Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COVID insurance refunds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Ya, it is a bit suspicious that they all came up with the same amount. Was that due to open discussion with government or just a huge coincidence they all privately came to the conclusion €30 was the right figure?

Surely that shows that they are acting as a cartel.

Given that every insurer is a cartel member and not one has broken rank on pricing in 5 years, I'm surprised they haven't told everyone to fluck off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Boscoirl wrote: »
    Changed from AXA in the middle of this. Not expecting to get anything. The €200 reduction in premium more than makes up for it.
    Both myself and the wife received a €30 cheque each today. We both had changed to different insurance companies. Pleasantly surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

My wife got a text from bank of Ireland car insurance she is getting a €30 one for all voucher, im with Aviva don't think i am getting anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

If so, then it's about time that Aviva joined the cartel - because I got nothing! :(

Ditto, I will be reminding them of this come renewal time.

Darwin wrote: »
    Ditto, I will be reminding them of this come renewal time.

And if they are still the cheapest premium, you'll do nothing and pay up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

And if they are still the cheapest premium, you'll do nothing and pay up

Nope, will shop around this time and will happily move my policy and the wife’s if there is not much difference.

Darwin wrote: »
    Nope, will shop around this time and will happily move my policy and the wife’s if there is not much difference.

Do you not shop around every year???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I recommend the petrol in Circle K - it smells great! And the diesel ain't bad either.

They also sell great coffee!

What kind of a stupid post is this, I'm not having that, their coffee is horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭MvsC3

We are insured with its4women, they are not in the humor to give refunds or vouchers at this time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

I had heard a few weeks back on the radio that insurance companies were being asked to give partial refunds to customers because there was a lot less driving going on....and claims would be down.

Last week, I got an All4One gift card from Zurich for €40. It's about a 7-8% refund, but I have to say, I wasn't expecting anything and I am quite happy for the gesture. It may have been strategic too, because my renewal offer also arrived the next day. It's about 3 weeks early, as my policy doesn't end until the third week in August.

That said, it's the first renewal I have had in about 10 years that hasn't increased by hundreds of euros. It's about the same as I paid last year as a new customer.

So, have you got a partial refund from your insurer in the past 3 months due to Covid 19?

Stay Free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Chq 30 in post from Allianz (today 29/6)
    6% refund

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Confirmed!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

€30 into my bank from Axa last week. My yearly insurance is €650 so a very small gesture from them but better than nothing I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭HBC08

The mrs got €30 from Axa today.

I was told a few weeks ago id get about the same from RSA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

A cheque for €30 from Axa last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

15 euro fuel voucher from liberty. Could have got a supervalu voucher either.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭tobdom

I just read that AIG are doing their 'gesture' at renewal time, 4% discount...... very generous......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

20e voucher from liberty with a choice for suoervalu, circle K or donate to their selected charity

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭F5500

€35 One for All from FBD there a few weeks back. Nice gesture I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭TheDenialTwist

I have been a customer of Zurich for about ten years now and I didn't get anything back even though I had read in the newspaper that Zurich were giving out All For One cards, as the OP mentioned. My Insurance will be up for renewal end of next month so I'll be expecting that in the post today or tomorrow. Hopefully they will discount something off the quote at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭emeldc

Two policies with axa. Got 2 x €30 cheques last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭lucalux

Cheque for €30 from AXA last week

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 253 ✭✭Xtrail14

I did an insurance transfer in the midst of the pandemic as I help out on a farm so I guess I can’t claim it. They know I was using another vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

€30 in the bank from allianz. Better than a kick in the arse I suppose.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

€30 from 123. Received it about a month after I didn't renew with them. Double win!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nophd08

From Aviva, nothing, zero, zilch... And renewal same as last year until I persevered and jumped through hoops until I eventually got a human to talk to (after being cut off twice) who suddenly found they could discount me about €40..
    I hate insurance companies

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

€30 AXA cheque from SuperValu in this morning's post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Xtrail14 wrote: »
    I did an insurance transfer in the midst of the pandemic as I help out on a farm so I guess I can’t claim it. They know I was using another vehicle.

You don’t need to claim it, it should just be sent if they’re giving it (not all companies are). Moat people were using their vehicles, just using them a lot less so claims are down.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭TheDenialTwist

nophd08 wrote: »
    From Aviva, nothing, zero, zilch... And renewal same as last year until I persevered and jumped through hoops until I eventually got a human to talk to (after being cut off twice) who suddenly found they could discount me about €40..
    I hate insurance companies

I got nothing from Zurich. Yet, in the newspapers it was stated that they were giving One For All cards to their customers. The OP is also with Zurich and did receive one. I'm expecting my renewal and like you I guess I will just have to keep on at them to get any kind of discount. However I will be asking them why I didn't receive my 'covid card'? A discount off the insurance would be great too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

€30 cheques from AXA for both myself and other half on Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Got a 3.6% refund for not driving for 3 months!

How did they come up with these figures I wonder?

Advertisement