Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firestick general discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Charged me in dollars also was 2.02 using revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Trevord

Do you need to input a makey-uppy address?

Trevord wrote: »
    Do you need to input a makey-uppy address?

Didnt ask for any address if i remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭mossie

Signed up for s sports no problem thanks for heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

So is the only way to do this is a) register an account using a VPN b) use the app which you must install as an apk c) Using a VPN, log into the app, click on any of the padlocks which will then give you the option of a package monthly vs annual. google pay subscriptions will then take care of it, via US dollars.
    One user did say they got the regular card payment page to work but most of us got errors.

• Advertisement

TheDriver wrote: »
    So is the only way to do this is a) register an account using a VPN b) use the app which you must install as an apk c) Using a VPN, log into the app, click on any of the padlocks which will then give you the option of a package monthly vs annual. google pay subscriptions will then take care of it, via US dollars.
    One user did say they got the regular card payment page to work but most of us got errors.

That's what worked for me.

Watching NFL on it now. Coverage is great.
    Will be good Tuesday and Wednesday when there's 10 games on between the 2 days.

Will be signing up for year when month expires. Works out at about 21 quid I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

21 euro per month ?.

bassy wrote: »
    21 euro per month ?.

For the year.

Less actually just checked again it's 21 dollars or €17.73 atm.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    For the year.

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww thats unreal.
    the cover much premier league footy ?.

• Advertisement

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww thats unreal.
    the cover much premier league footy ?.

Premier league, la liga, bundles liga, nfl, nba ,ufc f1, wwe probably more also.

For the year.

Less actually just checked again it's 21 dollars or €17.73 atm.

Originally Posted by Lucas Hood View Post
    No it's 9.99 for the first month then 17.99 after if you use UFC257 as code at checkout but it wouldn't accept revolut cards.

Confirmed by this tweet.

https://twitter.com/ssportplustr/sta...383243781?s=19

Watching villa game here using it. English commentary. Quality is great

Download app to phone and sign up that way works fine.

taught you meant its 17.99 per month?.

No it's 9.99 for the first month then 17.99 after if you use UFC257 as code at checkout but it wouldn't accept revolut cards.

Confirmed by this tweet.

That's turkish lira which is like 2 euro. It's cheaper again for the year. 159.99 lira

Confirmed by this tweet.

It wouldn't accept any card for me except my google pay itself. Hence I couldn't use the promo code.
    Its 17.00 Turkish LIRA a month which is 2 euro. A yearly plan is about 17.50 euro in total.

It wouldn't accept any card for me except my google pay itself. Hence I couldn't use the promo code.
    Its 17.00 Turkish LIRA a month which is 2 euro. A yearly plan is about 17.50 euro in total.

wowwwwwwwwww unreal value.................................

It's good on desktop too, you can watch in split screen so can take in several events at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Is it working now for ya?

Yes, got it working from the app.1.99 euro through revolut.
    The yearly fee is great value.
    Quality is HD, no buffering. The only thing is you'll need to get the hang of the menu in Turkish but that's only a few words.

Crazy is that sky wanted 29.99 for McGregor fight. That's nearly twice annual ssportplus fee

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

TheDriver wrote:
    Crazy is that sky wanted 29.99 for McGregor fight. That's nearly twice annual ssportplus fee

Watched a re-run for 6 euro for 3 years, still impressed by the feed, no buffering think it was a South African feed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

Do you need up use the VPN when you are watching, or just for signing up?

• Advertisement

Double C wrote: »
    Do you need up use the VPN when you are watching, or just for signing up?

Its already been said you need a vpn to watch.
    Alternatively you could use a service like smart dns with a turkish ip and not have vpn on all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

How many devices can use this at once. Want to share with my father in law so would be easier if I could just download the app for him

stuchyg wrote: »
    How many devices can use this at once. Want to share with my father in law so would be easier if I could just download the app for him

One ,you get logged out when trying to login on another device.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Anyone have issues with ITVHUB and endless advert loops? STV seems to be better for the ads but Tanya's version is more an android version that requires mouse toggle

you using keepsolid? i've it installed from amz but the ads were taking ages recently, program plays fine though. it's like a more annoying rte player :pac:
    watched wwtbam last night on it & it seemed a bit quicker but not100%

batistuta9 wrote: »
    you using keepsolid? i've it installed from amz but the ads were taking ages recently, program plays fine though. it's like a more annoying rte player :pac:
    watched wwtbam last night on it & it seemed a bit quicker but not100%

I have changed to using stv player instead, clunkier interface and requires mouse toggle but far less ads.
    Yes to keepsolid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Apk is available on apkpure.

https://apkpure.com/s-sport-plus/com.ssportplus.dice

It works fine on firestick.

I've been able to install VPN and Sports app on my phone and signed up. It's brilliant and thanks to Lucas Hood for the details. Hopefully this stays working going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭clickhere

Watching NFL on it now. Coverage is great.
    Will be good Tuesday and Wednesday when there's 10 games on between the 2 days.

Will be signing up for year when month expires. Works out at about 21 quid I think.
    Hi Lucas, I signed up for the Sports + subscription for the year. I got the Google pay receipt for $21.62, but the site is still locked. Did you get access straight away or did you have to wait for an email. Great spot, thanks.

clickhere wrote: »
    Hi Lucas, I signed up for the Sports + subscription for the year. I got the Google pay receipt for $21.62, but the site is still locked. Did you get access straight away or did you have to wait for an email. Great spot, thanks.

What do mean locked. ? Are you sure your vpn is working?

clickhere wrote: »

It'll either say a) you're in or b) not available in your area (which means the VPN isn't on)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭clickhere

Thanks Lucas and Driver for the help. I ended up deleting the app and reinstalled it. When I logged back in everything was fine. Checked the account and it is paid up for the year. Is it possible to change the commentary to English on the highlights for the football. Great bargain alert and thanks for all the advice.

Advertisement