Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA UFC 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 WhymeWhynot

What time can I play the McGregor fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Trophies are out there. All fairly simple bar these 2, specifically the Blitz winner if there's going to be as many people competing as I think there will be.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/11228-ea-sports-ufc-4

Achieve Ultimate Victory in Blitz Battles.
    Become champion and defend the title once in Online World Championships.

Clinch Mechanics tutorial. This is a big help for getting a good early start on competition.

And Nunes is the top rated fighter.

m1o2gzzx7ef51.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Are they doing the 10hr trial thing they do with new releases?

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Are they doing the 10hr trial thing they do with new releases?

Yupp, it's going live sometime after midnight tonight on EA Access. EA didn't say what time exactly though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Anyone getting it on EA access? Assume its the 10hr limit as normal. Not sure ill bother, did it with Fifa last year and all it does is annoy you when the time runs out and you have to wait days to play the game again.

Axwell wrote: »
    Anyone getting it on EA access? Assume its the 10hr limit as normal. Not sure ill bother, did it with Fifa last year and all it does is annoy you when the time runs out and you have to wait days to play the game again.

Yupp, my plan is a couple of hours a night to stretch it out, feel out career difficulty levels to decide what i will start as in the full game.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Im tempted to play a bit of career but i know I’ll probably end up jumping online which is a but of a waste. Cant see myself playing it on legendary, would rather a first play through thats enjoyable, not too easy but not a ball breaker either. Will probably save legendary for a second or third play through if career turns out to be good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

No sign of any pre downloads for the ea access anyway.

I'll just stick to career mode id say to get a feel for it. Don't wanna waste my time learning off transition denials for online until it fully comes out. Will probably play a few online games all the same

I'm gonna wait for legend for 2nd playthrough but i want to see the difference between normal and hard. I saw a free career videos on normal and they are just spamming punch and getting handy ko's which i know will become boring but legendary looks a pain to learn moves so hoping hard will be a nice inbetween to keep things interesting. Will be doing an easy career at some point for the trophy 'defend the belt 12 times consecutively'.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Forgot I had EA Access, nice surprise to be able to put a few hours into it this weekend to get a feel for the game. I’ll probably spend the 10 hours trying to find as many ways to spam and cheese easy wins as possible playing others respectfully online in the spirit of a true martial artist.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Might be the best time to start a new US account so, get 7 day free trial with ea Access, download and install ufc 3 from it and get 20% discount off UFC 4.

Is the 20% discount just from buying it via UFC 3 or is it via ea access. - thought it was 10% via ufc 3?
    Going to setup my US account - I already have UFC 3 in my library from my Irish account so I dont need it from ea access..but do I need to do it via ea access to get the 20%?

Is the 20% discount just from buying it via UFC 3 or is it via ea access. - thought it was 10% via ufc 3?
    Going to setup my US account - I already have UFC 3 in my library from my Irish account so I dont need it from ea access..but do I need to do it via ea access to get the 20%?

10% off if you buy it from the ufc 3 menu. Then when you get to checkout, it will add another 10% discount if you have ea Access.

For anyone who didn't know, you get ufc 3 free with ea Access so sign up for free trial or just pay 1 month sub, download ufc 3 and then buy ufc 4 through the ufc 3 main menu for 20% off.

Ugghh..sony and their digital content. I own ufc 3 on Irish account but cant access the pre order discount via my us account as dlc content is region locked (seems the preorder is like a dlc). So need to go download the game via ea access just to go in and pre order 4..still 20% off and paying in $ probably makes up for the hassle and effort.

How do non gamechangers on Youtube have the game now?

stephenl15 wrote: »
    How do non gamechangers on Youtube have the game now?

Apparently game shops in America have this in stock and one either employee or friend of employee posted a pic of it, guessing plenty other people in the same boat.

Some really great videos on Takedown defense, submissions, transition fakes and defending transitions.

There are good vids, can't help but notice that he seems to be using the new controls vs the legacy ones in them - would assume he played ucf3 but has decided to embrace the new controls

There are good vids, can't help but notice that he seems to be using the new controls vs the legacy ones in them - would assume he played ucf3 but has decided to embrace the new controls

I have a feeling he was told to give a tutorial but use new controls which was weird cuz they weren't really needed in those videos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Are we sold on the new controls then or will a lot of people still revert back?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Haven’t played the full game yet but based on the beta, there’s zero chance I’ll use the new controls, legacy all the way.

There’s absolutely no skill or nuance in the new ground system from what I’ve played of it (not a lot tbh).

Will definitely use legacy. They're not exactly new controls, more simplified and gives you less options

martyos121 wrote: »
    Haven’t played the full game yet but based on the beta, there’s zero chance I’ll use the new controls, legacy all the way.

There’s absolutely no skill or nuance in the new ground system from what I’ve played of it (not a lot tbh).

I'll give it a go but by the sound of things ill be switching ha.

Kinda crap so hopefully its improved or its one of those things u pick up with time.

Oh the new controls are unplayable for anyone who has played it before. It's basically there to appease to anyone who said the controls were too complicated but went way too far. I'm sure reviewers will have an easier time and therefore give a higher score.

Oh the new controls are unplayable for anyone who has played it before. It's basically there to appease to anyone who said the controls were too complicated but went way too far. I'm sure reviewers will have an easier time and therefore give a higher score.

FFS :pac: I'm curious to see how bad they are at least haha.

Also it was hinted that legacy controls were going to be completely removed so no one could complain it was too complicated anymore. Pure rumour but wouldn't put it past EA. Also a game changer hinted the game was designed to be reviewer friendly which you can take blame them for wanting better reviews and sales.

Also it was hinted that legacy controls were going to be completely removed so no one could complain it was too complicated anymore. Pure rumour but wouldn't put it past EA. Also a game changer hinted the game was designed to be reviewer friendly which you can take blame them for wanting better reviews and sales.

I hope there in there otherwise there will be some serious backlash when the game is released!

I hope there in there otherwise there will be some serious backlash when the game is released!

Oh they are thankfully. Beta became so much better when i switched to legacy and turned off the red effect that fills half the screen when someone is rocked.

• Advertisement

Oh they are thankfully. Beta became so much better when i switched to legacy and turned off the red effect that fills half the screen when someone is rocked.

Is the submission system still the same? I noticed it looks different on screen if anything it makes the whole thing seem even more confusing!

Advertisement