Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

#SpeakOut - Sexual Assault Allegations Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,692 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Social media didnt exist in 2009?

There's more than enough accusations to make the cornette stuff seem legit

Accusations don't equal legitimacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,755 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Riddle is the one DMing special cases on twitter in earnest. Cant exactly say he's played this stellar so far.

He debuted on SD last night still, I assume pre recorded

bennyl10 wrote: »
    he went back to OVW in 2009

Fair enough but when did these instances happen ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

The screenshots from the messages are from 2017.

The screenshot messages say nothing about Jim at all.

He stopped working for OVW many many years before this.

There are lots of contradictions. It seems they are swingers which while morally questionable to some but not illegal. Asking someone to.partake in these activities is not illegal.

The issue here is if Cornette offered pushes or contracts or victimised people if they said no. The guy backing up the original poster actually says that he said no and went on to be on top in OVW and draw houses... I.e. he wasn't sacked or punished for saying no. But he singles out Cornette as out to get him and implies that Cornette slagging off his work and saying he doesn't want amputee wrestlers is down to him refusing Stacy.

So what we really have here when we distill it down is that Cornettes wife propositioned two people who both said no.

Anyway, Cornette is to discuss it all on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Bolin's son is demanding a verbal apology from Cornette to Vince Russo, or else he'll start spilling other information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,479 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Bolin's son is demanding a verbal apology from Cornette to Vince Russo, or else he'll start spilling other information.

An apology to Russo did they groom him?

So the son is openly trying blackmail the Cornette's then with statements like that.

Neil3030 wrote: »

Why ? Cornette has every reason to be pissed at Russo and not WWE related. In tna Russo tried to get him fired so maybe it's me but I wouldn't have a positive opinion of someone who worked to get me fired from my job. Also, is that not blackmail of some description ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

The Bolin/Russo/Cornette stuff is why you might wish the internet didn't exist. Does anyone seriously want to go down this wormhole again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

Monokne wrote: »
    The Bolin/Russo/Cornette stuff is why you might wish the internet didn't exist. Does anyone seriously want to go down this wormhole again?

No!

Can't stand Bolin myself. Used to get a bit of a kick out of his odd appearances on Jim's shows but I looked into him more - he is not too bad but his son is seriously the sh its

• Registered Users Posts: 17,068 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I could only grasp parts of the story because Bolin and his son were constantly interrupting each other and changing topic during that fairly irritating hour-long video I posted earlier.

Seems to have been over the restraining order episode; he did an AMA here: https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/6vzumx/im_chris_bolin_son_of_kenny_bolin_godson_of_jim/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

No one can seriously take Bolin at his word.

No one can seriously take Bolin at his word.

Well you shouldn't anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭JamieHP

Can't wait for the Vice episode on all this

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭RodVelvet

Kenny Bolin is a bull**** artist. To listen to him, he was the greatest manager ever yet he never did anything outside OVW. He has acknowledged he only had a job cause he was buddies with Cornette. He also admitted to having a thing for young Asian girls (over 18),he's a sixty year old man.
    The son is even worse, he has an opinion on everything and his opinion goes. At least Kenny is entertaining.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Janela going in with a two footed tackle on Joey Ryan. Janela must be a bloody saint, cause he is showing absolutely zero fear of any sort of counter accusation or the likes.

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1274546628079357954

As an aside, wrestling fans on Twitter really are entitled whinge bags.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I can’t think of any twitter based fandom that doesn’t have large entitlement issues. Twitter, by and large, is an absolute disaster for giving a platform to the absolute worst elements of “fandom”. Said nutters have always existed but now they have a direct line to the subjects of their obsessions, as well as a way to find other similar minded nutters...

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I can’t think of any twitter based fandom that doesn’t have large entitlement issues. Twitter, by and large, is an absolute disaster for giving a platform to the absolute worst elements of “fandom”. Said nutters have always existed but now they have a direct line to the subjects of their obsessions, as well as a way to find other similar minded nutters...

I just can't fathom why anyone would indulge them by responding to DMs when the screenshots will be inevitably posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭briany

Joey Janela having a go at Cornette over being an alleged swinger - not sure what that's got to do do with anything in itself. If Cornette was trying to bully wrestlers into swinging, or for not swinging, that'd be one thing, as has been alleged, you could criticise for that, but not simply for swinging where it is consenting adults.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I don't know if anyone here follows Katey Harvey on Twitter, but her pinned tweet from 13 hours, holy ****ing ****, the pinned tweet is absolutely vile to read.

That someone would go to that length and type it up and send it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭the eternal struggler

As an aside, wrestling fans on Twitter really are entitled whinge bags.

Can you imagine what'll happen when some females in the business start exposing some of the stuff these entitled whinge bags direct message to them? Lots of glass houses around me thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

briany wrote: »

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1273803032535404545?s=19

Joey Janela having a go at Cornette over being an alleged swinger - not sure what that's got to do do with anything in itself. If Cornette was trying to bully wrestlers into swinging, or for not swinging, that'd be one thing, as has been alleged, you could criticise for that, but not simply for swinging where it is consenting adults.

Only my opinion...
    But this whole thing has gotten out of hand. It's now about airing so called grievances about someone online.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone here follows Katey Harvey on Twitter, but her pinned tweet from 13 hours, holy ****ing ****, the pinned tweet is absolutely vile to read.

That someone would go to that length and type it up and send it.

I can tell you one thing, she is a top wrestler, one of the best in the factory. I learned more by training with her than anyone else there. Whoever wrote that shot must have a personal vendatta against her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Only my opinion...
    But this whole thing has gotten out of hand. It's now about airing so called grievances about someone online.

Yes that's what's out of hand. Not the rape, grey rape or pedophilia rampant in pro wrestling, and specifically Irish and British wrestling, it's the swingers accusation that has crossed the line.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Yes that's what's out of hand. Not the rape, grey rape or pedophilia rampant in pro wrestling, and specifically Irish and British wrestling, it's the swingers accusation that has crossed the line.

It looks like the David Starr revelations could prove to be a watershed moment of sorts for all of society. It's gone well beyond the wrestling scene now. Irish comedians, musicians and journalists (including the small, tight community of Irish language journalism) have also been speaking up over the last 24 hours or so. The entertainment industry did not sort itself out during the original #metoo wave.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

... Seriously dude?

Vince McMahon must be seriously hoping Rita Chatterton does not have a Twitter account right about now.

It looks like the David Starr revelations could prove to be a watershed moment of sorts for all of society. It's gone well beyond the wrestling scene now. Irish comedians, musicians and journalists (including the small, tight community of Irish language journalism) have also been speaking up over the last 24 hours or so. The entertainment industry did not sort itself out during the original #metoo wave.

I saw the Irish comedian stuff. One of the main guys who accused al porter has turned out to ten times worse. The accounts of people about him are horrific to read. I've not heard the journalism stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,479 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

briany wrote: »
    Vince McMahon must be seriously hoping Rita Chatterton does not have a Twitter account right about now.

Vince is more Trump than Trump he wouldn't care.

• Advertisement

Vince is more Trump than Trump he wouldn't care.

Not personally, no, but WWE has shown itself to be sensitive to scandal when exposed. The Chatterton case is old and Vince has already been through with it once, but it's hardly as if Twitter cares about a detail like that, and if it came up again, well, the last thing WWE needs is for their chairman to get embroiled and not simply some talent who they can sack at a moment's notice.

Advertisement