Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamepass quests Microsoft Redeem points

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

The xbox cards are better value but only have something like 90 day validity. Amazon are good for a year (or so I've been told).

Weird irony in the fact that I just bought The Last of Us from Amazon using vouchers from Xbox Rewards - £45 for a 10 year old game is a bit of a eyebrow raiser in itself and that's the cheapest I could find (most places charge that for 2nd hand from what I can see!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

The earn a trophy in a game pass game quest (or whatever it's called these days) has been obnoxiously slow in popping for me the last few days - every other one is fairly instant but not the trophy one I want my 5 points!

and 5 points is not to be sniffed at during these meagre times

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Preparing myself for what will be nerfed on the xbox for points collecting this month, once it refreshes later on 😬

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Spencer was interviewed there recently, and mentioned that they doing something with Xbox Achievements. I wonder if they're going to tie the rewards into achievements?

• Advertisement

Looks like we got away with it this month, stuff looks the same as always!

So that could be something they bring in in the new year then 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

190 weeks - they're going to scrap it before I get to 200 aren't they? 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭Treppen

Still not getting the 5 points for trophies, every other quest pops instantly, but the earn a trophy one is flaky at the best of times, very frustrating

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,156 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

That stardew valley quest is horrific, spent a good twenty minutes at it and I only got one fish, think I can live without the 250pts.

• Advertisement

It's probably the worst of the monthly ones alright - wasn't as bad for me this time and seaweed also counts towards the total

You can buy a better fishing rod in the shop beside the peer.

Also don't start mashing the button when your fish bites. Do nothing and the fish will stay around the bottom, then you get a better feel for it by tapping sparingly.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,156 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

No issue catching them when I get one, it's the fish not showing up often enough to begin with.

Weird maybe I got lucky, try by the river just west of the pier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Julez

Try find spots with bubbles in the water, tend to get more frequent bites there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,350 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I went down to the fishing shop and just fished off the pier. It took me 2 in-game days to get through it. Make sure you use the training rod as it makes it very easy to catch once hooked.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Don't think it needs to be fish that you catch. Seaweed counts as well, but boots and newspapers don't.

GP daily achievements not popping is up on the outage page!

Didn't realise they were paying attention to it!

Also, not a hope in hell i'm doing that Stardew quest!

I nearly broke down in tears the last time I had to do it :D

Follow chicken possible video. Just took me 30 minutes.

Hopefully this is why daily achievements haven't been popping for me - although I did my usual this morning and had one to turn in but didn't earn any achievements yesterday. Possible they're manually doing them?

• Advertisement

Did ye see this week, some game has to be played for a whole hour for 250 points??? 🤣

Safe to say, I'm officially cashed out

I thought that one was in before, it's actually one of the easier ones as you just fire up the game then go do something more fun for an hour 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 10,350 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

If there's an hour of gameplay, start game, put controller somewhere that has the joystick moving your character and watch a TV show...

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭feargantae

I had Elder Scrolls open via xCloud for an hour, kept the controller moving and the reward didn't come through. Downloaded it and did the same thing and still nothing.

Anyone else having this issue?

Worked for me earlier, I kept the game open, moved around a bit and went to quests and it was able to be turned in

5 points popped when I got an achievement just now, so seems to be working again!

Also, yeah we've had hour long tasks for points before.

Still, it's 50 times more than popping an achievement these days, so nothing to be sniffed at!

Daily achievement back working but now desktop searches not working for me 😄

Yeah, none of the daily set are popping either!

They are some shower of cowboys when they want to be over there at MS 🤣

Fixed desktop searches by logging out and logging back in, but now daily achievement isn't popping on Xbox 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Same thing for me-played approx 30 mins. Completion tab still showing 0% completed

Advertisement