to make an informed decision".

As such, I contacted the relevant Department's HR Division to make enquiries regarding the position they were offering me. While the person I spoke to was very nice and phoned me almost immediately after emailing them, they were unable to actually advise me what position was available, or provide any information what-so-ever about the position that had opened up and was now available. So, I am unable to make an informed decision, because the Receiving HR division don't actually appear to know where they want to put me. 🙄

A bit irritating to say the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

You're a couple ahead of me ;) Also ineligible for a few months yet :D

So I've reached the top 10 on the list for one of the big staffing Departments for Dublin. I presume I should receive notice of a mobillity transfer before Christmas anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Butterfly182

Anyone else's department blocking mobility at the moment? Justice has been for several months.

Has anyone been keeping an eye on the lists for HEOs in Dublin and seen much movement over the Summer. I know it depends on the Department but has anyone noticed any trends as to whether lists remain static or move frequently?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

I wonder if it’s monitored by DPER/Unions to see if Depts are taking the number they should be.

with EO/HEO panels running out from InterD/open competitions, it would seem majority get taken from these and I presume internal competitions.

Perhaps the NSSO (Peoplepoint) are meant to monitor the filling of vacancies. I'm sure some Departments back fill positions owed to mobility however a lot of the lists as indicated by posters in this thread hardly move so you would wonder if compliance with mobility moves is rigourously enforced.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Kirbi

Yeah, it's DPER who keep an eye on it - I don't know exactly how they go about it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Rasher_Sausage

Wheres your evidence of this happening??? |What the Union said on it, if this is actually happening.

Advertisement