Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firestick general discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Leonita

I would be extremely grateful if you could also dm me please. TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭pavb2

I'll DM you in the morning with the set up we use. I've set it up for a fee older neighbors and they all find it okay but obviously the broadband needs to be half decent

I wouldn’t mind details of the setup as well, DM much appreciated
    Same situation as others dad is 85

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

im not gonna ask the person previous for a pm, but if someone else wouldnt mind, thanks folks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭reni10

Always interested in how to make these as user friendly as possible so would love a DM on the setup please as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

bassy wrote: »
    is it free :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The OP lists "Essential Apps:" then "Sub required:" which lists apps that are essential but need a sub.

You can get a free trial for 30 days if you use promo code "SHUTIN", which should see you through Halloween and then you can cancel after.

But it's payable with spare Three phone credit, so it's free for me in that sense :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Bussywussy

Would love a DM for getting the best use of firestick i bought today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

This is by far the best IPTV player out there..

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ar.tvplayer.tv&hl=en_IE&gl=US

..and trust me I've been around the block many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭chuck eastwood

This is by far the best IPTV player out there..

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=ar.tvplayer.tv&hl=en_IE&gl=US

..and trust me I've been around the block many times.

Pretty sure that's the same player my IPTV crowd base there service on. Easy to navigate and fairly reliable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Pretty sure that's the same player my IPTV crowd base there service on. Easy to navigate and fairly reliable

I paid for the full version (dont mind paying for good development) and you can edit channel list, bouquets, favorites etc

also love the multi/split screen option also

• Registered Users Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭degsie

Would appreciate a DM on the best setup also if someone would be kind enough to assist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 b481

thinking of buying the lite, what won't work in Ireland that would in the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

Would also appreciate a DM please as my older in-laws aren't techie at all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

May I please get a pm also thanks........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

I'll DM you in the morning with the set up we use

I'd be interested in a PM also.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Entonces

druss wrote: »
    I'd be interested in a PM also.

Also would like the pm please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭reni10

Did anyone actually get a PM for the setup?

no

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Lads just google iptv suppliers and contact them, they’ll give you any instructions or help you need, it’s basically just installing an app through downloader and away you go

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Lads just google iptv suppliers and contact them, they’ll give you any instructions or help you need, it’s basically just installing an app through downloader and away you go

do you need a vpn with iptv provider?.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

Has anyone had any success installing SkyGo ?

• Advertisement

do you need a vpn with iptv provider?.

Some suppliers recommend using them but the majority don’t. I find they slow down your internet connection too much anyway to be honest unless you pay for a decent vpn. A lot of the free ones are useless

Some suppliers recommend using them but the majority don’t. I find they slow down your internet connection too much anyway to be honest unless you pay for a decent vpn. A lot of the free ones are useless

iptv providers have told uk customers the need a vpn because of the crack that went on 2 weeks ago with premier league clampdown,that might effect ireland to?.

iptv providers have told uk customers the need a vpn because of the crack that went on 2 weeks ago with premier league clampdown,that might effect ireland to?.
    Yeah that affected Ireland as well, think they managed to get a court order last year that let them block certain ips but one supplier I know of have just bought up a load of American ips to use that aren’t subject to the block and are back up and running now with no vpn needed

Yeah that affected Ireland as well, think they managed to get a court order last year that let them block certain ips but one supplier I know of have just bought up a load of American ips to use that aren’t subject to the block and are back up and running now with no vpn needed

can,t say any more on the thread as we would be going down a breach on here ;)

can,t say any more on the thread as we would be going down a breach on here ;)

Yep true sorry sometimes forget which forum im on!

Yep true sorry sometimes forget which forum im on!

haha :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭nihicib2

Excuse my technology thickness, but what is the best firestick to buy on Amazon at the moment especially as they have prime deals on?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,824 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The 4k version but they are currently sold out. There is a waiting list though which will probably populate when more become available.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭nihicib2

muffler wrote: »
    The 4k version but they are currently sold out. There is a waiting list though which will probably populate when more become available.

It became available at the 29.99 price so bought it, now just have to figure out to to use it, god help me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Post the 4k for some reason, god dam prime day. Anyone know can 6ou mirror everything from one firestick to another. Effort of downloading everything 😂

Advertisement