Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamepass quests Microsoft Redeem points

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Can't even use the "inspect" thing on the desktop for the mobile points any more now 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

The Elite 2 wireless controller is €125.99 direct from MS right now!

I cashed out 5 x €25 gift cards and got me a controller on the way for 99c :)

Happy Xmas to all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

• Registered Users Posts: 10,354 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Such a good controller. Ruins all normal xbox controllers once you've used it.

Yeah, I've run the one that came with the Series X into the ground at this stage, so looking forward to it!

That reminds me, got 2 new in box controllers that I never used that CEX will give me €85 for, so I'm making a profit :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I've hit 100k in points but I'm out now. Definitely not worth the time it takes to put in anymore for me personally. Was fun for a while and playing different games to pick up points to keep streaks going and stuff but don't think I can keep it up. Now what to do with these points??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭Treppen

I'll take them if you're not using them 😁

But ya I haven't bothered with dailies for over a week now. I just do the 250 weekly game, but even at that I find I download the game and get to it days after.

This week's one is another ridiculous chore, play for 1 hour? Screw that. I just wedged the controller down the side of the couch so the thumbsticks were engaged. Could they not make the challenges interesting?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Julez

I cashed out 240k-ish points for £160 Amazon vouchers, put it toward the meta quest 3.

Not bad, don't forget your referral reward before you activate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭gmg678

cashed out €150 worth, bought a couple of games from the sale. Will slowly tip away at gaining points again but not the same effort as before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

They make it difficult to keep at it. I bought an Xbox controller and USB adapter for Windows back in November, and received no points for it, twice I've had to get on to support and they've eventually credited my points balance with 70 points. I thought it was 20 points for every € spent, but looking at it now I'm not sure if that's just the Xbox store or Microsoft one.

Yeah it's meant to be 20:1 if you were level 2 with gold when you bought it, which you most likely were!

I've checked it before when the amount didn't seem right, as recently got 146 points against a purchase near €9

Turns out they only gave me 20 times points on the exVAT price!

FFS 😑

I've gone back to them again, they really do seem to be killing this off slowly

As expected changes have arrived in the New Year!

Weeklies are down! No more 5 point play or 250 point task.

But monthlies are up! The old 1,000 point one is back!

Seems to balance out to me and no game specific stuff, unless that was an omission?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,159 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

45 daily quests to get the 1000pts, so not possible to do without getting the achievement one a good bit. Can't see myself getting that one done.

There's still a 500pt one too at least.

Yeah, doing an achievement every other day is a bit of a chore alright.

Just to follow up on this and Microsoft are adamant that the 1 point per € spent I received is correct which is not what their website says but at this stage I can't be bothered going back to them again and logging another ticket

Another response sent. I've purchased from the store before and never received points but never followed up (Wasn't overly concerned at the time) but it's frustrating me now considering they've made it a whole lot more difficult to earn points and I could have bought the controller cheaper from Amazon, but went with Microsoft to earn a few points

• Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I bought Baldur's Gate 3 the other day with half MS points/half cash (€70 in all) and got like 1,500 MS points

• Advertisement

Actually that's a fair point benny, I got points when i bought RL currency at the start of Dec, but I don't remember getting points when I bought the elite controller at the end of Dec!

I was going to say that maybe it was because I purchased with store credit that I got from points, but birneybau got them, so I might have to follow up myself :(

Play a game on PC

What's the smallest game to download 🤣

I had Fallout Shelter installed!

Clicked on that and got 50 points!

The microsoft solitaire collection used to work for other countries before, but I tried that and nothing popped.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,354 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Where did you see this quest?

I was on the rewards site just there, I noticed that €25 of Microsoft credit is 23,250 points. But €25 of Tesco or Apple or whatever is 37,850. Big difference...

There are some extra quests and a streak to be earned on mobile now it looks like. I think play a PC game is daily, 50 points, so some good points to be made there but its a little hit and miss to actually trigger. Try Solitare on PC, log out for a few seconds then log back in and play.

Tried with just Solitaire there and it works fine, but I think you need to leave it run for about 5-10 mins, then it pops!

Played a round of cards too to pass the time, and got 50 points soon after!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,159 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm not seeing that pc game quest in the mobile app, which app are you seeing it in exactly?

This one, you can't turn in points on the Xbox gamepass app anymore. It's a pain going between the two now.

That's the app I use alright, quest not there for me though.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I've Xbox beta also and it's there too, but should be on the non-beta app also.

It's on the right-most icon, with your avatar, the sections are now Rewards, Posts, Achievements and About.

Advertisement