Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamepass quests Microsoft Redeem points

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Was thinking something similar. Series X would cost me circa €250 with points. Really don't need a disk drive & I've only a 1080p telly, so unsure if I'll ever get the full use of an X

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,155 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Looks like the 12 points for 4 searches in Edge is gone, so daily searches are now 150pts instead of 162.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I think they've killed it now - they've put a slowdown on the browser searches. Not sure if it was like that yesterday

After I did my usual "open all" saved searches, this all that popped. Not really worth the effort.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,155 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah it took me two to three times the amount of searches today just doing them manually, first time that has ever happened to me.

I think I'm officially out so. My bank isn't too bad but was hoping to get enough for next proper gen, what I have is just shy of £275 I think

• Advertisement

Reddit having a bit of a meltdown over this. People expecting Rewards redemptions to be nerfed next

• Registered Users Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭Treppen

Keep saying it guys. Get registered on the Ambassador's program before they phase that out too. They'll probably cut the levels and leave the current batch where they are. If you're level 4 you fly through the quests in 2 months to get the free GPU.

It's a far better return on investment than rewards if you consider all the daily clicking and messing we have to put up with.

I'm pretty much losing the will to fight for searches that don't register on the rewards program. Their plan is working.

Really though I think console days are numbered in terms of sales volume. Same way physical CDs went online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Last post of the previous page, I said I reckon there's a 5 second cooldown on points totting up!

If you don't wait that 5 seconds, the points don't come.

Someone might find a way around it, but it used to take 1 second to open all those tabs before, that's gone now!

It seemed more intermittent than that to me today, one time I got 9 points from three quick clicks, another time it was every second click. Seemed all over the place.

Oh really, I get no joy with quick clicks now! Opened 30 tabs in edge earlier and just 2 counted for 6 points!

Had to manually do 28 more searches!

I used to just search the alphabet 1 letter at a time before the tabs thing, might go back to that now if it's more convenient haha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

The penny pinching continues...

One f**king point!!

yup, just saw that, the ones that were 5 points yesterday are now 1

I'm just shy of having enough for £220 Amazon/Tesco/Argos vouchers, seriously considering getting to that and calling it a day

I just checked and I have been on the program since I don't remember when (obviously). I may have a look.

I'm just a little sad that it looks like the cheapest decade in gaming history may be coming to an end. I suppose I should be thanking MS for that at least.

Incidentally, I bought a PS5 yesterday, looking into the costs associated with that which I'm not sure I can bodge around. . .how is the thing selling so much?!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,350 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Children want the PS5 because their friends have PS5s and for whatever reason it's become the go-to console. If parents were more clued into these things and the cost of them, the Series S + GPU would be the go to, it's makes no sense financially to do anything other than that.

I was talking to a neighbour the other day (he's 13) and he was telling me he's getting a PS5 for Christmas. I asked him why - it's because all his friends have one, and he wants to play Rocket League and Fortnite with them...

Sniping all the points until everyone gives up!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

It's becoming more and more annoying.. I did both mobile and desktop searches this morning and they were all registered but they've disappeared now and new ones not registering either. On the up side, the jigsaw puzzle is back (and ironically registered 3 searches..)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭dbloke

At least they gave us a Xmas present

Fiddy Cent. Lol

Was that in your outlook email?

Post edited by Treppen on

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭dbloke

It was on the Rewards web page when I logged in this morning. Where they have also reduced most of the activities to just 1 points. They giveth and they taketh away!

• Advertisement

Mass bans being handed out for region hopping, automation etc according to reports on Reddit

Edit - actually it seems a lot of innocent people getting chopped. I've cashed out for Tesco vouchers, cheap xmas this year!

Post edited by theteal on

Jesus I better cash out asap I got 2 accounts running on one Xbox and same phone 🤣

Yeah, screw this. I've not done anything wrong but I don't want to be one of the unfairly banned ones so I've cashed out for 2 x £49 in Amazon vouchers 😅

Just finishing up with rewards app on console and I have to do 50 bloody bing searches (on my 2 accounts😁).

It was taking about 3 minutes to turn in one mobile search. I uninstalled and downloaded again and now seems to be back to normal.

Puzzle pieces back since yesterday!

Just requires 3 searches to complete.

9 points for 6 days and then 100 for the 7th day.

154 points per week with a bonus 1,000 for completing the 12th week.

If I was pushed for a guess, I think they may use this to take over from the other daily points for PC and mobile searches.

What is the reason for this to exist otherwise? 🤔

Cashed out too. Initially on Xbox it said there was an error... contact support...

Went to PC, wouldn't go through either but with no support recommendation.

Jumped into mobile and it worked, converted both accounts to the same Amazon account gift card for €60.

Tempted to open a third account now 🤣

Just checked the r/Microsoft rewards page.

It's carnage over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

I dont see any option for Amazon gift cards on Xbox or the app. Where are people here seeing thr option to get Amazon cards?

I just go into redeem on rewards dashboard website or the bing app and it's there as an option.

See does this link work: https://rewards.bing.com/redeem/000806000001?ref=recommendedsku&form=perbnr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Cheers,that link works. I checked the app there and never noticed the 'see more' option on that earlier so I can see them in there now too. Sounds like that's what most people are using them on so I'm guessing that's the best option. Had originally thought of Xbox store credit, but not much I need there. Have 80k points, might cash them out tomorrow

Advertisement