Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firestick general discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,510 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Trevord wrote: »
    OK. Are you stilling having issues?

[...]

Nope.

Initially, app greeted me with usual "stream not found" message this morning, but cleared cache and data once again and everything went back to normal.

Thank for the heads-up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Technique

Prime Day announced for 13/14 October.

There may be some price reductions of the various firesticks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Save me going through 15 pages of this thread - can I get Sky Go sideloaded on to my Firestick somehow folks?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Monokne wrote: »
    Save me going through 15 pages of this thread - can I get Sky Go sideloaded on to my Firestick somehow folks?

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭batistuta9

bobbyg wrote: »
    Think I tried everything today but couldn't get it to work, it is no longer brining me to the PayPal page just get the error message when I try now. I think they must be blocking PayPal based on the location of the account.

Did you get it working?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭bobbyg

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Did you get it working?

No, I have the NBC app working which has a good few games but can't get Peacock to take the payment

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭bobbyg

Monokne wrote: »

according to this you can, I haven't tried it yet, will try later and report back https://www.techymice.com/firestick/install-sky-go-on-firestick-2020/

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

Lifetime vpn from Keepsolid 12.83e

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058117501/1/#post114762963

There is a separate app for the firestick, see their website

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

bobbyg wrote: »
    according to this you can, I haven't tried it yet, will try later and report back https://www.techymice.com/firestick/install-sky-go-on-firestick-2020/

Thru downloader got forbidden

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Has anybody tried to sideload the virgin media TV app I can't seem to find a way of doing it unless I'm on a hiding to nowhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Leonita

Has anybody tried to sideload the virgin media TV app I can't seem to find a way of doing it unless I'm on a hiding to nowhere

Also thought saorview could be downloaded? Perhaps somebody could please pm if they have managed to get both these sorted.

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭mossie

Trevord wrote: »
    I note that NordVPN have a message on their site saying that they are "currently experiencing issues with BBC streaming on the Firestick".

I've noticed this in the last week or so. Buffering sometimes even when you switch servers.

Yeah this is still happening for me too. Pressing pause then play usually puts it going again but it's pretty annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

mossie wrote: »
    Yeah this is still happening for me too. Pressing pause then play usually puts it going again but it's pretty annoying.

Yep same here too. Will try that pause trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,697 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Has anyone had any luck sideloading Now TV?
    I've tried the android app using Apps2Fire but it fails at the install, and I've tried using links via downloader but it says the version isn't compatible (apk v10.13 is what I tried last)

Any pointers to an apk that worked would be greatly appreciated

Edit: oh, and there's nothing on Tanya's filelinked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Has anyone had any luck sideloading Now TV?
    I've tried the android app using Apps2Fire but it fails at the install, and I've tried using links via downloader but it says the version isn't compatible (apk v10.13 is what I tried last)

Any pointers to an apk that worked would be greatly appreciated

Edit: oh, and there's nothing on Tanya's filelinked

Spent ages trying this myself, my nowtv app on my tv keeps crashing so would be handy to have an option for it on the firestick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

Nigzcurran wrote: »
    Spent ages trying this myself, my nowtv app on my tv keeps crashing so would be handy to have an option for it on the firestick

Now TV can be used on a fire stick but the Now TV streaming service isn't compatible with all Fire stick versions
    Now TV does have its own fire stick which costs £14.99
    and renewed via Now TV Subscription tickets which contain monthly log in details .

Nigzcurran wrote: »

yes .
    Developer Option, Make sure ADB debugging and Apps from Unknown source are “ON”
    #1. Download Now tv app by using Downloader App
    #2. enter this URL - https://www.docsquiffy.com/download-latest-nowtv/
    #3. mouse toggle is likely required for Fire sticks
    #4. SCROLL Down to the Large Download button click and install
    #5. Open Now TV and enter log in details

that would be the fastest way... but Now TV is indeed likely available in many,many Filelinked stores as well with most popular Codes .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

Does anybody know will a fire stick bought in the US work in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Luap wrote: »
    Does anybody know will a fire stick bought in the US work in Ireland?

It will.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Thinking of getting one of these for the aul fella so he can watch the odd football game on weekends. He is as tech savvy as a dung beetle so I am worried about the set up process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭chuck eastwood

py2006 wrote: »
    Thinking of getting one of these for the aul fella so he can watch the odd football game on weekends. He is as tech savvy as a dung beetle so I am worried about the set up process.
    Ah don't be worried. My dad is 72 and I have erm...extra channels set up on it for him. No harder to use than a sky box

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Surprised Shudder isn't listed as one of the essential apps... it's pretty much what I use my Firestick for 95% of the time.. especially coming up to Halloween

Ah don't be worried. My dad is 72 and I have erm...extra channels set up on it for him. No harder to use than a sky box

I presume once its plugged in, he will figure out the menu himself. He is a similar age to yours. He could do with some "extra" channels, especially during lockdown

mrcheez wrote: »
    Surprised Shudder isn't listed as one of the essential apps... it's pretty much what I use my Firestick for 95% of the time.. especially coming up to Halloween

is it free :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭chuck eastwood

py2006 wrote: »
    I presume once its plugged in, he will figure out the menu himself. He is a similar age to yours. He could do with some "extra" channels, especially during lockdown
    I'll DM you in the morning with the set up we use. I've set it up for a fee older neighbors and they all find it okay but obviously the broadband needs to be half decent

I'll DM you in the morning with the set up we use. I've set it up for a fee older neighbors and they all find it okay but obviously the broadband needs to be half decent

Cheers, thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Would appreciate a dm also...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Any chance I could get a dm as well? I've set up a firestick for my elderly father and he is having lots of problems with the current setup. He can manage the Sky remote ok so guess that it's just a different ui, so something simple would suit him fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Me.. fourth? My dad would be made up, but he wouldn't be very fluent in that stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Can you send that my way too please or just post in the thread seeing as so many are interested?

Advertisement