Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

#SpeakOut - Sexual Assault Allegations Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

... Seriously dude?

Seriously weird place to draw the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,117 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'm shocked a lot more hasn't come out about Vince. From the outside looking in as a "smart fan" you've got a sleazy old man booking himself into sexualised angles with Trish, Sable, Torrie, Stacy etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,180 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Seriously weird place to draw the line.

"Please won't someone think of the children!"
    Etc etc.

Doesn't matter what I say. I know you're the type to play the moral outrage angle. Getting a right bang from what you said.

So go do it with someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭the eternal struggler

Just seen Scotty Davis has hit back. This is going to get a lot worse and messy before it gets better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Just seen Scotty Davis has hit back. This is going to get a lot worse and messy before it gets better.

I assume we all know the age of consent in Ireland is 17 and that's what the allusion was to at the start of that?

(Not picking anyone's side here. Just pointing out the clear intent of how that was worded)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,386 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If that statement he made about age is true then she raped him.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭the eternal struggler

brianblaze wrote: »
    I assume we all know the age of consent in Ireland is 17 and that's what the allusion was to at the start of that?

Oh God that never even twigged with me. ****ing hell.

Wrestling promotion call bullshít on Will Ospreay saying he never blacklisted Pollyanna...

https://twitter.com/IntWresLeague/status/1274740497454686209?s=19

Skeezy fúck.

"Please won't someone think of the children!"
    Etc etc.

Doesn't matter what I say. I know you're the type to play the moral outrage angle. Getting a right bang from what you said.

So go do it with someone else.

It'd be nice if you thought of some of the actual children who've been sexually abused instead of going to bat for some kind whose podcast you listen to on the way to work.

It'd be nice if you thought of some of the actual children who've been sexually abused instead of going to bat for some kind whose podcast you listen to on the way to work.

Funny. I don't listen to podcasts. Never really got them :pac:

But let's back track. I posted something and I prefaced it with "only my opinion" then you reply with:
    Yes that's what's out of hand. Not the rape, grey rape or pedophilia rampant in pro wrestling, and specifically Irish and British wrestling, it's the swingers accusation that has crossed the line.

... Which is sarcastic. See, you've already made up your mind. You are not looking to engage in a debate or discussion.
    All you want is for me to get back so you can tell me how wrong I am.

So as I said before, go do this with someone else ;)

• Advertisement

Funny. I don't listen to podcasts. Never really got them :pac:

But let's back track. I posted something and I prefaced it with "only my opinion" then you reply with:

... Which is sarcastic. See, you've already made up your mind. You are not looking to engage in a debate or discussion.
    All you want is for me to get back so you can tell me how wrong I am.

So as I said before, go do this with someone else ;)

I literally don't care about following you, I've no idea what you're opinions are on anything and honestly I don't really care. I saw a silly comment and called it out.

Debate? Your comment says you think this has overstepped the line because of several people backing up an assertion against Cornette. That's not the starting point of any debate when the subject matter is as serious as this one. It's a nice cop out that's available to cis White straight males when a subject hits a bit too close to home to cry "too far!"

That's where I'm leaving this because there's absolutely more important things to talk about in this thread than a made up poster agenda.

I literally don't care about following you, I've no idea what you're opinions are on anything and honestly I don't really care. I saw a silly comment and called it out.

Debate? Your comment says you think this has overstepped the line because of several people backing up an assertion against Cornette. That's not the starting point of any debate when the subject matter is as serious as this one. It's a nice cop out that's available to cis White straight males when a subject hits a bit too close to home to cry "too far!"

That's where I'm leaving this because there's absolutely more important things to talk about in this thread than a made up poster agenda.

*Yawn*

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Mod note: trolling with get you a ban. Converse respectfully, or not at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

jesus sammy what a horrible thing to say

https://twitter.com/wweshortyg/status/1274964647607627776?s=20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

Tons of allegations against Joey Ryan, impact are done with him and he has deleted his Twitter accounts after an "apology"

Amazed how so many of the apologies are similar. Basically go as follows "I'm a bad person but am working on myself, I'm in therapy, I treated people bad and I'm sorry, it's clear I have more growing to do"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

sky88 wrote: »

oh... dear....

Guevara is one of the biggest internet darlings right now, that will be quickly swept under the carpet by the IWC.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,628 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

J. Marston wrote: »
    Guevara is one of the biggest internet darlings right now, that will be quickly swept under the carpet by the IWC.

But that defeats the whole point of calling these people out on behaviour that is clearly not okay. Either everyone gets called out or don't bother.

"bro, sasha banks, oh, oh my god, when .... when I was at the WWE the other week I wanted to just go f**king rape that woman"

Sammy, who was 22 at the time, is an idiot.
    Look when I was 22 I was a bigger idiot in many ways than him I am sure but I wouldn't go saying anything like that.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    But that defeats the whole point of calling these people out on behaviour that is clearly not okay. Either everyone gets called out or don't bother.

Thing is Sammy is AEW and AEW are currently using a convicted rapist that is Mike Tyson so they will quietly move on from this.

• Advertisement

Thing is Sammy is AEW and AEW are currently using a convicted rapist that is Mike Tyson so they will quietly move on from this.

So AEW are hypocrites then.

Of course it does but that's how the internet works, unfortunately. The mods took down the first thread on this over on Reddit, for example.

Anyway, put in a room again with Lacey. She'll straighten him out...

So AEW are hypocrites then.

Well facts are facts. Tyson was not only accused but convicted on rape.
    Doesn't exactly mesh well with the #SpeakOut movement.

Well facts are facts. Tyson was not only accused but convicted on rape.
    Doesn't exactly mesh well with the #SpeakOut movement.

Well supposedly they are. I went to Reddit and the old youth excuse is there and Jim cornettes name is mentioned when there is no reason to mention it.

I think the metoo and speak out movement are good and needed to happen but what takes away their power is how selective it can be at times and how names are thrown out there sometimes who are accused of anything directly it sticks.

Well supposedly they are. I went to Reddit and the old youth excuse is there and Jim cornettes name is mentioned when there is no reason to mention it.

I think the metoo and speak out movement are good and needed to happen but what takes away their power is how selective it can be at times and how names are thrown out there sometimes who are accused of anything directly it sticks.

There is a lot of hypocrissy in life.
    By law, Tyson is a convicted rapist. But he is also one of "the greatest heavyweights of all time" and "one of the baddest m'f'ers on the planet" at one point. People tend to hold that in higher regard more.

Yet someone like John Leslie (british tv presenter) had his career end after being "loosely" accused of rape. Ulrika Jonsson (who accused him) said enough details that people knew she was talking about Leslie but would never confirm or deny. I mention this because Leslie wasn't one of the greatest boxers of all time.

Now Leslie has been accused since of more things since. So don't show him any love. but he was a man who never had a day in court while Tyson did and lost. Yet Tyson still is making money and has a career.

Mad world we live in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

also posted in the irish promotions thread

Only getting round to reading the sunday papers now and Sunday life in particular has a story about Brian Corr, ex PWU, has worked for OTT up north mainly and a few other promotions, up in court on 2 counts of causing or inciting a boy under 16 to engage in sexual activity

• Registered Users Posts: 60,386 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

From the outside looking in the Irish/UK wrestling scene looks rotten to the core everyone involved is going to be tainted now even by attachment to the scene as people will say how did you not know and why did you keep quiet about it.

Cornettes podcast is up, he's in fine fettle and out fighting (pretty convincingly)

Cornettes podcast is up, he's in fine fettle and out fighting (pretty convincingly)

It's up now ? Jesus that's early.

• Advertisement

It's up now ? Jesus that's early.

It's his Monday you, the drive thru

Advertisement