Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

#SpeakOut - Sexual Assault Allegations Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,904 ✭✭✭hynesie08

"while I did have sex with a 16 year old, she wanted to and I'm allowed by law, so stop saying mean things to her on twitter"

**** off and sit on your umbrella you ****ing nonce....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Referee Chris Roberts alleged groomer, manipulator and nonce.

Scurll along the same lines as Travis Banks not even acknowledging how absolutely messed up a grown man being with a 16 year old kid actually is. He's another one that needs to be launched out of sight forever.

Do you listen to music from the 60s or 70s by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,904 ✭✭✭hynesie08

We know, elvis married priscilla when she was barely legal, Jerry Lee Lewis married his 13 year old cousin etc etc, just because scumbags have been creating art since the dawn of time doesn't mean we can't call them scumbags.... The situation doesn't change, but our ability to call attention to it does

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

I don't think I do, no. At least not by choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,421 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ex NWA VP Dave Lagana released the following statement to prowrestlingsheet.com. It's a long statement.
    “The #speakingout movement has brought to light a number of new allegations of sexual assault against people in the wrestling industry, including me. These allegations of sexual assault should be taken seriously and be investigated. Every accuser has a right to be heard, but every person accused of such serious wrongdoing deserves the right to defend themselves.

Last week, Liz Savage accused me via Twitter posts of sexually assaulting her a decade ago. Liz and I were friends for a total of about five to seven years before and after the alleged assault. We first met at a wrestling show sometime between 2006 and 2008 when she was introduced to me as an independent wrestler.

I take Liz’s allegations seriously. The first time I became aware of her allegations was last week when she made them public. I take them so seriously that I voluntarily stepped down from my position as Vice President of Lightning One Inc. and its company, the National Wrestling Alliance, after learning of her allegations. I did so because they pre-date this position and I didn’t want to involve the men and women of the National Wrestling Alliance during this time.

I valued my friendship with Liz. I’m sorry that she feels that I somehow wronged her. However, the incident she described did not happen.

Liz is correct that she lived with me and my female roommate from mid-August 2010 until October 1, 2010. Liz is also correct that she shared a bed with me while she lived with me. She is again correct that nothing about our relationship was romantic or sexual. Often, as we went to bed, we would cuddle and spoon in a nonsexual way. (We also did so the few times we shared a bed prior to her living me with in 2010.)

As Liz correctly said, I never made a nonconsensual move on her during waking hours. However, her claim that I made a nonconsensual move on her while we shared a bed is false. I did not touch her in the way she claimed. I never touched her like that, and I never would have.

But Liz’s allegation of sexual assault is not the only portion of her Twitter posts where I feel compelled to correct the record.

In early August of 2010, Liz informed me that a friend of hers invited her out to Los Angeles to attend a show that I was not affiliated with. Ultimately, she stayed with me and my roommate starting in mid-August. Liz suggests that I did nothing to help her upon her arrival. But, as a friend, I offered her all the help I could. This includes taking her to an NWA Hollywood event on August 25th where I introduced her to those in charge. I was an unpaid producer at the time with the NWA, so I had no hiring or firing authority.

Liz also left out the fact of her relationship with my female roommate. While the roommate did not initially know Liz was coming, once Liz arrived, she treated Liz like a sister. She gave Liz food and clothing, and drove her to job interviews. They remained friends for years after Liz moved out. But, despite their relationship, the first time my then-roommate found out about these allegations was last week.

Liz claims that I kicked her out of my apartment because of the alleged incident. Actually, in an email I sent to her on September 24th, 2010, I informed her that my landlord stated that, per my lease, any guest staying longer than two weeks consecutively would need to be added to the lease. The landlord said they were willing to look the other way for the seven weeks Liz was with me and my roommate, but would not do so after October 1st. I offered her some of my frequent flyer miles if she wanted a flight home.

After Liz moved out of my apartment, she and I remained in contact over social media and email for a few years, even endorsing me on LinkedIn in 2013. During that time, she would occasionally email me about opportunities in the wrestling industry that I did what I could to help with.

The #speakingout movement is creating change in our industry. I wish Liz all the best in her career inside the ring and out. But I adamantly deny her allegations against me and could not let them go without providing these details about our friendship.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 Nicky88

hynesie08 wrote: »
    We know, elvis married priscilla when she was barely legal, Jerry Lee Lewis married his 13 year old cousin etc etc, just because scumbags have been creating art since the dawn of time doesn't mean we can't call them scumbags.... The situation doesn't change, but our ability to call attention to it does

Don't forget Muhammad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,237 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Jerry Seinfeld dated a 17 year old when he was 38. Creepy fúcker, never liked him.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Jerry Seinfeld dated a 17 year old when he was 38. Creepy fúcker, never liked him.

I don't get why people think the show Seinfeld is so funny. People think it's the best thing ever and maybe it's me but I don't find it that funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

I enjoy this hyper specific impression of 38 year old Seinfeld while he was dating a 17 year old

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,032 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Paiges family now in the mix after leaked emails

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,058 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Itssoeasy wrote:
    I don't get why people think the show Seinfeld is so funny. People think it's the best thing ever and maybe it's me but I don't find it that funny.
    It was awesome. Larry David is awesome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Wouldn't shock me one bit. Whole family comes off as nasty carnies.

There's emails now ? I'd seen the allegations and Paige's mother deleted her twitter account and meant to make a statement on Facebook but I never read what she said. I wonder how the rock feels after making a movie which painted them in a good light.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

Lads remember that times where different, as long as our behaviours change with the times then we are showing we are learning from bad behaviour. when Seinfeld dated a 17 year old look around and see who else was also. It is not right now, or even in my lifetime, but using them as examples doesnt work in 2020

i await your abuse on this
    cian68 wrote: »
    I enjoy this hyper specific impression of 38 year old Seinfeld while he was dating a 17 year old

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

link?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

No wonder Paige is ****ed up if she was brought up in this environment

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭therickreport

She tells a story of being in a car crash and her dad just came in and said "can you wiggle your toes? good, we've got a show tonight." Says it all really.

• Advertisement

She tells a story of being in a car crash and her dad just came in and said "can you wiggle your toes? good, we've got a show tonight." Says it all really.

I'm uncomfortable with that rhetoric.

Stu Hart used to "stretch" young wrestlers and physically abuse them. This was often laughed about and given as testimony as to how unique and lauded the dungeon was.

For the women there, would the dungeon be a symbol of men using their power or privilege?

Are men who had sex with women who wanted to have sex with them guilty of using their position of women wanting them?

Can sex only happen if people are of equal social status?

There is a LOT of uncomfortable and disgusting stories coming out. I don't know if they are true but if only a few of them are, it's disgraceful.

If, and hear me out, if you were a person who was accused of wrongdoing, when you were sure you didnt, what would your best course of action be? Deny it? Remain silent? Either way your name is out there as a predator.

Women deserve to be heard and believed. Men also need to be believed too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,393 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

With all this going on, you'd think AEW would've edited the audio on Dark this week where Luther called Marko Stunt a "little slut"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 Nicky88

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Do you prefer apples or oranges?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Seinfeld was the reason family guy and the like became a thing; the situations were so absurd and played so convincingly by an excellent cast.

The key word is absurd there, and knowingly absurd. Today's society of whinging has no room for contemplating such subtlety.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Seinfeld is the greatest American sitcom of all time. One of the main characters is a short, fat, balding man with glasses who spends a large portion of the series on the dole and living with his parents. Most other sitcoms at the time had characters played by gorgeous people who lived in gigantic apartments.

Anyway, when it comes to an accused responding to these accusations, there's really no good response. If they apologise for perhaps making someone feel uncomfortable, but deny assault, it sounds fishy. It's as good as an admission.

If they angrily deny the accusations, they come across as "protesting too much."

If they say nothing at all, then their silence is deafening.

Meanwhile, an accuser can make an accusation without providing any evidence and ruin someone's career and life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

Itssoeasy wrote: »

No soup for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

To me Seinfeld is like Nirvana. Amazing and cutting edge at the time and influenced everything after it, but when you go back and listen or watch it's good but not super amazing because you have seen or heard so much stuff that took influence from the original

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Are the WWE the only company to not actually make a comment on #Speakout all the other major and minor companies have made some kind statement.

Are the WWE the only company to not actually make a comment on #Speakout all the other major and minor companies have made some kind statement.

WWE did make a statement about this didn't they ? Or was after the George floyd killing ?

Ah a quick google say they did.
    “Individuals are responsible for their own personal actions. WWE has zero tolerance for matters involving domestic violence, child abuse and sexual assault.

“Upon arrest for such misconduct, a WWE talent will be immediately suspended. Upon conviction for such misconduct, a WWE talent will be immediately terminated.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

“Individuals are responsible for their own personal actions. WWE has zero tolerance for matters involving domestic violence, child abuse and sexual assault.

“Upon arrest for such misconduct, a WWE talent will be immediately suspended. Upon conviction for such misconduct, a WWE talent will be immediately terminated.”

Eh, the two lads were released, so they've been convicted already?

(I know it must be serious for WWE to straight up do so, maybe an admission of guilt the accused, but that statement seems like a double standard depending on how important you are for the company.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,139 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ah a quick google say they did.

interesting

Stone Cold got away with domestic abuse

Drew got booted for it

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Eh, the two lads were released, so they've been convicted already?

(I know it must be serious for WWE to straight up do so, maybe an admission of guilt the accused, but that statement seems like a double standard depending on how important you are for the company.)

There's a further part to that quote jak which says that WWE will be held to this if evidence of misconduct is clear then good luck.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    interesting

Stone Cold got away with domestic abuse

Drew got booted for it

Drew was the one assaulted I believe. Either poor form on your part or you must of skimmed through the details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,139 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Drew was the one assaulted I believe. Either poor form on your part or you must of skimmed through the details.

Skimmed through the details

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Skimmed through the details

No bother.

Just goes to show though, a man of that size was a victim and lost his job over it, and then Impact asked her if she was ok with them signing him. Lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,237 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Can't recall such a waste of potential like Dream. What an idiot.

I'll never get my head around how Dream thought he'd get away with those DMs. Not a very clever nonce.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Idiot isn't the word. Sounds like he was a ticking time-bomb on his way to doing serious damage to young lads.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Seems to be a thought the “not so wonderful news” is he’s tested positive for Covid too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,393 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm sure based on what he's supposed to have done (not saying he hasn't but you know how these things go), a lot of people wouldn't say it's "not so wonderful" that he got COVID.
    As with all of these allegations. He got caught this time but how many times has he done it and didn't get caught?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Lord TSC wrote: »

good timing on that??

possible suicide attempt from guilt of what he is alleged to have done??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,799 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

montyrebel wrote: »
    good timing on that??

possible suicide attempt from guilt of what he is alleged to have done??

Thats a bit of out there speculation based off the tweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭the eternal struggler

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Thats a bit of out there speculation based off the tweet.

Especially considering he's been released from hospital.

• Advertisement
Advertisement