Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA UFC 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Is the submission system still the same? I noticed it looks different on screen if anything it makes the whole thing seem even more confusing!

Ha yeah, they said the new sub system is easier but everyone had problems with it in the beta. I posted a video here this morning where a guy shows how the new sub system works.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Ha yeah, they said the new sub system is easier but everyone had problems with it in the beta. I posted a video here this morning where a guy shows how the new sub system works.

Seen that just haven't given it a look yet. I was hoping they would tighten it up a bit because it was one of the main things I had issues with last time around. Got to the point I was trying to avoid fighters with high sub stats as if they got u down you where ****ed ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

From Reddit, but make sure to explicitly close the application and not just switch off the console etc to ensure the timer doesn't stay running for ea access

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

stephenl15 wrote: »
    From Reddit, but make sure to explicitly close the application and not just switch off the console etc to ensure the timer doesn't stay running for ea access

Hopefully there is a glitch for the timer, previously this existed on madden and other games. It wasnt on Fifa last year but was the year before, worth keeping an eye on twitter and reddit anyways and see if anyone mentions one.

• Advertisement

Big patch dropped this morning, lot of changes, some absolutely brilliant like you can now skip the 'emote off' at the start. Also, it was funny how Wonderboy tweeted at EA joking about his head size and now the're fixing it.

https://www.ea.com/games/ufc/ufc-4/news/closed-beta-changes

Also, Gameplay Deep Dive release:
    https://www.ea.com/games/ufc/ufc-4/news/new-gameplay-deepdive
    Full Patch List:

General
    Added training manual feature. Learn the controls and the meta behind submissions, striking, ground and pound, and the clinch. The training manual can be found under offline modes in main menu and game help in the pause menu
    At launch UFC community tutorial videos will be added as well, these will cover deeper gameplay meta/strategy including ground game and submissions
    Added skip functionality to pre-fight and post-fight emotes
    Fixed an issue with lack of blood/damage when playing consecutive matches
    Fixed issue causing notable ear deformation
    Fixed facial animation issue affecting fighter likeness on fighter select screen and in fighter portraits
    Tuned muscle definition on all fighter models
    Fixed an issue with glove touch functionality

Miscellaneous updates to some UFC fighter appearances/likenesses (Not all of these will be available for the EA Access Play First Trial, some may not show until worldwide launch on August 14th). Notable changes:
    Donald Cerrone – hairstyle and facial hair (beard)
    Paul Felder – body proportions and facial hair (increased width/volume of upper torso)
    Paulo Costa – body proportions (increased width/volume of Costa’s torso and shoulders)
    Stephen Thompson – body proportions (reduced size of head)
    Cody Garbrandt – updated body likeness and facial hair
    Sean O’Malley – hair color
    TJ Dillashaw – updated body likeness

Striking
    Fixed animation issue with jab into jumping spinning body kick combo
    Fixed an issue where jab feints were affecting takedowns
    Improved responsiveness of combo inputs
    Fixed issues with strikes not triggering if the input could also be used for a cage strike. For instance, fighters who had the cage superman punch could not perform the regular superman punch.
    Fixed animation issues with spinning elbow
    Fixed sprinting knee inputs

Grappling
    Added player indicators to the submission HUD to identify who’s attacking and defending
    Takedown denial now taxes attacker’s stamina
    Depleting health in side control now leads to knee on belly
    Fixed an issue where grapple assist sometimes lead to additional inputs
    Fixed dead frames on the transition to knee on belly

Ground and Pound
    Added HUD during ground and pound to highlight available transitions and submissions
    Added ground and pound transition from half guard up to full guard for the sub fighter
    Increased stamina penalty for missed strikes during ground and pound
    Tuning: lowered temporary damage for most positions
    Tuning: reduced vulnerability when posting to straights
    Tuning: increased permanent damage

Submissions
    Improved visibility of submission HUD options
    Submissions have been tuned:
    Decreased movement penalty for the defender.
    Decreased the effect of small stamina advantages.
    Decreased submission strength for most submissions - the Back Flat Rear Naked Choke was the only exception. This was done in a way that increases the contrast between the stronger and the weaker submissions.

Clinch
    Sub fighter's strikes no longer interrupt cage power takedowns
    Added single leg drive from knee catch position
    High block no longer interrupts clinch cage takedowns
    Cleaned up animations for knees in the catch teep kick position
    Removed blocking of dominant fighter's body knees from single under cage. These are supposed to be countered with the wizer escape, pressing the left stick towards the opponent’s underhook, the opposite direction to the one used for the regular escape.

AI
    AI can now defend cage single under body punches
    Decreased the speed of harder AI response to submission prompts
    AI submission skills have been tuned on various difficulties
    Increased the AI’s ability to defend strikes in cage single under when hurt
    Fixed an issue where the AI was unable to defend back pack position
    Fixed an issue where the AI idles in cage back clinch
    Added 30+ new custom AIs for roster fighters
    Updated AI movement and cage awareness logic
    Increased the effect of the opponent’s stats on AI gameplan
    Camera
    Camera adjusted during Imanari Roll

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

They need to fix Conors head! For one the most recognised faces of the Ufc it's awful.

EA Access trial is live. You have to go to the ps/xbox store and search ufc 4. You will then have a download link. 7gb is a bit small though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

7Gb is just the first section to be able to play, theres another 27Gb after that.

Still downloading. Going into local lockdown here so will breeze through those 10 hours haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

How/why is DJ in the game?!

Beersmith wrote: »
    How/why is DJ in the game?!

Probably something to do with the video game likeness in his contract. Didn't think they could still use it after they left though but maybe that's part of the contract.

The Jon Jones standing guillotine /choke a man to death and dump his dead body on the ground move is savage looking in this!

https://www.reddit.com/r/EASportsUFC/comments/i5jox7/thats_just_wrong_new_animation_walk_away_sub/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb

This is brilliant and he's not wrong. Wish they got Roxy in as well.

https://twitter.com/ThugnastyMMA/status/1291520996109946887?s=19

Havent got to play yet, probably will later. Whats the verdict so far?

Axwell wrote: »
    Havent got to play yet, probably will later. Whats the verdict so far?

Spent 30 minutes making a character who turned out nothing like i wanted :) still in the amateur part of career where each fight is like a tutorial against a different type of fighter. My guy is **** bit i love the new fluidity of the fight going from standup, clinch to the ground. The scrambles are great.

Playing Blitz at the moment which is great. Today's event is 5 rounds and then a finale. The rules are FW and 1 minute rounds, really quick.

Got absolutely done by 2 decisions of fights i definitely won. Need to look at the tutorials and get some practice fights in. I'll be on again tomorrow night if anyone fancies a few scraps.

I'm in the UFC done one fight there and about 6 or 7 total. It feels way too easy, it's apparently hard difficulty but I've finished everyone in first or second round so far. Was able to upgrade to 5 star punch speed and punch power straight away.

3 hours burned through and really really enjoying it however

I'm in the UFC done one fight there and about 6 or 7 total. It feels way too easy, it's apparently hard difficulty but I've finished everyone in first or second round so far. Was able to upgrade to 5 star punch speed and punch power straight away.

3 hours burned through and really really enjoying it however

What fight style and weight class did you go with? I just got to the fight to impress Dana against the wrestler, fight like a noob throwing everything to put him away and impress the boss. Completely blew my gas tank and couldn't finish him and got ko'd in the last 5 seconds :pac: Quit straight away, gonna run that one back and fight normally this time.

What fight style and weight class did you go with? I just got to the fight to impress Dana against the wrestler, fight like a noob throwing everything to put him away and impress the boss. Completely blew my gas tank and couldn't finish him and got ko'd in the last 5 seconds :pac: Quit straight away, gonna run that one back and fight normally this time.

Went LW and boxer. You?

Yeah I went to contender series but didn't get the UFC offer first time around. You need to finish in the first round to get it guaranteed and I finished in the 2nd.

A couple of wins in the WFA and I was back on the contender series and got UFC call up after that.

I feel like it's easy to break their block and then after that the punches cause a lot of damage. Also I haven't found many of them trying to take the fight to the ground which was strange as that's my weakness.

Haven't done online yet so that's a different kettle of fish altogether.

• Advertisement

Yupp, LW and boxer too, the standup stats are great to start off with. Ah that's good to hear you actually have to impress to get into the ufc first time around. I definitely suggest trying the blitz. I'm sure the 1 minute rule can be exploited by picking a wrestler and spam takedown for an easy decision but it feels dirty. I'm really liking Max in it.

Anyone on today see what the Blitz is? I wouldn't mind getting the trophy for winning it in the early days before everyone becomes a master. Same with the online champ trophy, the rest look easy enough to get.

Anyone on today see what the Blitz is? I wouldn't mind getting the trophy for winning it in the early days before everyone becomes a master. Same with the online champ trophy, the rest look easy enough to get.

Heavyweight knockout mode lost in 2nd Rd

Heavyweight knockout mode lost in 2nd Rd

At least you get infinite goes at it and not just one entry a day kind of thing.

You need people available to play though, if you leave you lose your progress. I player it 3 tikes last night, twice i got to 2nd last fight and was beat. The last time I got to the final and it would keep saying 2 opponents available on the bottom left but when I search it wouldnt find anyone. I searched multiple times and nothing so in the end I had to give up and lose my progress and couldnt fight the finale.

Started my career also - went with LW boxer same as everyone else. Had my contender series fight and won that so im in the UFC, Lauzon beat me then though so have to see who I get offered next. Its a but annoying that you can progress straight to the UFC like that and that to go the WFA route you have to lose early on. Rather than being able to fight in the WFA first and at one point decide if you want to try out for the contender or series or wait and continue in the WFA, get a belt and then maybe a direct call up to the UFC.

Finding myself rusty enough and getting to grips with some of the new controls like clinch etc (playing on legacy for the rest) so its good to have career to guide you early on. Enjoying it but with UT gone I cant say yet I can see exactly where all that time and effort was spent elsewhere in the game. Its early days so I will reserve full judgement until I have a few more hours under my belt. I do like the new clinch system and how fluid that feels though.

Can see myself playing through career (at least once) early on when the novelty is there from the new game and then mostly probably playing blitz battles and online championships. Hopefully they keep Blitz battles fresh and interesting enough to keep it appealing, theres so many options with ways to end the fight etc that they should be able.

Aw i thought you could leave and pick up your blitz progress as long as you hadn't lost. That sucks then if you can't find someone, would rightly put me off. They should think of a way around that.

I read that in career when you are told about the fight that Dana will be at, that if you skip it, you'll go straight to wfa. Then you can keep turning down ufc offers to continue your wfa career. What difficulty you on?

Yeah, it's bizarre they took out UT especially since they put a spin that people didn't want it because of MTX but more you can spend really money on lion masks instead.

Axwell wrote: »

Started my career also - went with LW boxer same as everyone else. Had my contender series fight and won that so im in the UFC, Lauzon beat me then though so have to see who I get offered next. Its a but annoying that you can progress straight to the UFC like that and that to go the WFA route you have to lose early on. Rather than being able to fight in the WFA first and at one point decide if you want to try out for the contender or series or wait and continue in the WFA, get a belt and then maybe a direct call up to the UFC.

You don't have to lose, you just reject the contender series at the start I think

You don't have to lose, you just reject the contender series at the start I think

Maybe thats possible, id still rather you just didnt get the offer so early. Id rather go amateur to WFA, get spotted there and then get offered a chance to go UFC/ Contender series and turn that down to try pursue a WFA title and then later transition to UFC when they come knocking.

Aw i thought you could leave and pick up your blitz progress as long as you hadn't lost. That sucks then if you can't find someone, would rightly put me off. They should think of a way around that.

I read that in career when you are told about the fight that Dana will be at, that if you skip it, you'll go straight to wfa. Then you can keep turning down ufc offers to continue your wfa career. What difficulty you on?

Yeah, it's bizarre they took out UT especially since they put a spin that people didn't want it because of MTX but more you can spend really money on lion masks instead.

Yeah I assume once theres more people it will be easier to find someone but after getting to the final I was pretty pissed to have to lose progress and wasting time on my trial over and over again trying to find a fight.

Just playing on moderate or whatever its called, figured id just play with the EA access trial and use it as a test run and when the game drops probably even start a new career at that stage as I really wanted to go the WFA route to start and then move to the UFC. Found the first few fights easy enough to win and get a KO etc but I imagine early on everything is dumbed down and having played the previous ones winning a fight with the few basics you get taught isnt a big deal and things will get a bit tougher as you progress. First proper play through Im happy enough to just go through it and enjoy it and do wfa to ufc and go for goat and the title and then next play through ill probably try jump to legendary and play through on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Played about 3hrs straight of career and a match online.

Career is good so far. Currently 3-0 as a pro and just got invited to the contender series. Playing with the AI on hard. Decided to see what'd happen if i KOd my kickboxing partner and they basically become unavailable for next weeks practice. Overall its good so far.

Advertisement