Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firestick general discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Brilliant! In the words of my daughter.....TYSM

No worries.

It's actually really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Just reading tbe thread here, is the Browser the only way to use the BBC Iplayer?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,398 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Just reading tbe thread here, is the Browser the only way to use the BBC Iplayer?

read the OP, explains where to get the apps

TheDriver wrote: »
    read the OP, explains where to get the apps

I did, had been reading a few saying the app didn't work

I did, had been reading a few saying the app didn't work

Worked for me last night, I've the iPlayer app. Need the Vpn obviously

• Advertisement

The ssportplus banner says promo code free month 9.99. so is it first month free and then 9.99 per month after?

Worked for me last night, I've the iPlayer app. Need the Vpn obviously

Cheers got it downloaded. Seems like it works intermittently, but that might just be the iPlayer.

The ssportplus banner says promo code free month 9.99. so is it first month free and then 9.99 per month after?

No it's 9.99 for the first month then 17.99 after if you use UFC257 as code at checkout but it wouldn't accept revolut cards.

Confirmed by this tweet.

https://twitter.com/ssportplustr/status/1352896377383243781?s=19

Watching villa game here using it. English commentary. Quality is great

Download app to phone and sign up that way works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    No it's 9.99 for the first month then 17.99 after if you use UFC257 as code at checkout but it wouldn't accept revolut cards.

Confirmed by this tweet.

https://twitter.com/ssportplustr/status/1352896377383243781?s=19

Watching villa game here using it. English commentary. Quality is great

Download app to phone and sign up that way works fine.

Not sure I got the discount. 2.23€ or something went off my card.

Fair play to your knowledge of Turkish

• Registered Users Posts: 16,882 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

When is the update/facelift coming?

It depends on what Firestick you have. 3rd generation Firestick & 2nd generation TV cube already has update for over a month now. 4k firestick is next (I'm hoping in the next few weeks). Old version of Firestick won't get update I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Trevord

Cheers got it downloaded. Seems like it works intermittently, but that might just be the iPlayer.

Could depend on what VPN service you are using and whether you are using the same server each time to access it.

From my experience with Nord, you need to use one of the servers they list on their website as suitable for downloading from the iplayer (even if you just want to stream it)

I find that if you just let Nord randomly select the UK server, you are likely to get the "something went wrong" (02001 error) - which I think means that a VPN has been detected.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

Getting this on every video on both the stick, the sky app and browser "This title isn't available in your location" Everything was working fine last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,882 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

oleras wrote:
    Getting this on every video on both the stick, the sky app and browser "This title isn't available in your location" Everything was working fine last week.

I'm guessing you are on uk prime. You'll need a smart DNS or vpn to watch UK prime. Another option is to change to Irish prime. You lose the live football though I believe with Irish prime

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I'm guessing you are on uk prime. You'll need a smart DNS or vpn to watch UK prime. Another option is to change to Irish prime. You lose the live football though I believe with Irish prime

OK, its giving me the option to change to Ireland, was half afraid to click it in case i lost everything, i can do without the live football.

I had tried several UK VPN's, but all were being detected.

Edit: That worked, changing to Ireland. Thanks !

I'm going to try the ssport+ on the firestick. Is it a decent firestick app or is it annoying and require the mouse toggle etc? The UFC257 code still works

I'm going to try the ssport+ on the firestick. Is it a decent firestick app or is it annoying and require the mouse toggle etc? The UFC257 code still works

Its a decent app no mouse toggle needed.

Took a couple of screenshots.

http://imgur.com/a/LPatTL8

Its a decent app no mouse toggle needed.

Took a couple of screenshots.

http://imgur.com/a/LPatTL8

You're a star. Is there a back cat for F1 and UFC fights?
    The yearly price seems a good deal

You're a star. Is there a back cat for F1 and UFC fights?
    The yearly price seems a good deal

There is. F1 doesnt seem to have commentary in english whether thats the case when it's live events also I don't know.

It's worth 2 euro a month anyways.

I've crap internet and it works fine through vpn so far at least

Revolut or google pay wouldn't work for me, gives me a wirecard member no business error

Revolut or google pay wouldn't work for me, gives me a wirecard member no business error

I got that error last on the laptop, but was fine on the phone using monthly option. I had to add my revolut to Google pay / playstore Was all

• Advertisement

As someone who only decided to look into what they can do with their firestick last night, that is a great opening post!!

Very informative.

Switched to Surfshark and iPlayer flawless

I've tried it on laptop, on phone. I've tried an AIB card and same error. It wouldn't be VPN I assume?

I've tried it on laptop, on phone. I've tried an AIB card and same error. It wouldn't be VPN I assume?

On the phone using the app not the website?

On the phone using the app not the website?

The App says I must use the website to complete?

The App says I must use the website to complete?

Didn't for me.

Would suggest you create account on the website then sign with that account on app to subscribe.

Didn't for me.

Would suggest you create account on the website then sign with that account on app to subscribe.
    Getting somewhere.
    I got to the payment page but it will only let me pick the monthly with no place to put the promo code

I didn't use the code I didn't see a place to use it.

I didn't use the code I didn't see a place to use it.

That explains it. My last issue is my Google pay wants to charge in US dollars and can't see any way of paying in lira

Getting somewhere.
    I got to the payment page but it will only let me pick the monthly with no place to put the promo code

The promo code box is above the 17.99 box. Skip it tho. For what you're saving its not worth the hassle

• Advertisement

The promo code box is above the 17.99 box. Skip it tho. For what you're saving its not worth the hassle

It's not on the app version. Don't mind the dollars thing, they seem to be doing a fair exchange of the lira to dollars and then I'm hit with the conversion anyways on revolut. Works out at 1.97 euro.

Advertisement